• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Guntur guts...

IMG_7154.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

They look nice and fleshy. What the flava be like?
Ya know where this is headin' right? I wanna grow that sumbitch! :lol:

Howz ya galapogenese goin?

They are actually not as fleshy as they look. They have a very thick skin.

Very nice flavour. Typical Annuum sort of taste. Awesome in curry.

Will chuck some in when I send off the Wasp seeds if ya want. ;) (They are still coming... I've just been slack as hell lately)

Galapagapago had a little bit of a growth spurt a few weeks back but then stopped again. Bugger of a thing doesn't want to do anything! It's not that hairy either but does have a bit of a unique, albeit subtle, scent to it. You're growing one too, yeah?

I just found my seeds for it yesterday. The lady hid them on me. Biatch!

Thanks for offering guntur seeds! :D

My first White Bhut pod is ripening:
SomI3.jpg

First White Bhut pod ripening from light green to yellow

It started as a hint of colour in the morning and is currently yellow. I'll see what colour the pod is tomorrow.

I'd describe having another Not pending to be put on my list of Nots as bitter not sweet. The first pod is now orange and the second pod has turned yellow today.

I had hoped to have some white pods to make a white sauce. My Limo Blanco Not pods have ripened to red and the White Bhut pods are on their way to red without going through a white stage.

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND for DAMAGING WIND and FLASH FLOODING For people in parts of the SOUTHERN DOWNS and TOOWOOMBA Council Areas. Issued at 2:05 pm Tuesday, 7 February 2012. The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:05 pm, severe thunders...torms were detected on weather radar near the area south of Warwick. These thunderstorms are moving towards the north. They are forecast to affect Warwick or the area west of Warwick by 2:35 pm and possibly the area northwest of Warwick and Allora by 3:05 pm. Damaging winds, very heavy rainfall and flash flooding are likely. Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should: * Move your car under cover or away from trees. * Secure loose outdoor items. * Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters. * Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees. * Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm. * Beware of fallen trees and powerlines. * For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500. The next warning is due to be issued by 3:05 pm. A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for the Darling Downs and Granite Belt and parts of the Peninsula, Northern Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett, Maranoa and Warrego and Southeast Coast districts.

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND for DAMAGING WIND and FLASH FLOODING For people in parts of the SOUTHERN DOWNS and TOOWOOMBA Council Areas. Issued at 2:05 pm Tuesday, 7 February 2012. The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:05 pm, severe thunders...torms were detected on weather radar near the area south of Warwick. These thunderstorms are moving towards the north. They are forecast to affect Warwick or the area west of Warwick by 2:35 pm and possibly the area northwest of Warwick and Allora by 3:05 pm. Damaging winds, very heavy rainfall and flash flooding are likely. Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should: * Move your car under cover or away from trees. * Secure loose outdoor items. * Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters. * Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees. * Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm. * Beware of fallen trees and powerlines. * For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500. The next warning is due to be issued by 3:05 pm. A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for the Darling Downs and Granite Belt and parts of the Peninsula, Northern Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett, Maranoa and Warrego and Southeast Coast districts.

Maybe I should put my worst affected plants outside to knock those friggin little mother flippin two spotted/spider mites off my plants :hell:

Will upload a picture later to demonstrate what I mean but I thought I would ask the question now anyway. I finally have 2 trinidad scorpion butch t's pods however the one which is big enough to be taking shape looks very much like an immature yellow 7pot/pod, no hint of a tail just the brain like exterior (ie wrinkled skin) and a semi blocky appearance .... is this typical for a butch t in some instances?? The other pod is very small but seems very spherical and I doubt very much it will have anything at all even close to a tail ... or even a slightly elongated shape. They are from a very reputable source.... hmmmm

Hey Trippa I have had the same thing. Did you get them from me at all? Last year I grew some scorps that were from different isolated red pods than this year and out of say 100 plants 3 were yellow. this year I have had 3 customers get plants off me with them turning yellow also. I then picked up fruiting plants from the nursery and 4 out of 50 were yellow. Some look similar to a y7p and others are scorpion shape. The nursery said there wasn't anyway they could mix up the tags. I spoke to Jim Duffy in USA and in his field of scorpions (grew thousands!) he had a bunch come out yellow also.
So this must be a yellow strain occuring (bit like the Red savina being found in a field of yellows). Jim also said that yellow is the most recessive colour to come through.
So I would say that you have a new tyoe of yellow scorpion.
Yellows of course aren't as hot as reds though.

Well i just had part of that storm come past, the wind was getting right up there (tree`s howling) i was just checking the rader when it hit me, been running around making things safe (soaked) i was in to minds whether to grab the Bhut`s & pull them inside (didnt want the flowers knocked off) now its all over & back to a calm, mild muggy night??

Mezo.

No not from you Candice. I am hoping they are red in the end and not yellow as I only have a few hot red variaties. But either way as long as they are scorpions I will be. Happy

I bought a new toy from fleabay. 225 led BLUE 15 watt. This thing blinds ya when ya look directly at it, also when you shine it on you arm then take it away you see little blue dots everywhere! :D

2012-02-06114405.jpg

Holy "Shit" ...I panned to this photo and my living room lit up...my wife told me to turn the lights off....

Greg

I have great looking plants, but hardly any pods on the Chinense at all :(

IMG_20120208_074129.jpg

IMG_20120208_074217.jpg

I'm really struggling to understand why I get heaps of flowers on the Chinense but they nearly all seem to drop. A couple of plants in the second row in the black pots are starting to load up with pods, but nothing else really.

Lookin great Milkman, you've still got time for a good harvest, those plants look very lush and green
they have come back better than before after the hail storm...

Thanks Grant.

I'm just trying to work out if I have a nutrient based issue, a humidity based issue (obviously drier 25kms north than the alongside the coast where you are), or something else. I have heaps of bees around, because they absolutely go nuts on the Asian Birdseye which I've picked a couple of kgs of already, but since the flowers are accessible above the foliage compared to below on the Chinense, I just wonder if the bees are lazy and not bothering to venture away from the Birdseyes. I've resorted to shaking the stakes a few times a day to see if I can release some pollen, but still don't really seem to see any pods sticking.

Your plants are just as close as mine, and you don't seem to have any issue with pollination do you?

I have great looking plants, but hardly any pods on the Chinense at all :(

IMG_20120208_074129.jpg

IMG_20120208_074217.jpg

I'm really struggling to understand why I get heaps of flowers on the Chinense but they nearly all seem to drop. A couple of plants in the second row in the black pots are starting to load up with pods, but nothing else really.

Could you post a close up photo of the plants that are producing pods and a photo of some that are not producing pods for comparison?

Asian Birdseye - flowering profusely and lots of pods
IMG_20120208_100127.jpg

Douglah - this is the one Chinense that seems to be going ok at the moment
IMG_20120208_100152.jpg

TS Butch T in the garden beds - flowers keep dropping off
IMG_20120208_100208.jpg

Assam Bhut in a black pot - 2nd year plant - no pods
IMG_20120208_100321.jpg

I'd guess you have a nutrient out of balance seeing as though there is the odd one doing well in the same conditions. Either too much or not enough of something. I had a Red Habanero plant that grew awesome but dropped all its flowers. It finally put out two growth-stunted pods after it got the dreaded fungus / mite / ??? disease and I let it die. Maybe try giving them some bloom hydro type nutes to see if you can kick it off.

Don't take my word for it cos all mine are dead! <I have to put this at the end of every message now> :P

Back