• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Don't even think that's possible. Hey TB tomorrow I will be throwing my hat into the ring of the pizza making. I'll be making a Hawaiian type pizza with Canadian bacon, pineapple, red onion, roasted red peppers, fatalii, and goat cheese. Pics will be taken.

JayT said:
Don't even think that's possible. Hey TB tomorrow I will be throwing my hat into the ring of the pizza making. I'll be making a Hawaiian type pizza with Canadian bacon, pineapple, red onion, roasted red peppers, fatalii, and goat cheese. Pics will be taken.
The true Hawaiian has Spam! Not that I would use that :lol:

JayT said:

2 words. Goat cheese. I would turn gay as Richard Simmons if only to eat goat cheese the rest of my life. Okay maybe only...act like it...but for just one day...or a couple minutes only...I need beer....

:pours cold one on head:

:cracks glass on emergency Hustler Magazine:

Cheers, TB.

Ciao all-

I made Thai Tom Yum Soup with shrimp last night. We don't eat meat on Fridays during Lent. It's very simple but I really wish I could make the chili paste and tom yum paste that are used in this recipe. It's sort of an Asian pantry whip-everything-together-from-jars-and-cans thing. I also spike it with chili-garlic sauce and Sriracha towards the end of simmering. It's even better in summer when I can top it with a handful of Thai basil from the garden.

By the way, I'm not sure if Potawie has told you but that American Canadian Bacon stuff you're eating isn't Canadian, it's just ham. Peameal bacon (sometimes referred to as back bacon) is the real deal, but I've never seen it in the States.

Hey ya'll..got busy once again in the Blues Kitchen after a little prodding from my good friend "Don Julio". Grabbed some salmon and veggies and after a little whackin' and hackin', whirrin' and stirrin', I wound up with a mixed veggie sautee and pan seared salmon w/sweet habanero buerre blanc.

The veggies and sauce gettin' jiggy..

0219.jpg

The salmon gettin' the groove on...

0221.jpg

A bit lame on the presentation as I was feelin' the love from the tequila...but still tres bon!

0222.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Back