• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking A Blizzard Can't Stop Me

smoking some ribs today. started with dry rub of sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, adobo seasoning, paprika, mustard powder, a little sugar, and PepperLover's trinidad volcano powder.

just starting the smoke (hickory):
P1020693-1.jpg

about 4 hours in:
P1020697.jpg

ready simmer after saucing:

2 pieces with Heartbreaking Dawns North Start Honey Datil and 1 piece with home made smoked habanero bbq sauce (very spicy)

P1020699.jpg

grilled flat bread pizza tonight - no blizzard, but it was raining. Ingredients: flat bread, mozzarella, romano, parmesian, fresh basil, pancetta, serranos, fresh garlic, cubanelles, black olives, mushrooms, evoo, tomatoes, oregeno, smoked habanero chile flakes.

P1020774-1.jpg

grilled the flat bread and then added the ingredients:

P1020782.jpg

the trifecta:

P1020780.jpg

ready to go:

P1020786.jpg

this was really good!

OK so I keep drooling on my keyboard. I need to avoid this thread. :rofl:

Great food. Thank the lord this isn't pay per view.

okay - so tonight we grilled during a tornado warning. had a bunch of hail (which shredded the chiles that i planted on thursday and friday - i'll post pictures of them tomorrow on the grow log) and damaging winds. made jalapeno poppers and fish tacos.

here's a handful of the hail:
P1020984.jpg

the jalapeno poppers:
P1020978.jpg

round 1 - corn tortilla, grilled fish with my own mesquite smoked chile powder, red cabbage slaw, and chipolte mayo:
P1020989.jpg

round 2 - flour tortilla, grilled fish with my own mesquite smoke chile powder, red cabbage slaw, and HBD Fiery Trail Preserves:
P1020992.jpg

WOW...Blizzards, tornado warnings,..., nothing stops you, buddy! This thread is like a pictorial gourmet cook book - keep it up!

okay so here's last night. 80 and sunny - sorry not inclement weather. grilled some wings. finished off with Duvall Dave's Sweet Spicy Girl - love that sauce. Sorry no pictures after saucing.

P1030009-1.jpg

now here's tonight. still no inclement weather. grilled some sockeye salmon - salt, pepper, evoo, curry powder. put some alder wood chips in a pouch to give it some smoke. served with soutwestern cream corn with Salsa Lady's Chipolte Hot Sauce. Finished off with grilled blackberries and plumbs served over vanilla ice cream. it was really good.

salmon on the grill:
P1030014.jpg

on the plate with the creamed corn:
P1030015.jpg

the dessert:
P1030024.jpg

wish i could participate in the throwdown but just have too much going on the next couple weeks.

made some fajitas on the grill last night. no rain, snow, hail, or tornado - kind of boring.

mushroom, green onions, red bell, green bell, serrano, avacado, tomatoes:
P1030231.jpg

steak (marinated in lime juice, tequila, and smoked red bhut chile powder, garlic powder, cumin, corriander, salt, pepper, etc.) on the grill with veggies:
P1030239.jpg

3 condiments - pico de gallo, sour cream, green hot sauce from Salsa Lady:
P1030237.jpg

ready to go:
P1030245.jpg

no blizzard today - just blazing heat. tonight's menu was skewered chicken. started by marinating chicken in evoo, red wine vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and PepperLover's (Judy) Trinidad Volcano chile powder. Let it marinade for about 4 hours. Then to the grill - great flavor.

The ingredients: marinated chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow bells, green bells, sweet onions
P1030472.jpg

Skewered and ready to grill:
P1030474.jpg

Almost done:
P1030478.jpg

Ready to go - great combo of sweet, hot, and citrus.
P1030481.jpg

Back