contest Where's The Beef? Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
1046.jpg

After getting seared on the cast iron, this half pound bad boy went into the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes.
1047.jpg

The Heat: The large, red pepper was labeled "Italian Pepper". Once I started to dice it up I knew I had tasted this before. They must use this pepper in italian sausage because the scent was soooo familiar. Also added one whole Naga and half of a Caribbean Red Hab. Threw this together with some onions and fried it all up in the sausage oil.
1048.jpg

Assembled with proof of life. :)

SouthernYooper's Juicy-Lucy Cudighi From Hell

1050.jpg

Ingrediants:
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 cup Sweet Onion, chopped
1 whole Naga Morich
.5 Caribbean Red Habanero, chopped
.5 Sweet Italian Pepper
Fresh Mozzerella
1 Onion Roll

Split the half pound of sausage into two and put a huge chunk of fresh mozzerella in the middle prior to cooking. Seared both sides. Then Baked. Once cut open you get the sexy ooey, gooey goodness. Ate it outside with the cool air chilling my burning lips. HOT! This is a staple from back home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. If your ever in Ishpeming, MI, stop by Ralph's and eat the real deal. It has been broughten!

1050.jpg

Ingrediants:
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 whole Naga Morich
.5 Sweet Italian Pepper
Fresh Mozzerella
1 Onion Roll

Split the half pound of sausage into two and put a huge chunk of fresh mozzerella in the middle prior to cooking. Seared both sides. Then Baked. Once cut open you get the sexy ooey, gooey goodness. Ate it outside with the cool air chilling my burning lips. HOT! This is a staple from back home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. If your ever in Ishpeming, MI, stop by Ralph's and eat the real deal. It has been broughten!

Be careful, that kind of cutting board tends to harbor bacteria. :) I smell pizzaburger!!!! Uh Oh!

Roo meat burgers look cool perko and RS. Well done.
RS, way to sack up and get in on this!!!! You spoke softly and carried a big stick! Much respect! I look forward to your future endeavors.

DTS, that looked awesome. Only wish there were more pics. It was too good an entree for only 2!!!

Just a portion of things to come....

justaTease.JPG

And, THP, had to laugh - you must have been reading my mind, since it was already on the menu!

This is after the second rise and incorporation of sharp white cheddar (from Aussieland) and 4 jalapenos (and before 3rd rise, which is in its final throes):
chiCheese.JPG

.... and now the nay-sayers know why I (and SL!) haven't posted before now...

SY-- Re-take your photo wit da $.70!!!

There is an assembled pic up there with the 70 cents. Hope it doesn't need to be in the final pic or beginning pic because everything is chopped, cooked and eaten. I have an assembled final pic with the 70 cents but it didn't get the nice close up. Hope my entry will still be eligible.

SoYo, you're OK with the .70, as long as it's in there somewhere.

YEA, RS67! Way to go there, Walt, getting our Nortwest Posse off to a good start.

And some other really good burgers also. This is a good one, fo sho.

You'll be seeing mine today. ;)

geeme....JELLO??? Oh I know! Bacardi shooters as your side dish!

You'll be seeing mine today. ;)

geeme....JELLO??? Oh I know! Bacardi shooters as your side dish!
Actually, it's pudding mix. And no, it won't end up as pudding. Lookin' forward to seein' yours - mine won't get to post until tomorrow.

1050.jpg

Ingrediants:
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 whole Naga Morich
.5 Sweet Italian Pepper
Fresh Mozzerella
1 Onion Roll

Yooper, you need to put your final plate up picture/post in the same post as your prep pictures! One Post! Otherwise, the boss will only take one of the posts for the Vote thread.

(Why am I helping a noob? This is supposed to be vets vs noobs~~)

Gassy's Dynamite Hot Pork Brekkie Burger

As much as I love a good burger, I'm not much of a cook so I kept it siiimple as. Already realized from the start I would be in over my head, but hey, it was a damn good excuse to grill some burgers, right?

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg

Toasted turkish bun, jalapenos, grilled pork pattie seasoned with plenty of naga powder, cheese, bacon, Red Kelly's Dynamite Hot Sauce, fried egg, Pepper Pepper and on the side, chorizo and some fresh green japs to munch down on.

My original plan was to skin the chorizos and combine them with the pork for the patties but my hunger got the better of me and I had no time to stuff around. I figured a chorizo on the side would have to do!

Everything looks great don't know what im gonna pick this time around gotta love the fried egg gasificada. :drooling:

Gassy's Dynamite Hot Pork Brekkie Burger

As much as I love a good burger, I'm not much of a cook so I kept it siiimple as. Already realized from the start I would be in over my head, but hey, it was a damn good excuse to grill some burgers, right?

Toasted turkish bun, jalapenos, grilled pork pattie seasoned with plenty of naga powder, cheese, bacon, Red Kelly's Dynamite Hot Sauce, fried egg, Pepper Pepper and on the side, chorizo and some fresh green japs to munch down on.

My original plan was to skin the chorizos and combine them with the pork for the patties but my hunger got the better of me and I had no time to stuff around. I figured a chorizo on the side would have to do!
That's a beautiful dish, Gassy! Today is one of my fasting days, so lookin' at all this food (not to mention smellin' mine cooking) is just a tad bit overwhelming - but I'll make it through!

Ok, here goes nuthin'!!
First off, Bear Burger:
1.5 lbs ground black bear meat
1/2 table spoon Cumin
1/2 tablespoon Coriander
1/4 teaspoon Pepper Pepper (from thehippyseedcompany)
1/4 table spoon Naga Powder (from thehippyseeedcompany)
1/4 cup MY special ranch mix (not gonna tell whats in it. DOES have 1/2 tablespoon ground super hot peppers)
1/4 cup cinammon

Obviously, cook how ya like it! Problem with bear meat is trichinosis. You HAVE to make sure its over 170 degrees f to kill all parasites.

Apple Chutny:
2 Fiji Apples
1/4 cup finely chopped ginger
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cinammon

Cook on low heat until you get the desired consistency.
Put slice of purple onion on top, put chutny insied of onion slice to keep chutny on bread.

Bread:
1 Torta bread/bun

Roasted potatoes:
1 pound red potatoes, sliced
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup olive oil (forgot in pic, sorry!)
1/2 tablespoon cayenne seasoning

Put all ingredients in foil "pouch," put on grill while grilling burger, check every 10 minutes to get them done as you like.

2 stalks of scallion onions (I LOVE scallion onions! For ME, they go with just about EVERYTHING!)

I like to keep my food fairly simple. Obviously, I went a little farther than a normal bbq, but hey, thats what a TD is for, right?
Hope ya'll like!!

PIC_0033.jpg

PIC_0031.jpg

PIC_0029.jpg

PIC_0032.jpg

PIC_0027.jpg

PIC_0026.jpg

PIC_0025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back