• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
here is where I got mine from, I rang them up and paid them by paypal and it
cost all up including postage $150/1000 42 mm jiffy pellets

Jiffy Pellets

I got about 1/2 left
maybe some of you guys can do a joint buy up to get them cheaper

Hmmm... I'm guessing the 42mm ones are the big ones that Bunnings sell, does anyone know? If so, I reckon they may be a little too big for my liking. I want my Mr Fothergill medium sized ones! :(

79.jpg

Hmmm... I'm guessing the 42mm ones are the big ones that Bunnings sell, does anyone know? If so, I reckon they may be a little too big for my liking. I want my Mr Fothergill medium sized ones! :(

79.jpg
30mm jiffies? http://stores.ebay.com.au/Grand-Pa-Rons-Shed/30mm-Jiffy-Peat-Pellets-/_i.html?_fsub=1284716013&_sid=194522013&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

edit: VV
not really following you as jiffys around the sizes I've heard of and looked at, come in 30, 36 (as above the bunnings ones) and 42mm. We're talking 6mm increments.

My ones from bunnings are 36.
Yeah, thems the small ones that Bunnings sell... then they got another size up which looks huge! The Mr Fothergill ones are like in between the two sizes.

Plus I've also noticed a texture difference between the MF ones and Jiffy brand ones. MUCH prefer the texture of the MF ones!

Well, I'll be.... I just measured the MF's and they are 42mm. And looking at bonnie_jean31's pics, her product looks a little more like MF's than Jiffy. Might grab a 50pk of the 42's and see what happens....

not really following you as jiffys around the sizes I've heard of and looked at, come in 30, 36 (as above the bunnings ones) and 42mm. We're talking 6mm increments.
Yeah, you got me thinking and you're right.... I stopped being lazy, measured mine, and they are 42's. :lol:

I swear the big size Jiffy's at Bunnings look much bigger though!

Back