contest Where's The Beef? Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, cook how ya like it! Problem with bear meat is trichinosis. You HAVE to make sure its over 170 degrees f to kill all parasites.

I like to keep my food fairly simple. Obviously, I went a little farther than a normal bbq, but hey, thats what a TD is for, right?
Hope ya'll like!!
That's some good-looking chow, HP! I just got links rather than images, though. Did you put img tags around your photos?

Ah - see I posted to soon - you've fixed already.

gassy, good job!

And Hot Pooper, that's a great idea to use the onion ring to hold the chutney. Great, creative burger.

Here's my teaser-

Just the main ingredients...can't show too much, it'd give away the surprise!

burgertdteaser003.jpg

and just for geeme, rum #1, for me to drink while prepping! Don't worry, this is only the teaser post, I'll have Rum #2 and Rum #3 in the main entry post.

burgertdteaser008.jpg

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! The noobs are goin' down! :lol:

Everyone please post the type of meat. Sausage it too vague and can be beef so make sure it's not and please post it. Thanks

Yooper, you need to put your final plate up picture/post in the same post as your prep pictures!
No you don't. The only pic that is required in the final post is the plating pic. You can add more but not needed in the one post.

This is it...

Can he repeat with a back-to-back this month??? Based on what I've seen....(and those YET to post....and you KNOW who you are!) I very much doubt it!!! :rofl:

That being said, I've decided to go a different route than most this month....AND tie-in my obvious love of seafood.

Here's my teaser:

100_1811.jpg

I gave away my target burger weeks ago....so no surprises here......well....not THAT many! ;)

Prep and cooking to follow later.....but for now, back to the :beer:

GIGGITY

No worries, just read the rules, you don't need to put prep pics with the final entry post. You just want at least one good presentation pic there.

And make sure y'all post the type of meat.

Damn, HotPoop. That looks crazy. Did you forget to de-claw the black bear before you cooked it?
Awesome job! Davy Crockett would be proud.

Paulky Paulky Paulky, here we go again. You won last time with the seafood spectacular. A man of your talent (and talent it indeed is) should diversify!!!! Where are the scallops and shrimp? :)

Potawie's double bacon chile cheeseburger

Ground peameal back-bacon and regular bacon then made some striped patties

Sept 5 005 by potawie, on Flickr

Grilled patties then put them into the warm smoker while I lightly grilled up a few onion slices and got everything else ready

Sept 5 007 by potawie, on Flickr

Added roasted red chiles, mozzarella cheese, a couple really hot jalapenos, and a slice of fresh tomato to a 2 patty burg

And here it is before I smooshed it down to fit in my mouth

Sept 5 018 by potawie, on Flickr

Thanks everybody!! Damn, this is one HELL of a Throwdown!! Cant WAIT to see the results!!!
Yeah, I figured the "claws" would be cool! lol
Sorry about the crappy pics ya'll. Decided to try the camera function on the new camcorder. CRAPPY!!!

And now for your culinary entertainment pleasure...

3 Chile Pork Chorizo Double Double

Dig it ya'll.....

Pork Chorizo
Ciabatta Bun
Roasted Red Bell Pepper
Hatch Roasted Green Chile
Pickled Jalapeno
Yellow Onion
Tomato
Monterrey Jack Cheese
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Cast Iron

Here's the mayhem....

IMG_2668.jpg

I've used this brand of chorizo before. Good stuff. Very spicy and...PORKY!

IMG_2669.jpg

A 'thang of beauty...

IMG_2674.jpg

Just look at that oozy goozy hotness!!

IMG_2676.jpg

Behold.

IMG_2677.jpg

And now...the coup de grace...

IMG_2678.jpg

And one last in HD SurroundSound!

IMG_2679.jpg

Enjoy the fine dining from The Blues Kitchen ya'll!

Allright, just a gentle tease here. Gator is not in season, otherwise I'd go catch one with my bare hands and rip it's tail off. Had to go with store bought.
Sometimes gator can be a little tough, so I have some fresh manatee fat to use as a binding agent if needed. Waiting for the bread to rise. Stay tuned.
Me and sum finishing up the busch lights. New THP soflo posse recruit gonna come observe the madness. Oh and I just picked another keg of PBR. This one is going to be awesome. Proof of life included.
IMG_2465.jpg

And now for your culinary entertainment pleasure...

3 Chile Pork Chorizo Double Double

Dig it ya'll.....

Pork Chorizo
Ciabatta Bun
Roasted Red Bell Pepper
Hatch Roasted Green Chile
Pickled Jalapeno
Yellow Onion
Tomato
Monterrey Jack Cheese
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Cast Iron

Here's the mayhem....

IMG_2668.jpg

I've used this brand of chorizo before. Good stuff. Very spicy and...PORKY!

IMG_2669.jpg

A 'thang of beauty...

IMG_2674.jpg

Just look at that oozy goozy hotness!!

IMG_2676.jpg

Behold.

IMG_2677.jpg

And now...the coup de grace...

IMG_2678.jpg

And one last in HD SurroundSound!

IMG_2679.jpg

Enjoy the fine dining from The Blues Kitchen ya'll!

Daaaaaaaannnngggg!!!!! Grand Slam! No guacamole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back