contest Where's The Beef? Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
FRYDAD4's "Gator Geeme Sucks Burger"

IMG_2471.jpg
This is, by far, the best image on this thread!!! The fresh cracked black pepper on the raw tomatoes was only a small part of it.

I'm gonna go run out in the streets with nothing but a gator-skin loincloth proclaiming "Down with Geeme!!!"

This thread has left me speechless.

Fantastic entries from everybody, gonna tax my poor blonde brain choosing who to vote for.

¥

frydad4 do you have a pic of that bread baking? I love fresh baked bread and it may help me decide.

frydad4 do you have a pic of that bread baking? I love fresh baked bread and it may help me decide.

My camera was used for the photography of FD4's entry and all the pics have been deleted. Unless FD4 can pull some magic out of his recycling bin, I think you're hard up for some bread baking pics. Those pics didn't make the cut.

If you're awesome [like Wicked... don't let us down brodel!!! You got magic in them hands.] then you're shown... if NOT awesome... you get the axe.

Turkey burgers are great, you just have to spice them more than beef thp. And tb, what do you doubt, that I can make great turkey burgers or that I can cook at all?

Joey's Skippy Burger

Did you know that Joey is also the name of a baby Kangaroo?

Ingredients for Burger

1 tbs sunflower oil
1 red onion
3 bacon rashes, finely diced
2 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
1 Jalapeno
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
2 slices wholemeal bread
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
500g kangaroo mince
2 tsp medium curry powder

Ingredients for Joey's Majestic Mango Chutney
2 small mangoes
25g ginger
2 long red chillis
1/2 cup cup cider vinegar
100g caster sugar

Ingretients for Raita
1 tbs vegetable oil
1/2 tsp black mustard seeps
20 fresh curry leaves
1 cup thick greek-style yoghurt
1 small red onion
1 ripe tomato
1 green chilli

Naga Wedges

Couple of pinches of home made naga powder *(see note below)
2 Potato's
Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

1. For mango chutney, place everything in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stir occasionally for 30-35 minutes until thick............Cool.

2. For the raita, heat oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook for 1 minute or until the seeds start to pop. Remove from the heat and cool. Then place the yoghurt in a bowl and add onion, tomato and chilli. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the mustard seeds and curry leaves........ Chill

3. Cut potatoes into wedges, coat with oil, salt, pepper and a generous pinch (or 2, 3, 4...) of home made chilli powder. Put into a pre heated oven 180c and bake for 30 minutes until gold and crispy.

4. For burgers, heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Stir onion and bacon for 2-3 minutes until onion is soft and bacon is golden. Add garlic, chilli and coriander seeds, cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate......Set aside to cool. Put ya bread and parsley in a processor and process to fine crumbs. Place in a large bowl with skippy (roo), curry powder and onion/bacon mix - mix with ya hands. Season welll form into 4 patties ( or 3 if ya a pig like me) and chill for 30 minutes.

4. Heat ya frypan to medium-high and oven to 180C. Brush ya patties with a little oil and cook for 2 minutes each side until nicely browned (not burnt). Place in oven for 8-10 mins. Serve on buns, with chutney, raita and lettuce and a side of potato wedges.

*Note: homemade naga powder was made by grinding 2 naga's, 1 trinidad scorpion and secret spices in a spice grinder.

Throwdown1003.jpg

Throwdown1004.jpg

Throwdown1002.jpg

Throwdown1006.jpg

Throwdown1008.jpg

Hey thanks I was having a Aussie Champers to celebrate some news I got.

Yes you must try Roo, it's great I have had it many times and love it but by far the best way to eat it is in a burger, I had it once when on a boat I hired in Noosa , the boat had a barbie and we made roo burgers while waiting for fish to bite and we were all converted and I am a fussy eater sometimes. Most people will baulk at it at first (I did) but you never know if ya don't give it a go.

N.B. Do not over cook it, not so good if not cooked well (thank goodness my Mrs is a good cook)

Very well done, Joey!

Sounds like 'roo is much like ostrich - either cook it shorter, or add fat of some kind (or a little of both.) I will have to see if I can't find some over here and give it a try myself!

Joey's Skippy Burger

Did you know that Joey is also the name of a baby Kangaroo?

Ingredients for Burger

1 tbs sunflower oil
1 red onion
3 bacon rashes, finely diced
2 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
1 Jalapeno
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
2 slices wholemeal bread
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
500g kangaroo mince
2 tsp medium curry powder

Ingredients for Joey's Majestic Mango Chutney
2 small mangoes
25g ginger
2 long red chillis
1/2 cup cup cider vinegar
100g caster sugar

Ingretients for Raita
1 tbs vegetable oil
1/2 tsp black mustard seeps
20 fresh curry leaves
1 cup thick greek-style yoghurt
1 small red onion
1 ripe tomato
1 green chilli

Naga Wedges

Couple of pinches of home made naga powder *(see note below)
2 Potato's
Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

1. For mango chutney, place everything in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stir occasionally for 30-35 minutes until thick............Cool.

2. For the raita, heat oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook for 1 minute or until the seeds start to pop. Remove from the heat and cool. Then place the yoghurt in a bowl and add onion, tomato and chilli. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the mustard seeds and curry leaves........ Chill

3. Cut potatoes into wedges, coat with oil, salt, pepper and a generous pinch (or 2, 3, 4...) of home made chilli powder. Put into a pre heated oven 180c and bake for 30 minutes until gold and crispy.

4. For burgers, heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Stir onion and bacon for 2-3 minutes until onion is soft and bacon is golden. Add garlic, chilli and coriander seeds, cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate......Set aside to cool. Put ya bread and parsley in a processor and process to fine crumbs. Place in a large bowl with skippy (roo), curry powder and onion/bacon mix - mix with ya hands. Season welll form into 4 patties ( or 3 if ya a pig like me) and chill for 30 minutes.

4. Heat ya frypan to medium-high and oven to 180C. Brush ya patties with a little oil and cook for 2 minutes each side until nicely browned (not burnt). Place in oven for 8-10 mins. Serve on buns, with chutney, raita and lettuce and a side of potato wedges.

*Note: homemade naga powder was made by grinding 2 naga's, 1 trinidad scorpion and secret spices in a spice grinder.

Throwdown1003.jpg

Throwdown1004.jpg

Throwdown1002.jpg

Throwdown1006.jpg

Throwdown1008.jpg

Sweeet! I had an idea for Roobaneros© :lol: , but found out that it took 24 hours notice to get ground exotics because of the holiday today...

haha. A good picture, yes. But it lacks the cryptic message in the background.

BTW, isn't that the same thing you made last time? :)

Some very VERY impressive entries. Time for me to get started.

100_7618.jpg

Stay Tuned. It's going to get interesting...

going to the grocery store in a bit to pick up ingredients

although after seeing salsalady's burger I dont even know if I want to cook anything anymore

That's some great looking grub, EVERYONE. Real nice entries all around.

It's killing me because I'm not going to be able to enter this one. I was going to make my "3rd World Riot Burger" but I had the week from hell. I had absolutely ZERO downtime this week to get to the nearest Halal market (1:20 round trip) for some ground lamb. Work and family time was kicking my ass and now it's too late because I'm supposed to go on a little fishing trip today with the kids and a buddy of mine.

****!!!! :(

Oh well. Next month I'll release the hellfire.

Here comes the shiznick! We'll call this JayT's Triple Bacon BLT

First off I made a chile oil to toast my ciabatta roll in,

100_7619.jpg

Next I cooked some bacon,

100_7620.jpg

Sliced up tome potatoes for my bacon cheese fries, made some poppers, and prepped my burger.

100_7624.jpg

100_7623.jpg

Yep that is ground whole slab bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back