• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking 5.0's Sous Vide sucks and you should feel bad BGE Smoked Brisket

All kidding aside, power-outage season is upon us here too ...

It's the worst.

Did you troubleshoot it? Make sure the scum outside isn't backing up the drain and causing it to flood the pan and shut itself down to avoid flooding inside ...

grantmichaels said:
All kidding aside, power-outage season is upon us here too ...

It's the worst.

Did you troubleshoot it? Make sure the scum outside isn't backing up the drain and causing it to flood the pan and shut itself down to avoid flooding inside ...

Yep I checked the breakers, reset them, pulled the cover off.  Checked voltages and what not.  The compressor is not coming on so its either the CAP or the compressor.  Hoping its just a Cap replacement.

calchilihead said:

Yep I checked the breakers, reset them, pulled the cover off.  Checked voltages and what not.  The compressor is not coming on so its either the CAP or the compressor.  Hoping its just a Cap replacement.

I'm not very handy ... right up until I lose A/C - then it's on the donkey kong.

Well here we are at 15 hours in, in the mid 170's temp wise.  Probably another 3-5 hours to go.

19105550_10213189749723530_7267127578711355357_n.jpg

Excellent to hear that. That thing will be a quivering pile of magnificence when everything is said and done.

Burnt ends?

Back