• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
:lol:

Nah, I dunno, it's like damping off or something.... look at the base of the stem. :(

I was growing it around the time of floods here and sorta forgot about it as got busy doing other things and left it in a humid bathroom with no fresh air.

That shot was taken after I took it outside to see if it would magically come back to life again.... :D (BTW, it didn't..... :rofl:)

:lol:

Nah, I dunno, it's like damping off or something.... look at the base of the stem. :(

I was growing it around the time of floods here and sorta forgot about it as got busy doing other things and left it in a humid bathroom with no fresh air.

That shot was taken after I took it outside to see if it would magically come back to life again.... :D (BTW, it didn't..... :rofl:)

Looks a lot like a cutworm or nematode attack. I have seen caterpillas do that sort of damage too.

Looks a lot like a cutworm or nematode attack. I have seen caterpillas do that sort of damage too.
Plausible.... :think:

I'm still thinking damping off though as my bathroom is very small (en-suite, baby! :D) and the exhaust fan in there isn't exactly 100% either. Plus, the only other time something similar has happened to me was once when I left some tomato babies in there a little too long also. But yeah, dunno for sure, I guess.... probably would've helped if I checked the roots to rule out other causes! :lol:

One month later and almost half way there

First 400 seedlings;

Large Propagation Box

P7050133.jpg

Small Propagation Box

P7050132.jpg

HPS Grow Lights

P7050128.jpg

P7050131.jpg

P7050130.jpg

Wow ... just wow that is a lot of plants to take care of ... unbelievable and so envious of your set up JR ..I hope the good luck continues :cheers:

Wow ... just wow that is a lot of plants to take care of ... unbelievable and so envious of your set up JR ..I hope the good luck continues :cheers:

Thanks Trippa, did your seeds arrive yet?

Seasons looking good for you Grant. nice setup

Thanks Marc, fingers crossed every thing grows smoothly...so far I've only had a bit of an issue with the ph being a bit high

Someones going to run out of room by the look of it!

Nah...I'l just move the family to the parents house down the road :)

Maaadnessss, Grant! :cool:

yeh I have a problem with that sometimes....

No not yet JR. . Mail is fickle though. . I have had some things sent within the gold coast to me take 3 days to get to me and a set of golf clubs sent from Sydney earlier this year take 6 weeks . . I will start to worry if they aren't here by friday

Between the downpour of rain here I noticed the 14th Rocoto seedling sprouted today. There's a total of 13 seedlings within a small patch in the garden.

OK. . Its that time of night again .. question time with Trippa :D
because this is my first time using jiffy pellets and a heated propagator I am finding the jiffy pellets are drying out quite quickly .. now how do
people re-wet / water their jiffy pellets?
With a mister simply rewetting The top or try to water from the bottom up and really moisten the entire pellet?

OK. . Its that time of night again .. question time with Trippa :D
because this is my first time using jiffy pellets and a heated propagator I am finding the jiffy pellets are drying out quite quickly .. now how do
people re-wet / water their jiffy pellets?
With a mister simply rewetting The top or try to water from the bottom up and really moisten the entire pellet?
What type of propagator did you buy?
I bought the electric one on this page http://greenharvest.com.au/tools/propagation_supplies_prod.html#TP172
On that one you can add just water to the bottom. And there's an absorbing mat at the bottom which holds the moisture to stop the seedlings drying out.

Yeah, the bug has truly bitten, I'm buying more gear. :crazy:
Bug has bit literally by the way, spent last afternoon freezing with shivers after I just had to go to bed at 3pm, woke up at 8pm, went back to bed at 11 and woke up dripping in sweat at 5am. I'm stuffed with a bad cough that makes my head ache.

Guess all I need now is LIGHT! All my seedlings pretty pathetic even though they propagate fine in the peltier fridge (best way to do it as moisture is locked in and you can even put seeds in there during hot weather). And I use that small heated propagator to keep them above freezing temp and let some light in only after they have sprouted. But I don't even have a window that faces north and only have a little single fluoro tube. :(

Yeah I have one like that but I have them in trays without any holes in the bottom of them. May be a little stupid on my behalf but I figured it would be easier to control moisture on an individual level rather then overall. . Dunno if that is the smartest move or not. . I know that the humidity is not running. Back down into my trays. . Would be keen to hear what others do with a propagator like mine. .maybe I should put the trays back in that it came with with the holes in the bottom but they seemed more suitable for soil I thought. . Maybe next round i'lll use them. . Thoughts. . I hope nova is OK after seeing NSW get hammered in the first half :D

Back