• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Extra spicy burgers with hot rice. The burgers were spiced inside and out and served on toast with hot mustard. For the rice, in addition to my secret ingredients, I added a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles.

pileiton said:
Extra spicy burgers with hot rice. The burgers were spiced inside and out and served on toast with hot mustard. For the rice, in addition to my secret ingredients, I added a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles.

I love hot rice... That is a great touch adding the tomatoes.. You probably like similar recipes as to myself I am thinking. Last Meal I had was Monday night.. Yes I know I need to eat more. :-( I had chicken chow fun steamed and I used Danny Cash Radical Heat.. At first I loved this sauce but I am not thinking the same lately. Sometimes sauces are just good for certain items I guess. It wasn't bad though.

Then I had wonton soup with Blair's Death Rain Nitro in it and a few drops of Jersey Death. I still like Dave's Insanity Flakes over the Nitro... I know they are 2 different things but don't get me wrong Nitro isn't that bad in the soup. It does add heat with a decent amount.

Now I am hungry. It's Wed. 2night I will do 2 large Carvel Sundaes.. lol

Some great ideas on this thread, thanks yall!

Xgraf, that steak makes me hungry everytime I see it.

I'm still eating the Hoppin Papa I made for new years. Kinda like Hoppin John, but with jalapenos, okra, and lotsa ham. Hmm, how long will this stuff last? It hasn't made me sick yet. Maybe the jalapenos act as a preservative?
Joe

willard3 said:
Tamales with chilaca/sausage/chorizo stuffing.......

I love taking clams and scallops in a garlic olive oil satuee and making them over seasoned brown rice with blair's nitro rub and using a red savina puree on top!! Good times right there..

A little wine and it's great..

I will start to take some pics as I am now a reviewer for a site..

imaguitargod said:
How did that work out for you?

I loved it.:cheers: My wife just corrected me it was Yucatan Habanero and 1/4 of a teaspoon. In my plate because she doesnt eat Habanero yet. :onfire: Put a smile on my face and made my ears ring.

Pepper Belly said:
My wife made someĀ“thing Thai like tonight with an 1/8 of a teaspoon of Habanero powder in it for me. :idea:

That is not too bad.. Sounds like a nice dish..All you guys are married. Why am I still single? I dont get it.. For me I need at least a teaspoon of pepper per dish.. I love using Dave's Flakes for any dishes that I want dry habanero in..

Pepper Belly said:
My wife made someĀ“thing Thai like tonight with an 1/8 of a teaspoon of Habanero powder in it for me. :idea:

That is not too bad.. Sounds like a nice dish..All you guys are married. Why am I still single? I dont get it.. For me I need at least a teaspoon of pepper per dish.. I love using Dave's Flakes for any dishes that I want dry habanero in..

HotSauceGoonie said:

I like pure powder Habanro instead of the flakes for thai food or mexican, I use the Daves Gourmet Insanity Spice flakes on my pizza.

pileiton;20359][quote name= said:
Because your hor sauce collection isn't BIG enough? Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's ok... lol.. my hot sauce collection is definitely big enough and my Devil's Tongue is an absolute monster!! LOL

Pepper Belly said:
I like pure powder Habanro instead of the flakes for thai food or mexican, I use the Daves Gourmet Insanity Spice flakes on my pizza.

Dave's Insanity Flakes are great on pizza. I remember putting them on about a year ago when I was newbie and they were hot.. Not really anymore, lol... Since I use Radical Heat, Batch 114, or Marie Sharp for pizza nowadays I usually add Flakes to Soup's mainly. They are greating tasting..

I am going to try Jim's Apple Smoked Red Savina Flakes from Mild to Wild Pepper co. as he is sending them out on Monday / Tues and I will do a review for the blog..

I usually add my Chipotle mix to just about everything. The last dish that I did was kielbasa and potatoes.

Chipotle mix:
Thai dragon
Caribbean red habs
Jalapeno
Hawaiian sweet hot
Hanoi red

All smoked over apple wood for 5 hours then dehydrated and crushed.

The dish:
1 stick butter
1 bag baby red potatoes
1 polska keilbasa
1 medium white onion
2 cloves garlic
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
healthy pinch of chipotle mix

melt butter in a fairly good sized pan that has a cover, I use a wok.
Add chopped onions and minced garlic, saute until soft/clear.
Add potatoes, sliced in quarters.
Add spices.
Cover and cook until potatoes start to soften, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
slice keilbasa into 1/2" slices and add them, continue to stir ever 5 minutes or so.
Dish is done when the potatoes are soft.
Garlic toast or similar goes well with this dish.

Enjoy!

I've done a lot of cooking recently. I made a spicy chicken lightly salted and heavy on paprika and cumin. When it was done I turned off the heat and I let it sit in there another 15 minutes. It was juicy and had a wonderful crispy skin. The drippings were great too.

My last two for awhile. Turkey stew. I added spices to every layer. To the meat while browning, the tomato sauce and while sauteeing the vegetables. When I mixed everything together I tasted to see if more spicing was necessary. Included in the spices were red pepper flakes and for me hot sauce after cooking.

Dressed up some potato cakes. Fried bacon. Carmelized onions and bell pepper in the bacon fat, scraping up the bacon bits. Topped with chili sauce and jalapenos.

Lunch was Four Cheese Mac & Cheese, cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella and asiago. I use whole cream rather than milk and also throw in a liberal dose of fresh minced garlic and rehydrated sundried tomato's, along with diced jalapeno's and whatever mango habanero sauce I have around. I sometimes make this with sweet thai chili sauce in lieu of the hab sauce. The mac is a great compliment to ribs and coleslaw but I can make a meal out of it just by itself. Insanely good. Cheers.

What's kind of funny about this thread, is that most of us probably eat at least 2 of the 3 meals we might eat everyday, with some degree of spicy chili goodness! :onfire:

Although, the occasional fire powder mixed into cream cheese, or freshly chopped chilies can make all 3 meals fiery ones. Or hot sauce on eggs, etc., ad infinitum!

But the last dish I made was just this past evening. It's now after midnight, so technically it was yesterday! lol

It's a simple sauteed vegetable medley that can be served over your favorite rice. I prefer jasmine or basmati rice

1 medium organic yellow onion (roughly chopped)
1 oz. organic garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
1/2 cup frozen organic peas
1/2 cup frozen organic whole kernel corn
1/2 cup frozen organic chopped spinach
4 organic rocoto red chilies (finely chopped)
4 tbls of your favorite hot sauce (I used SS!! lol)
peanut oil
1 cup jasmine or basmati rice (2 cups water to boil)

start rice- bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add rice bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer for roughly 20 minutes. Could be less, range dependent. Stirring the rice while cooking can create a 'sticky rice' effect, for those that like their rice a little on the 'sticky' side. Start the vegetable medley right after you start the water boiling...

medium-high heat large skillet or wok, add 2 tbls oil to hot skillet (wok) add onions and chilies. Saute and stir occasionally until onions turn clear. Add garlic, saute for 2 minutes (you don't want to burn the garlic). Add frozen vegetables and hot sauce of your choice!

Saute the vegetables until they thaw and are cooked through, but not overdone approximately 5-7 minutes depending on your range..

Plop a big pile of rice on your plate, then top with a few heaping spoonfuls of the sauteed vegetables! YUMMY!

You can add minced chicken breast, (immediately following the garlic- cook minced chicken for about 7 minutes on medium heat before you add the frozen veggies...) peanut sauce made with coconut milk and some fresh lemongrass for a Thai fusion effect! Make sure you use Thai Hot Dragon Hybrids and some authentic Nam Pla Prik (in a 16 oz. mason jar add 1 cup chopped Thai chilies,fill with authentic fish sauce- let stand for 1 week before use) if you do! -Lars-

Back