• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking A Blizzard Can't Stop Me

Way to go Buddy, looking damn good on a snowy day. Dig that little dogger, reminds me of our Rat Terrier. Is that a Jack Russell??

lc: good eye. she's a 9 month old jack russell. i also have a rat/fox terrier mix. love a terrier!

wow that's insane I'm getting cold just looking at all that snow.

I went out surfing on wed and free diving shortly after dark and caught 2 nice size lobsters. I put them on the grill about 30 minutes later and sat out outside and enjoyed them over a brew and a stoggie. Can you believe the old lady was complaining how cold it was!!

love a terrier!

do ya love this terrier ?

pitbull.jpg

lambs going on the grill tonight - too lazy last night and too cold the night before.

3 chops marinating in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper

3 chops marinating in olive oil, apple cider vinegar, tandoori seasoning, and trinidad volcano powder (Trinidad Scorpion red, Trinidad 7pod red and 7pod barrack pore) from Judy at PepperLover.com

Finally getting around to grilling the lamb chops.

Going to San Diego on Monday for a week so will be out of the brutal Midwestern winter for a while :cool:

Here they are after marinade and prior to grill:

P1020417.jpg

steak and baked potato tonight. marinade the steaks in cayenne, olive oil, garlic, shallots, a little bit of red wine. have a 1.5 inch thick rib steak. will sprinkle some of judy's dragon breath powder before grilling and finish with some of my cherry/mesquite smoked red bhut bbq sauce. will post some pictures later.

here are the pictures:

before the grill:
P1020467.jpg

on the grill:
P1020470.jpg

add the bhut bbq sauce:
P1020475.jpg

rib steak with garlic baked potato:
P1020478.jpg

no blizzard tonight so the grilling was pretty tame. mesquite grilled steaks and garlic baked potatoes. used Heartbreaking Dawns North Star (Honey Datil Grilling Sauce) to complement the steaks. 1st time that i've ever tried it - it is a wonderful sauce - gives a nice mixture of sweet with the kick from the datils. i would recommend this one to everyone that likes to grill - plus it's not to extreme that the whole family can't enjoy. (only used it on my steak this time - the rest of the crew wanted it on the side)

P1020608.jpg

Back