contest Where's The Beef? Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honey,

This thing is over. You knocked this one right out of the damn park! After seeing your entry, I could have put canned crab and corn flakes together on Wonder bread and the result would be the same.

;)

Oh, Pauly, :rofl:

Don't sell yourself short. You posted an awesome burger! It ain't over 'til The Boss says...DONE!

How the hell could anyone decide on those last two, fantabulous SL and Paulky :dance: :dance: I haven't eaten dinner yet and I'm on east coast time still.

FRYDAD4's "Gator Geeme Sucks Burger"

First I started with gator meat. Ground up nice. As for the yucca, Geeme said SHE hasn't seen it in a while, so I decided she could wait a little while longer. Turns out I didn't need the manatee fat either, it had some fat to it already, so I used fresh florida clover Honey as a binding agent.
Fried up the gator patties in seasoned flour as the buns were baking.
Made a Remoulade with mayo, cream, capers, Marie Sharp's Habanero Sauce, and some deli mustard. Sliced some tomatoes, red onions, and fresh avocado squirted with lime juice.
Once the buns were done, it was magic time. enjoy the pics.
Alligator burgers were so damn good!!! The flavor combination was perfect! viva SoFlo Posse!!!!
Gator Meat with honey and sea salt
IMG_2468.jpg

Final plating with something in the background
IMG_2471.jpg

Crispy alligator, spicy remoulade, and cool avocado
IMG_2472.jpg

all sandwiched up
IMG_2474.jpg

one more for my posse
IMG_2480.jpg

Good times. This was a fun one. Thanks Sum for hangin out.
FD

Yummers! Looks amazing. So those are fresh chile buns? Was it powder?

I see sautéed jalapeños too which you didn't mention.

Geeme put peppers in her buns,
and also in the bread products she used in this throwdown.
so I decided to omit peppers from the bread, and fry up some jalapenos to top off the burger. You can see them in pic 2.

FRYDAD4's "Gator Geeme Sucks Burger"

First I started with gator meat. Ground up nice. As for the yucca, Geeme said SHE hasn't seen it in a while, so I decided she could wait a little while longer. Turns out I didn't need the manatee fat either, it had some fat to it already, so I used fresh florida clover Honey as a binding agent.
Fried up the gator patties in seasoned flour as the buns were baking.
Made a Remoulade with mayo, cream, capers, Marie Sharp's Habanero Sauce, and some deli mustard. Sliced some tomatoes, red onions, and fresh avocado squirted with lime juice.
Once the buns were done, it was magic time. enjoy the pics.
Alligator burgers were so damn good!!! The flavor combination was perfect! viva SoFlo Posse!!!!
Gator Meat with honey and sea salt
Final plating with something in the background
IMG_2471.jpg

Good times. This was a fun one. Thanks Sum for hangin out.
FD

Ohhh Yeahh way to bring it soflo style, that looks like some gator perfection :D , hopefully my gator looks atleast half as good as that awesomeness :cheers:

Geeme put peppers in her buns,
and also in the bread products she used in this throwdown.
so I decided to omit peppers from the bread, and fry up some jalapenos to top off the burger. You can see them in pic 2.
Booooo you so had my vote :(

geeme posted? Where?

Damn......after seeing SL's and Paul's......then some of the other's.......mine is just cannon fodder. I don't think I could vote for mine after seeing the awesome monstrosity that is SalsaLady's creation. God himself would be hard pressed to do better. I am not worthy.......

Nope. Fasting day today - tomorrow's the serving. It's been killer, cookin' all this food and not touching it!
Dammit I ain't voting for leftovers.

Who else has chile bread?

Nope. Fasting day today - tomorrow's the serving. It's been killer, cookin' all this food and not touching it!

ALL this food? why didnt ya just do it saturday or wait till tommorow I mean c'mon already you even did a pratice run last weekend wtf you couldnt plan it better? ... jeesh its just a burger.. so if you cooked it today why didnt you take pics? are we to assume that the pics will be of reheated food? if so that = fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back