• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! The "Meltdown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB's Czech Style Fried Cheese Sammich.

A little background...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smažený_sýr

Here's some basic's.

Stupidly I failed to include the cheese in the pic. 

I toasted some 100% whole wheat squishy buns on the comal.

Then I tho'd down some chiltepin/dill/caper tartar along with some tomato and pickled xalapa.

Black Betty'd the fried scheeze.

Look at that goodness.

I took two bottom buns and a top bun to make a 3 way.

Scheeze and splooge was ever 'whare!

Final pics to come later.

Well...after popping back in...talking shit...and getting ready...

*I'm Probably out.  My 2 year old boy had tonsils out on Monday, and started bleeding profusely in the wee hours this morning.  Looked like a murder scene in the house.  EMS rushed to the ER, emergency surgery...and we are home.   I was gonna work it up today...but that little guy...

I maaaaaaaay try to eek out what I wanted tomorrow at some point...but a 2yo < 24h out of the hospital...I dunno...but my idea is so damn good...and I have fresh nagas too...argh.

Don't sweat it man, that's more important, maybe he wants a grilled cheese and you can make him a fancy one and enter too (though he's probably doing soup, right?). Hope he feels better. :)

I'm glad he is ok. There is a young girl who is brain dead from hemorrhaging during her tonsillectomy. Seen it all over the news. Not something to be taken lightly!

ladies and gentlemen.... i present to you....

MeltallicA  :shocked:

Ingredients:

Marinade (1roasted pepper, 4 birds eye chillies, 1 clove garlic, corriander, 1/2t cumin seeds, 1/2t fennel seeds, 1T apple cider vinegar, salt, evo ----- blended)
2 chicken breasts
Ciabatta
Roasted eggplant
Kalamata olives
Champingnions (sp???)
Ajvar
Gouda cheese
Boccocini cheese

Method:

- Thrash the chicken breasts with a rolling pin until equal thickness (roughly 1 inch)
- Add chicken and marinade to ziplock bag, mama said refridgerate for enough time for them to get their grooooove on....
- Pan fry chicken to perfection, not Blackened!!
- As a Breadfan i went with ciabatta
- With No Remorse add ajvar to the top half of the ciabatta and gouda to the bottom half
- Add One chicken breast sliced to the bottom half ....Poor Twisted Me liberally added another layer of gouda and boccocini
- Call me Stone Cold Crazy but i then added some roasted eggplant, champignions and olives... So What!?!
- and with one Last Caress, Sad But True, another layer of gouda
- into the sandwich press, and now..... The Wait

gv1k.jpg

c6xs.jpg

This was my Hero Of The Day and Nothing Else Matters :cheers:

Daaaaaamn LunchBox hope your little fella's feeling a bit better.... im sure he'll be tearing about (and you'll be tearing your hair out) in no time

So many good entries! Damn, i'd eat all! Since i entered THP i've grown 4kg... After losing 15... From today i keep the diet again...

Tinnie said:
Blackened!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo
Fav Metallica song for me! And that full ciabatta sandwich rocks! 
buttrock.gif

LunchBox said:
Well...after popping back in...talking shit...and getting ready...

*I'm Probably out.  My 2 year old boy had tonsils out on Monday, and started bleeding profusely in the wee hours this morning.  Looked like a murder scene in the house.  EMS rushed to the ER, emergency surgery...and we are home.   I was gonna work it up today...but that little guy...

I maaaaaaaay try to eek out what I wanted tomorrow at some point...but a 2yo < 24h out of the hospital...I dunno...but my idea is so damn good...and I have fresh nagas too...argh.
Hope all is going well!

texas blues said:
TB's Czech Style Fried Cheese Sammich.
You liar. That thing could be the best here for the melt factor!

Btw, it will be hard to choose also this time...

All I can say so far is WOW!

Biz still needs to fix his entry so the ingredients and cooking method are listed with his final 2-pic post.

TB's Czech Style Fried Cheese Sammich

A little background...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smažený_sýr

Ingredients & Methods:

100% whole wheat squishy burger buns buttered and toasted on a cast iron comal.

Thick sliced mozzarella dredged in flour, heavy cream and egg wash, then plain bread crumbs. Fried in cast iron and canola oil.

Tartar sauce is homemade, chiltepin/caper/dill liberally splooged on each layer of the sammich.

Other toppings included fresh sliced tomato and pickled jalapeno.

Assembly:

Bottom bun with tartar, tomato, jalapeno, and fried cheese followed by another bottom bun and same ingredients ala Big Mac style. Tartar sauce liberally applied throughout.

Behold y'all.

Oozy goozy cheezy chingaliciousnessess!

texas blues said:
And Rawk and the Chicago connection?
TDs have guidelines and rules… y'all know I'm too hipster to follow guidelines and rules, especially if there is a a set time and date it needs to be done by. 

Awesome! Can't wait to see your Tuesday entry! :lol:

Ingreds and PoL

Ciabatta, swiss cheese, mushrooms, triple smoked leg ham, 400g Scotch Fillet, cream, mild English mustard, and not pictured is the red Hab on the grill doh!  Didn't use the gravy in the end.
P1061778_zps6cef7ad3.jpg

Fried the mushrooms in butter until golden then the onion, ham and finally the beef.

P1061788_zps6ee53176.jpg

Cream, mustard and char grilled Habanero reduction.

P1061792_zps237ee662.jpg

When it had cooled I added fresh grated parmesan and the now rested and thin sliced Scotch Fillet

P1061795_zpsd4d1b3f5.jpg

Then the build started.  Toasted ciabatta, melted swiss cheese, meat on top of that

P1061798_zps40427884.jpg

Topped with another slice of swiss then back under the grill.  Topped that with mushroom, onion and the smoked ham and another slice of swiss then back under the grill

P1061805_zps508d9dfd.jpg

Then finally, topped with its lid, another slice of swiss and into a hot oven until it all starts to bubble

P1061808_zps37068a8c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back