• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow 7 pot/pod, is yours pimply or smooth

The yellow 7 pot/pod that I've been growing once again is smooth with no pimples unlike the pic from my seed source Sara. Other than her pics, I've never seen a real good example of the yellow 7. Here's one of Sara's pics again. Anyone have pods like that
010.jpg

Around here its been the coldest summer since the 1930's, that might explain it. Pods are also quite small but plentiful.
It sounds warm in Catania - Sicily -

Very impressive Yellow 7-Pots! Havn't seen any pictures before of the pimply version. I'm sure they are HOT HOT HOT.

Come on Pepperheads show us your pimples!

Micca

Oddly, mine came last season from Sara as Trinidad Scorpion Yellow, though they look more like 7 Pods, but they have almost no pimples :(

3504585807_b7db5f8693_o.jpg

3504585999_ae5aca2bf9_o.jpg

Look....Just fantastic pictures guys...i cant wait for mine to get cranking. Some flowered over the last few days but it being winter it will be a tiny little we 7!

You were apparently right Mega, my pods are starting to get pimply now that the plants are back in the hot greenhouse

Some pimply pods
3793154328_24879ab4fa.jpg

Big bushy plant
3792318897_72ef795c66.jpg

Like Who Cares, I got my seeds from Sara for the 2008 season and kept the seed last year...they came out of a pack labelled T. Scorpion...these pods are rather large...golf ball size...they have a texture but not pimply...almost forgot to say that is a midget scorpion used to hold the golf ball in place...

080509b003-1.jpg

I don't care whether they are 7 Pot or Scorpion...all I know is that they are extreme...one of the hottest I have ever grown...

Here is a shot of my 5 plants...the tallest is about 42 inches tall and still have two months to grow and another two months to produce....last year, all my "Trini" plants produced like mad in October and November...

080509a001.jpg

I just hope they stay healthy...they have a few blooms on them but nothing like my nagas or jolokias....

There's so many 7 pot threads now that I don't know where to post pics:( I'll just post this cool pic again here

Pimply and contorted pod
3813238840_9280e36eec.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
Like Who Cares, I got my seeds from Sara for the 2008 season and kept the seed last year...they came out of a pack labelled T. Scorpion...these pods are rather large...golf ball size...they have a texture but not pimply...almost forgot to say that is a midget scorpion used to hold the golf ball in place...

I don't care whether they are 7 Pot or Scorpion...all I know is that they are extreme...one of the hottest I have ever grown...

Here is a shot of my 5 plants...the tallest is about 42 inches tall and still have two months to grow and another two months to produce....last year, all my "Trini" plants produced like mad in October and November...

I just hope they stay healthy...they have a few blooms on them but nothing like my nagas or jolokias....
Even my few plants have flowers
maybe too hot?

You gotta love when you go to your front porch and see these pods sent from a friend!! Yeah, I'd say the yellow 7 is kind of pebbled. Sara really found a thing of beauty with this one and the Douglah. The pepper world would've been missing one great treasure without her kindness and generosity to all of us. Thanks Sara.

Chris

P1080224.jpg

Chocolate Bhut

P1080225.jpg

Douglah

P1080227.jpg

Yellow 7 Pot

P1080228.jpg

7 Pot Jonah - New '09 Strain

Back