• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Finally re-potted my plant this morning. Must say I'm very dissapointed with flower power (our local nursery). For a store as big as that, it has stuff all in the way of ferts, and they seem to only supply certain brands (Yates, Amgrow, Debro, etc). Not a since fert with worm castings. Stores wonder why everyone is now buying online, when you can't can't buy what you want from them in the first place.

28012012407.jpg

Very beautiful pod. Such a beautiful colour.

It is a nice colour. They seem to get orangey patches which I think ruins it a bit though.

I am very pleased with the shape though considering they turned out rather rounded last season:

IMG_4557.jpg

Plant was under attack by mites at the time, so that might have had something to do with the shape:

IMG_5834.jpg

Finally re-potted my plant this morning. Must say I'm very dissapointed with flower power (our local nursery). For a store as big as that, it has stuff all in the way of ferts, and they seem to only supply certain brands (Yates, Amgrow, Debro, etc). Not a since fert with worm castings. Stores wonder why everyone is now buying online, when you can't can't buy what you want from them in the first place.

Are you able to get your hands on some Triple Boost? Your local Bunnings should stock it. I do wonder though how much worm juice is even in the stuff considering the 1:100 (10ml to 1L water) ratio of TP compared to the recommended 1:10 (10ml to 100ml water) ratio of worm juice.

Google a bit and see if you can't find somewhere local that sells pure worm juice and where you can pick it up (stuff paying postage!). Don't stop at garden stores either if you're having no luck. The place I get mine from is actually a "Eco-friendly-living" type store that doesn't really have much to do with gardening at all! (They just resell Worms DownUnder products.)

Bugger. WTH is this?

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

At first I thought BLS again but it looks more like burns or something. Or maybe rot even? Wouldn't surprise me with all this rain we've had here.

Also have plants dropping leaves like crazy:

IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

(Is that the same thing that was happening to you, Trips?)

I have my plants three rows under the roof ledge. Row closest to the wall--and most protected from the elements--seem to be fine. It's just the other two rows. :think:

Guess who...

IMG_7024.jpg

Changes shape and decides it wants to be yellow again.

And now the "orange" plant is all inspired or something and wants to be yellow too...

IMG_7013.jpg

IMG_6990.jpg

:crazy:

Hey, harry, I'll race ya! :P

IMG_6939.jpg

First Choc Bhutty for the season.

Dude that "woman" plant as it shall be hereforth known is spectacular! It's not it's fault it cannot make up it's mind!

Just a few:
  1. Brazilian Starfish NOT (probably a hybrid)
  2. Habanero Red NOT (was meant to be Choc. Brown)
  3. Habanero Yellow NOT (pointy Orange Hab)
  4. Jalapeño NOT Mild
  5. Jamaican Yellow Mushroom NOT Scotch Bonnet
  6. Limo Blanco NOT (dominant Annuum features)
  7. Rainbow Thai NOT (likely NuMex cultivar)
  8. Scarlet Lantern NOT (dominant Annuum features)
  9. Seven Pod Red NOT
  10. Trinidad Scorpion NOT (at least 1 of 3)
I also purchased a Pequin that turned out to be a Tepin and a Tepin that turned out to be an unstable hybrid that was nothing like a Tepin.

The young Beni Highlands pods on one plant are ribbed. I expected before seeing the pods that both are Beni Highlands hybrids due to the long time to maturity and the leave structure.

I have a sense of déjà vu today after identifying another Brazilian Starfish as redux of first Brazilian Starfish NOT.
  1. Brazilian Starfish NOT 2010-2011 (probably a hybrid)
  2. Brazilian Starfish NOT 2011-2012 (probably a hybrid)
  3. Fatalii NOT (Orange Hab)
  4. Fluorescent Purple NOT
  5. Habanero Red NOT (was meant to be Choc. Brown)
  6. Habanero Yellow NOT (pointy Orange Hab)
  7. Jalapeño NOT Mild
  8. Limo Blanco NOT (dominant Annuum features)
  9. Pequin NOT (mislabelled Tepin)
  10. Rainbow Thai NOT (likely NuMex cultivar)
  11. Scarlet Lantern NOT (dominant Annuum features)
  12. Scotch Bonnet NOT (Jamaican Yellow Mushroom)
  13. Seven Pod Red NOT
  14. Tepin NOT (mongrel hybrid)
  15. Trinidad Scorpion NOT (at least 1 of 3)
I updated the list to include a couple of plants in italics that I had a hand in purchasing that ended up being NOTs. One NOT cancelled out the other NOT by being what the other NOT should have been.

The first Beni Highlands plant has the right shaped pods. The Limón performance here though runs rings around them.

WOW Harry that's alot of "NOTS" so far I have found only 4 "NOTS" in my plants
you sure your not growing near some nuclear waste dump???

Whats "NOT" stand for??

Take a closer look at the list. Nova has it in one. It's me shouting not.

We should make it a recursive acronym of NOT Ostensibly True.

WOW Harry that's alot of "NOTS" so far I have found only 4 "NOTS" in my plants
you sure your not growing near some nuclear waste dump???

If you could call poor quality control a nuclear waste dump then yes.

Six of them came from one supplier (counting the Brazilian Starfish twice as it the second Not was produced by replacement seed).

There's a combination of causes from people selling mislabelled seed somewhere up the chain to inadequate screening of varieties from one another.

Back