• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest August Throwdown

Cool. Ive got some wheels turning on this one. Is it like a competition, or just a thing we all do? Im sure everybody get critiqued a bit, but whats the details of how this works?

plain ol' cajun' spiced fried mullet for me please...

too bad I won't be in this one...

JS, you have to take a teaser pic with your ingredients and the "proof of life" money amount somewhere in it.

Then, later, post 4 pics with your process and plating. Make it look good. If you don't know how to post pics, look into it. It's mentioned on this thread somewhere. I use photobucket. It seems to be the easiest way. Upload to that and copy and paste the .img code.

I sure would like to catch whatever I enter into this one. The fishies haven't been biting to well lately. Hopefully a nice mangrove snapper will step up to the plate and allow me to enter it by aug. 7th.

Either that or Gorton's Fish Sticks smothered in bacon-cheese-whiz with a couple of tartar sauce packets.

...fish/seafood is perfect and the timing is good too!

One of the Grandaughters has spent the summer with us, and I had been planning a "Cajun-style" shindig for her going home party.
...out of all 9 grandkids, she's the one that has taken the biggest interest in learning the old family recipies.
I'll let her choose which ones, but will not include crawfish, as they don't have 'em live in the stores this far north (currently in NE Iowa).

Anyone down for regional dishes? You can do curry, Veracruz, Southern catfish, Cajun, fish tacos, etc... rules would be must state the region that inspired your recipe.

oh, seafood! Would be really nice to be able to enter this time around. So it's Friday right? When does the throwdown close? =)

not this friday, EZ. The first friday of August. A the weekend AFTER the upcoming one.

Can't wait to see your entry! We might have a bunch of people entering their first throwdown in August! Gotta keep it alive!

THP break out the crowns!

Man, I hope I get out fishin' right before this goes down. Unless it is at a restaurant or canned tuna, I don't buy my fish.

Fish cooked must be caught by tha cooker? That'd be a fun rule...

Man, I hope I get out fishin' right before this goes down. Unless it is at a restaurant or canned tuna, I don't buy my fish.

Fish cooked must be caught by tha cooker? That'd be a fun rule...

Booooooo! I live in a dadgum desert!! Ain't no fish catchin' here!! I boo you a second time!!

THP break out the crowns!
Okay fine! Making me work on a Sunday. I have them up in profiles in the Food Stuff area, and in topics. Will fine tune later.

Back