• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

I just lost my chili (as in the red sloppy stuff) virginity. I usually cook with a more asian style, but tonight I thought I'd try something different. Pretty basic recipe:

500g beef
1 brown onion, chopped
1/2 red capsicum, chopped
1 carrot, diced (roughly)
3 big tsp diced garlic
2 big tsp ground cumin
2 big tsp ground coriander seed
1 big tsp hungarian paprika
1 big tsp dried oregano
1 400g tin of tomatos
1 cup beef stock
2 trinidad scorpions, diced
pinch of salt, sugar and cracked black pepper

brown the meat in olive oil, add garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika and oregano, mix through, add onion, capsicum, tomato, stock and chili, and the salt sugar and black pepper, simmer for a good hour or 2. Serve with rice.

Basically made the recipe up as I went, and it tasted pretty good, I'll make it again. Except next time, I think i'll use just the 1 scorpion, as it was almost like eating molten lava. My scorpions are quite a bit hotter my nagas, I'm sure of it - I've cooked smaller meals just for myself with 2 nagas before (sometimes 3 if they're not fully ripe), but this stuff was hotter than them. Someone needs to do some HPLC testing on these suckers...

Oh, and I thought about adding beans, but decided for my first go I'd give them a miss. I know beans can be a bit of a hot topic with chili (pardon the pun :P)

edit: forgot there was 1 cup of beef stock that went in with the veggies.

mmmm curry

I made madras well my style I had the paste or sauce put in a bunch of japs hahanero powder,cayenne powder smells awsome and tastes good too..The smell alone is just plain awsome
100_1597.jpg

Platter of nachos, Monterray Jack cheese, Pace hot salsa, half jar of jalepenos, good doses of Danny Cash Bottled Up Anger, Radical Heat, and Liquid Stoopid. Washed down with a nice Italian red. My wife and I will have the above, with various combos of my assorted sauces, two or three times a week.

Last night I pulled three fatalii peppers out of the freezer and sauteed them with a little bit of garlic. I put all three peppers in two cheese quesadillas. They were absolute fiya, and it burned for about an hour.

Around 6am this past morning I took diced ham, diced onion, 3 eggs, equal parts of chedder cheese and swiss cheese and 1 Jalapeno qube (I diced jalapeno peppers and froze them in ice qube trays) and made a wonderful omelet.

I made a quick simple soup, some ingredients not in order for ammounts.
- of course water ;)
- green onions
- carrots
- water chestnuts
- imitation crab meat
- egg whites
- chile oil
- lemon grass
- dried de arbol chiles (only dried chiles I have now & bought a big bag from store)
- chicken bouillon
- cinnamon
- dried cilantro
- honey
- dried garlic
- dash of pepper

it was tasty & to wash it down, becks beer :)

well this is my breakfast & lunch together, I'm taking a break from paperwork (taxes) :banghead:

- specialty pepper & onion baked bread, then I added garlic spread (with garlic chunks in it) & added some more stuff to make the garlic spread even better (spices & another kind of garlic spread topping)
- baked the bread so it was crusty
- pepperjack cheese
- onions, red bell, green ancho/poblano & roast beef sauteed in olive oil
- homemade hot chile sauce/mash (made with red wine vinegar) for topping
- homemade dill pickles

all those flavors mixing together made this a very tasty sandwhich :drooling: I think this is how I'll make my roast beef sandwiches from now on.
it was kinda messy, & I'm full. I think super will be a small & lite meal :lol:

DSCF1096.jpg

That home made chili sauce looks sooooo dirty!! Love it!! Anyone who has pickles on their plate gets +5 as well. That is outstanding eats!!
Cheers, TB.

TB - thanks, yea pickles go good with sandwiches, its a normal dill pickle but with a certain herb in it when canned, the flavor is great! sorry dont want to say what herb might get them to the state fair & maybe hope win.

but that meal was nothing compared to what I had last night :drooling:
me & some friends went to a buffet (all you can eat for you non-americans) & pigged out on alaskan king crab, sea scallops, butterfly shrimp, calamari, shrimp stir fry, salmon, roast beef, herb mashed potatoes, your basic buffet items, & last but not least butterscotch sundaes :lol:

CH..you shouldn't have mentioned the king crab. Now I've got the king crab jones goin' on. My gal and I are addicted to the stuff.
Here's how we do it...dig it...
We split the legs and knuckles. While a pot of water comes to a boil, we melt a stick or two of butter, and add the juice of 1 lemon per stick. Once the water boils, the crab takes a dive for 10 seconds...no more, after all, its already cooked...just warming it up a bit. Then we take out and shell the crab and throw into the lemon/butter. Once all the crab is shelled, only then are we allowed to eat it, right out of the bowl. Its disgusting. It goes very well with garlic/parmesan bread.

Damn..now I have to go and buy some crab.

Cheers, TB.

Yeah CH...snow aint near as good as king but I'll take that over the jumbo lump crap the chefs use in this town. Dungeness is my second fav next to king....and among king crab...forget golden...red king from the chuchki sea is primo!!
Cheers, TB.

The sandwich-man is back!
Been doing some official Harissa testing for Bent, and thought I should try some of them in a sandwich (I'm a sandwich whore... it's my fast food!).

Here's how I make my less than a minute sandwich (some really fast, fast food).

First you take two slices of bread.
34117910er2.jpg

Add some Harissa and Hummus.
14569575sq9.jpg

Some conveniently bread-shaped turkey sausage.
68244748jp2.jpg

Close the damn thing, and TA-DA!
93740717eg9.jpg

The Harissa makes it taste like some really complicated food, and the only downside is how small it is.

*going to make another one*

Omri : you're sure in the box seat there for recipes. spices & flavours.
There has to be 45 different Harissa sauces there though, right?

Tonight, same as every night...

snackzi0.jpg

crackers, local feta (in my case Tasmanian) & a wee slice of fresh Naga.

It tastes so good :)

In general? more than 45. really different? not as many. actually good like making some fresh batches? few.
I still think my home-made Skhug is better. :D

Try adding some sauce on that cracker snack you got there.
Hmm... it's made from turkey breast, not whole turkey. lol.

Back