• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Guitargod... Remember the bowl of Green Chile Chicken Soup with the Dave's Zesty Blend???

Damn, that was good!!!

I also put that Dave's Zesty Blend on some baby back ribs last night...to die for!

today's lunch - leg ham and tomato sandwich on rye with two orange habs - damn near killed me, had to wash it down with two Stella Artois, that's right, two beers, one sandwich!

DevilDuck said:
Guitargod... Remember the bowl of Green Chile Chicken Soup with the Dave's Zesty Blend???

Damn, that was good!!!

I also put that Dave's Zesty Blend on some baby back ribs last night...to die for!
:idea: I'm glad you like it! Did you put it on the ribs and then cooked or after you cooked it. One of the best things I've found is to cover the meat with it and then grill it.

imaguitargod said:
:lol: I'm glad you like it! Did you put it on the ribs and then cooked or after you cooked it. One of the best things I've found is to cover the meat with it and then grill it.

Unfortunately, it was an afterthought. Mrs. DD doesn't like stuff too hot...:lol:

Marco's red savina salsa put her over the top...:idea:

DevilDuck said:
Unfortunately, it was an afterthought. Mrs. DD doesn't like stuff too hot...:lol:
Get a few drinks in Kim and then dare here to try it. I found out she get's really tough at that point (learned while playing pool with her last Monday night). :idea:

DevilDuck said:

Marco's red savina salsa put her over the top...:idea:

If only I offered her a "toothpick". Probably couldn't under "Tribal Law". :lol:

what is this death toothpick of which you speak? (I'm pretty sure I can guess what it is however I'd rather make it a little more theatrical, you know, to give it a bit more presence, build the drama)

queue Jaws theme as toothpick emerges from left of stage, resting on a velvet cushion and carried by a...insert preference here: tall, heavily breasted, blue-eyed, blond, maiden - nude of course!

mullet/Devil Duck/DEFCON Creator says: "well it's like this...

The ZERO is sampled normally on the end of a toothpick. It can be a lot of fun at restaurants when you hear some tin-plated superman spew macho testosterone out of his mouth about how he can eat anything hot, and when he isn't looking stick a "toothpick" into one of his wings while walking by the table.

DEFCON Creator said:
The ZERO is sampled normally on the end of a toothpick. It can be a lot of fun at restaurants when you hear some tin-plated superman spew macho testosterone out of his mouth about how he can eat anything hot, and when he isn't looking stick a "toothpick" into one of his wings while walking by the table.

Dude! You've done that! :)

Speaking of Zero, since my memory has been zero as of late, when am I going to hear something from that order form I filled out at your booth? I chose the paypal invoice option... Do I need to do anything or will you just contact me when the time is right?!? Thanks John, I'm really looking forward to trying this stuff out. After some of the research I've done on how extracts are made, I'm curious to see how clean you have made this batch...

Thanks much. -Lars-

Lars, I have to apologize for the delay. I lost my grandmother on Sunday, and things have been a little stupid around here as of late. Not to worry, You have one set aside. I'll be sending out the e-mail for shipping and billing information as soon as I can.

Thought I'd try something new with the last few inches of a whole beef rump.
Sliced it into paper thin slices & threw it into a pyrex bowl with half dozen bashed garlic cloves and some thick sliced fresh ginger. Covered it in Zulu Fiery Chili Marinade & left it in the fridge for 2 days. Dragged it out today while watching the F1 with some mates , deep fried it in olive oil for about 30 seconds and stuffed it into hot dog buns, topped with cold mushroom & garlic gravy & chopped fresh parsley, and some sliced fresh Siam.

bentalphanerd said:
Thought I'd try something new with the last few inches of a whole beef rump.
Sliced it into paper thin slices & threw it into a pyrex bowl with half dozen bashed garlic cloves and some thick sliced fresh ginger. Covered it in Zulu Fiery Chili Marinade & left it in the fridge for 2 days. Dragged it out today while watching the F1 with some mates , deep fried it in olive oil for about 30 seconds and stuffed it into hot dog buns, topped with cold mushroom & garlic gravy & chopped fresh parsley, and some sliced fresh Siam.
How'd it turn out?

Hoping no-one would ask ;) - everything was great...but the chili marinade was lame...may as well have been lemonade. My 7 yr old wolfed down a roll without breaking a sweat or running to the tap. Bottle had warnings on it & stuff, but was someones idea of a joke....still trying to find decent hot sauce here.

bentalphanerd said:
Hoping no-one would ask ;) - everything was great...but the chili marinade was lame...may as well have been lemonade. My 7 yr old wolfed down a roll without breaking a sweat or running to the tap. Bottle had warnings on it & stuff, but was someones idea of a joke....still trying to find decent hot sauce here.

I keep forgetting you guys are in Australia...you should open up a shop.

well if everything but the marinade was fine..sounds like you have a solid dish there..just get a new marinade.

ps..how did the f1 race go? i caught a few minutes of the qualifying or practice..but wasn't there to watch it for too long. oh..and now that everyone has switched cars..i have almost no idea as to who is driving what car haha.

The meat came out perfect & good flavor where the garlic & ginger had been sitting up against it in the bowl. Will try it again soon with another marinade.

Maybe an online store & i could distribute your sauces in Australia...would give the rubbish they pass off here a run for their money.

F1 was great...Lewis Hamilton is a name you should get used to. at 22 yrs old in his first GP he outbraked Alonso into 1st corner and sat in 2nd for most of race, ended 3rd after a pit mishap. Very talented driver. Kimi Raikkonen won in his debut with ferarri...he almost cracked a smile.
Can't get over how the 2.4 litre v8's using less fuel are getting to within half a second of lap times done by the 3.5 litre v12's few years ago.

here where I reside, sliced and/or whole pickled jalapenos are a given on any salad bar. Same with hot pickled okra. I eat em like candy and add crushed red pepper to any entre. Friends/relatives visiting can't beleive it and I can't beleive they at least don't have a bottle of basco when I visit them. I have to go buy one.

Back