• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

texas blues said:
I dig that you used the meat press but I myself am not a fan of them.

While they make the meat uniform and all pretty, the meat gets too compacted like a dense sausage and not my thang when it comes to burgers. I like the meat loose with minimal handling.

I use an ice cream scoop to either dig it out of the package if store bought or if I'm grinding my own chuck.

You should watch Heston Blumenthal's scientific cooking programs! (some are available on Youtube!)
If you grind your own chuck, lay it in a "one way direction", exactly the way it exits the grinder. Then make a "sausage" of it by rolling it in cling-film (is that it's name in the US?) to a uniformly sized roll.
Then cut it, spice it, grill it, and you will end up with an extremely tender burger patty!
(because the grind is "standing up" when you have cut it from the roll and made it to a patty, and therefore it will fall apart in your mouth when eating it)
Don't believe me......try it anyway ;)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
BOM = Burger of Month

Bacon, Fries, Chili and cheese

I was curious as the current BOM on their website has it listed as the chorizo/chipotle mayo.

I can see the chili but thought it might be a loose chorizo.

I'm not a fan of fries on the burger but that one fo' sho' looks damn guud!

Jake's WB is no doubt on my list of joints to hit.

burger looks great.

side note:  this whole grass feed trips me out. us poor people have been eating grass fed beef my whole life. when i was young 4 or 5 familys would split a cow from the neighbours or a church member. we seldom buy beef now from the store. we split cows with neighbours and friends.  i guess being poor and "trashy" as so many would call me. has its perks.   ;)

sicman said:
burger looks great.

side note:  this whole grass feed trips me out. us poor people have been eating grass fed beef my whole life. when i was young 4 or 5 familys would split a cow from the neighbours or a church member. we seldom buy beef now from the store. we split cows with neighbours and friends.  i guess being poor and "trashy" as so many would call me. has its perks.   ;)
Same here, in fact I might go in on a cow and pig this year with a friend. All cows on and around our farms grazed fields, oh the tipping days!

Back