• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

College Football Thread

Well, when I turned on the bama/florida game, bama was already up 24-0. From what I saw though from that point on, it was an excellent bama defense to an ineffective florida offense. That has been florida's problem all year with the exception of the kentucky game. Florida just hasn't looked like a top 10 team to me this year. Top 20 yes, but not top 10. Alambama's offense still isn't scary, but their defense sure is, and that will enable them to control any game they play.

I was actually pulling for the Illini, of course I pull for everyone who plays that team down south. :lol: Pryor has always been only an OK passer, and if he finally realises that and plays the position like the athlete he is, he will be dangerous. Problem is, despite his size at like what 6'4" 220, he is scared to get hit. He doesn't play physical enough.

I think the heisman might just go to another sophmore this year. Namely Shoelace. He is just amazing, and the only thing he needs to work on is his touch on the long ball. If he had a little more touch, he would have had 2 more TD passes yesterday. If he stays healthy all year, he will have heisman worthy numbers despite our lack of defense costing us a couple of games this year.

jacob

a couple of questionable calls, some stupid personal fouls, letting ohio state score right before halftime 1 minute after illinois kicked a field goal to take the leat, and 3 downs and out to open the 3rd quarter killed the illini. by and by, the illini played them tough - unfortunately for we illini fans - playing someone tough is the story of our lives lately - they still show up as losses in the stats. as far as denard robinson goes he is so far simply unbelievable - i've never seen anything like it - rich rodriguez is one lucky guy - he'd be out of a job if he still had tate forcier still behind center.

btw - here's what all true illini fans think about michigan :)

s_MuckFichigan.jpg

i'd post a picture of the back of it but i might get in trouble from the sensors. :)

as far as denard robinson goes he is so far simply unbelievable - i've never seen anything like it - rich rodriguez is one lucky guy - he'd be out of a job if he still had tate forcier still behind center.

btw - here's what all true illini fans think about michigan :)

s_MuckFichigan.jpg

i'd post a picture of the back of it but i might get in trouble from the sensors. :)

I believe our offense would still be efficient with forcier, but not near as dynamic. Forcier is a good QB, but not as much of a gamebreaker as Robinson is. With Robinson, ANY play could result in a TD, with Forcier it is more driving down the field bit by bit. Which almost killed us yesterday. Only had the ball for 18 minutes in that game and scored 42 pts. That left the glaring weakness of the team on the field for 42 min. :shocked: It is nice to score lots of points, but we need to help the defense out some as well and give them a breather now and again.

Oh and about the picture, nobody's perfect I guess. Not everyone can be the good guy. Some people just hate when others experience so much success. j/k :lol: I do wish you guys luck though. After all, if you do poorly, they might end up firing Zook and getting a real coach. ;)

jacob

We got rocked, Simply unacceptable. sad part is we gotta play em again! not sure it was their defense though, we were in the red zone FIVE times and didnt score 3 int's a fumble and a coach not wanting 3 points! Im pissed but the funniest part is..I got my phone ringing off the hook with my UGA buddies laughing their butt off..Have to remind them of their 1-4 start :)
There is no solace in losing to the #1 team in the country.

I believe our offense would still be efficient with forcier, but not near as dynamic. Forcier is a good QB, but not as much of a gamebreaker as Robinson is. With Robinson, ANY play could result in a TD, with Forcier it is more driving down the field bit by bit. Which almost killed us yesterday. Only had the ball for 18 minutes in that game and scored 42 pts. That left the glaring weakness of the team on the field for 42 min. :shocked: It is nice to score lots of points, but we need to help the defense out some as well and give them a breather now and again.

Oh and about the picture, nobody's perfect I guess. Not everyone can be the good guy. Some people just hate when others experience so much success. j/k :lol: I do wish you guys luck though. After all, if you do poorly, they might end up firing Zook and getting a real coach. ;)

jacob

wow - what a great thought - Ron Zook as head coach of Michigan! heard part of some sound bites that they had with forcier - they sure seem to want to indicate that he's going to transfer.

“All you need to know is I’m out.” - Tate Forcier

From first hand experience,, I feel sorry for any team run by zook!
I remember rooting for UGA in the cocktail party just so zook would get canned.

When he 1st got to Illinois we were kind of excited. We questioned is coaching ability but knew that he had a reputation as a good recruiter. And, he did in fact get a lot of good recruits his 1st few years. Then, we lost coach Mike Locksley and we all of a sudden we still had Zook and we werent'/aren't getting the recruits. I'll never forget the Illinois/Ohio State game in 2007 when we beat the then #1 ranked Buckeyes at Columbus. 4th quarter, 4th and inches, time running out in the game - Zook wants to punt. Juice Williams, who at the time was a sophmore had to talk Zook into going for it. We made it, ran out the clock, and won the game. At that point I knew Zook was a fool - how could he not go for it, and how could he let a sophmore quarter back change his decision. It's amazing that they got rid of all the assistant coaches last year and kept Zook - I think that he must have some compramising pictures of AD Ron Guenther or something. At least we got 2 quality coaches this year OC Paul Petrino and DC Vic Koenning. I'm sure that I could gather enough alumni support to pay Zook's way back to Florida - just give me an address to ship him to :)

wow - what a great thought - Ron Zook as head coach of Michigan! heard part of some sound bites that they had with forcier - they sure seem to want to indicate that he's going to transfer.

“All you need to know is I’m out.” - Tate Forcier

Nah, you can keep him. We already have a great head coach with an exceptional offensive mind. Now if we could just find someone who knows defense..........

Tate may end up transfering, hell his brothers did, but to this point he has been adamently saying he is staying. I think the out comment was about out as a starter, not from Michigan altogether. But the only playing time he can count on from here on out is if Robinson goes down this year. Gardner is mostly likely going to be No. 2 next year, and we already have at least 1 more good one coming next year. Playing time for him will be at a premium for sure.

We got rocked, Simply unacceptable. sad part is we gotta play em again! not sure it was their defense though, we were in the red zone FIVE times and didnt score 3 int's a fumble and a coach not wanting 3 points! Im pissed but the funniest part is..I got my phone ringing off the hook with my UGA buddies laughing their butt off..Have to remind them of their 1-4 start :)
There is no solace in losing to the #1 team in the country.

Isn't 3 int's and a fumble considered good plays by the defense? It is a matter of perspective though. Like for Michigan against Indiana yesterday, it is easy for me to say that our horrible defense is the reason Indiana got so many yards and points, but at the same time, isn't it also because they executed the plays better than us? As much as you may hate to admit it, it was still a good defensive effort by Bama. You guys will be fine, though still not sure if you will play them again.........

Ouch HS, You KNOW That was a foward pass :)
Les miles has a horseshoe stuck up his ....
Seriously though, I think the west is wayy up this year ,,and its looking like the ol' ball coach may get it done in the east! click clack! :)

Seeing Bama go down last weekend was pretty exciting, had even moar fun watching meh Badgers do the same to Ohio State on this one. Wut up SEC fans with this foolishness?

watdiscrap.jpg

I agree, Love seeing THE Ohio State get rocked!
Why the ole Miss logo.. Boutros? Did you mean miss st?
C'mon badger get it right! :)

Yeah, I can't believe Ole Miss gave up the Ole Rebel for a bear. I looked like the guy on the right when I heard it also.

Right on then JJS and Wayright, good common ground to share.

And you got it Hot Stuff... No skin off my back really, ain't really my biz, but saw it and just had to say wut!?!? Big game for you and 'ol AJ comin up this weekend...

Not too up on the Big 12 this year, anybody think Missouri will get them Okies Saturday night?

Back