• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking A Blizzard Can't Stop Me

beer can chicken last night. rub made of smoked paprika, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, celery salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked red bhut jolokia powder. put rub between skin and chicken then rub rest of bird. remaining rub into beer. grill over indirect heat.

P1030710.jpg

it's going to be tandoori chicken tonight. marinated in lemon juice, salt, yogurt, black naga powder, garam masala, cumin, coriander, garlic, ginger, serranos. firing up the grill now. will post pictures later.

About 1/2 way through. Cooked on indirect for a while then moved to direct:
P1030712.jpg

Tandoori chicken:
P1030713.jpg

Served with cucumber raita. Was going to grill some naan but forgot to get the dough going in time.

heat was middle of the road. used 2 tsp of some black naga powder that i made from chiles i grew this summer. (the black nagas from judy at pepperlover.com). they were quite tasty - marinated them for about 10 hours.

Cool. Off topic. I ate some of your peach sauce on ham last night and DAMN was it good. Hotter than I expected, but very tasty.

Back