• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I was gonna say that lawn looks way too good to be Nova's :D

Those choco scorps are lookin' good brah! That one in the 100L pot is gonna be a forest at the end of the season!

Loving ya hydro C.galapagoense  :party:

Been a while since I was prowling on this thread - great googeley moogeley! 

VERY nice setup with the hothouse, ND. And Nova, oh nova, let me sing your naaaaaame. Ha! Had to laugh when I saw your post about the tomatoe dying, 'cause when I first saw the pic, I thought "that chile plant sure looks like a tomatoe plant!"  :rofl:  Great job on your grow so far - the choco looks awesome!

Just sign me "troller from the other side of the dome"

Ha!

And, oh yeah, sweetie, get some hydrogen peroxide for that algae, if you haven't already! 

geeme said:

VERY nice setup with the hothouse, ND.

Cheers :cheers:

Some of my seedlings:
uRMgFE0.jpg

Some of the overwinters, damn Fatalii taking it's sweet ass time to do anything. There's a dozen or so pods on the Peach Bhut:
CNOD2Sk.jpg

I won't get banned for posting an image of just Bell peppers, will I? :shh:  There's two 3 year old Sweet Choc. capsicums that already have 24 pods on them. :dance:
I bag up the fruit so nasties can't munch on them:
kVVlTqy.jpg

Here's how the hothouse looks now. I've got beans and tomatoes trellised on the side. (Black Russians, Slovenian Delight, Tommy Toe and Apollos) and the beds have Silverbeet and more capsicums in them:
t5oXQKa.jpg

All up, I've got 24 chilli plants at home and another 30 or so growing at work, in the market garden. (might grab some happy snaps 2morrow)

Wow nD - looking great!

I always have some overwinters that seem to drag behind the others. Seems to be more individual plants than varieties with mine. However, I'm observing a "no OW" this year. A hard decision to make, but not regretted.

Hey Nuke those bags are cute :D

Geeemmeeee the algea is under control for now. Very minimal amount on the top of the perlite, i was going to get some peroxide however the hydro store only sells it in one litre bottles and i only need about 50mls :lol:

As we say here, "she will be right mate". :)

Remember by adding Hydrogen Peroxide it is non selective and will also kill the good bacteria in the system.
If things like Rhizotonic, Mycorrhizae Fungi etc are used it will upset it.

Micca

True, Micca. Some selective application is in order, for sure. Nova, nova, nova……. you don't have to get hydrogen peroxide at the hydro store! More than likely you can get it less expensively at a drug store or even grocery store. Here's the chart someone posted a while back; sorry it's not in metric: http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/gardening-with-hydrogen-peroxide.html

The point being you're going to dilute it one way or another, but you'll still want to be careful in your hydro application. But, if it's getting under control without h2o2, you might skip it unless it starts to bloom up again. 

MMMmmmm - full of spaghetti ATM, and thinking about starting some seeds real soon….

geeme said:

No pics, didn't happen! :D

Well, maybe it was a slight exaggeration about the spandex but I'm looking at a photo of me in my black suede flares from a couple of years ago and let me tell you, geeme, there is no freaking way am I putting those up on the internet, not now, not EVER! :rofl:

Garretts Bitch said:
Im with geeme on this one princess :)

Haha ... in my 48 yrs on this planet, I don't think I've ever been called princess! I'm not sure whether to take it as a compliment or should I be hunting you down to give you an uppercut! (goes off to Google 'Nova + Hunter Valley') :rofl:

Oh they called you princess alright, just behind your back as to not offend such a delicate flower :)

And shhheeiiit bro 48!? I love it when old bastards like you get off the potty and actually get shit done! :rofl:

As for the upper cuts don't worry i provide myself with one daily, sometimes two if i am feeling it.

Garretts Bitch said:
Oh they called you princess alright, just behind your back as to not offend such a delicate flower :)

And shhheeiiit bro 48!? I love it when old bastards like you get off the potty and actually get shit done! :rofl:

As for the upper cuts don't worry i provide myself with one daily, sometimes two if i am feeling it.

Mate, I'm feeling about 148 at the moment, had the work Xmas breakup today, I think I might've had a dozen or so too many frothies, wouldn't be surprised if I'm driving the 'porcelain bus' soon. :drunk:

MiLK_MaN said:
Love when it hits December in Melbourne, things just pick up dramatically.
 ​

Looking awesome there, Milk_Man, nice n lush. :party:

nuclearDays said:

Haha ... in my 48 yrs on this planet, I don't think I've ever been called princess! 

Hmm…. 53 here ATM, and I would totally put a pic of me in spandex on the interwebz, as long as it was me in a spandex racing suit getting ready to leap off of a starting block. So yeah, princess, what's your excuse?  :D

Your grow is looking amazing there, MM! 

Back