• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wild, Indeed, Community Thread

Just getting this started so I can get a url.
I will post more about this in a couple of days.
duck6.jpg

Happy New Year, 2021!

Last edited:
Questo è molto comune tra italiani e brasiliani, no?

Clayton 8-10 e sei sicuramente a 3-4 conti? Non voglio fare un disservizio alla lingua italiana. So molto poco. Riporta leo-c e possiamo parlare in inglese.

Per rispondere alla tua domanda, la variante di C.geminifolium trovata in Colombia è molto diversa dalla tua. Presto verrà aggiornato nel database Pepperfriends e potrai fare le tue supposizioni. Avrà comunque l'identificazione corretta. :bugiardo È per scopi educativi e non per status.
Non solo italiani o brasiliani, anche altri usano profili fake, non credo di sbagliarmi ;) , Leo-c è un vecchio nome che usavo ma non accedo più a quell'account, non potrei usarlo, altrimenti non avrei usato leo72,

I could give you some jargon that is purely anecdotal about letting seeds dry out alittle,turning off heat at night,etc. I have had things germinate when doing these
Good to read that here! I noticed something similar a couple of times with seeds that i almost gave up on. I started bringing down temperature, removing covering lids and letting them dry out a bit and all of a sudden hooks everywhere.

Almost time for some Eshbaughii magic 😍
20230218-esh-01.jpg

20230218-esh-02.jpg

20230218-esh-03.jpg

Grabbed some phone snaps, proper kit next time.
20230219-esh-flower-04.jpg
20230219-esh-flower-02.jpg
20230219-esh-flower-03.jpg

20230219-esh-flower-01.jpg

Some perfect C eshbaughii. The trichomes don't lie. You have a pack on its way to you with wild collected berries inside. Maybe that stockier, more purple stemmed phenotype will be in there as well for you to compare. You got these from Fowler right?

Capsicum geminifolium

52728499876_9c66e5a3fa_b.jpg

52728501831_333dd142d0_b.jpg

52728916780_94e355bd30_b.jpg

52727977512_0362bea916_b.jpg

52727975472_e957fd24a5_b.jpg

52728750239_c158a74d06_b.jpg

My CAP still hasn't germinated. It's been almost 5 weeks. The suspence is killing me. ;)

I'll keep the pots in the propagator for the time being, let's see what magic might happen.

I'm not sure of this will be a successful project, so I'm sowing another wild later tonight. I hope I can stay in this thread with this specific wild, as it's a bit of an ugly duckling. It's the Peruvian wild tomato, the Solanum peruvianum. I got it as a freebie from a Dutch pepper lover that also had a nifty collection of pepper seeds.

Let me know what the hive mind decides. Is this a strict pepper only thread, or are we inclusive in the broader spectrum of wilds? 😄

20230312_181230.jpg

Tess nog nie gruun...
...tess is less... 🙄

:seeya:

Last edited:
Peeps, I'm running high on adrenaline. Guess what happened? About 40 days after sowing the seeds and following the advice of @Pr0digal_son (turning of heat for a few days, watering everyone and everything but these seedlings and then cranking up the heat again), I have two seedlings and one hook. 🙊

The rush is HUGE! Maybe even GINORMOUS if I'm honest.

Don't mind the quality of the picture, just look at those promising green specs:

20230315_065534.jpg

Last edited:
1 of 2 C. Flexuosum

20230326_185019.jpg

Spent the last two days playing catch up on this page and I'm sorry for blowing all your notices up 🫣😜. CC and Canedog and Paul, you guys have kept this page alive and going with your posts.

OWs
C. Rhomboideum
C. Eximium, Cap 500 and Cap 502
C. Baccatum, PI 260567
C. Tovarii
C. Annuum Piquin

Currently started some seeds that Paul had sent me from last years grow.

PaulGs seeds
Pequin "Uvalde"
Yellow Piquin
Pequin "Chihuahua"
Chiltepin Rojo Seguin,TX.

Chris Fowlers seeds
C. Baccatum Cap 215
C. Flexuosum

My own seed stock
C. Annuum Piquin, Cappuccino Tepin
C. Baccatum Inca Red drop from 2014

Mystery chile, coworker gave to me. Under C. Annuum section
My plants don't look the greatest but they survived the onslaught of rain we've had here in California recently.
On a side note, I'm looking for some C. Lance cuttings if any one can help out.
20230326_192052.jpg
20230326_191943.jpg
20230326_191843.jpg

Good stuff @Portuge! That branching on your rhomboideum looks awesome!

I didn't start any new lanceolatum this season, but I have a couple lanceolatum coming out of OW in a month or so. I could take a shot at cuttings from some new growth if you're still in the market when the time comes. I'm afraid it would be close to 3 months though for the plants to be released from the garage, generate enough new growth for cuttings, and then root in. Maybe someone else around here could hook you up sooner.

Good stuff @Portuge! That branching on your rhomboideum looks awesome!

I didn't start any new lanceolatum this season, but I have a couple lanceolatum coming out of OW in a month or so. I could take a shot at cuttings from some new growth if you're still in the market when the time comes. I'm afraid it would be close to 3 months though for the plants to be released from the garage, generate enough new growth for cuttings, and then root in. Maybe someone else around here could hook you up sooner.
Thank you in no rush at the moment. Can also give it a go with fresh pods or seeds in the future. As for the Rhomb, it grew like shutes all over the place.

Thank you in no rush at the moment. Can also give it a go with fresh pods or seeds in the future. As for the Rhomb, it grew like shutes all over the place.
I do have lanceolatum seeds, but I've misplaced them within the last couple weeks and and I'm not sure when they'll turn up. Either way, happy to help if I can.

My Rhomb's always want to grow straight up in a single stem and it's hard to convince them differently. It would be cool to see one all bushed-out in laterals with those yellow flowers, throughout.

Back