favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

Hey Everyone its been awhile since i did an update to how my Wilds are doing so lets get the pics rolling... Starting off i have a C. Praetermissum...

C. Praetermissum
IMAG1270_zps105c6d2b.jpg

Next inline is PI 260567
IMAG1272_zps6a6c02ce.jpg

Cap 1141
IMAG1274_zps564a80f3.jpg

Last here are my 2 C. Galapagoense
IMAG1276_zpse0e7841b.jpg

Got a surprise today after work in the germination box... Kinda gave up on the mini solo cups that i originally sown seeds in.. Popped open the box and checking for sprouts of any that i had sown... so here is one that I received from Prodigal-son, Thanks John
Sown 1-1-2014
Cumari Verdadeira C. Praetermissum
IMAG1279_zpse0fab81b.jpg

IMAG1278_zps99a3c9bf.jpg

theghostpepperstore said:

Thanks, I attempted the CGN20497 twice without any success. I have 3 seeds left if you want to give them a shot.
Did you try treating the seeds with Gibberellic acid, Brian? I have some if you want to try it. 

I'm definitely having fun with the wilds! Some are tough to grow like the lanceolatum and others are tough to germinate like the praetermissums, but I love them!

My CGN 19198 is pumping out buds like crazy. I found a node with 4 buds! Here's a few pics.

The one I just love the way it looks is cumari pollux. The leaf shape and size, fuzziness is a bonus.

CAP 501, looking sexy. I like the leaf shape of all chacoense. They look more unique than other capsicums.

Little CAP 1530.

-Walt

Another very special delivery in the mailbox today. Over 50 accessions directly from CGN. Not many "true" wilds this go around, but a ton of semi-wild, or very rare/hard to find varieties. Like C. Annuum v Longum, C. Annuum v Grossum, baccatum var pendulum, C. Annuum v Cerisforme, C. Annuum v Fasciculatum....etc etc

Reactions: SL3
Vincent, it looks like someone is clearing out the storage cabinet.    If the dates on the packets are correct, you can have some fun trying to germinate really old seeds.

Back