• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Does anyone still use Tabasco sauce?

I haven't used (bought) tobasco sauce for quite some time. In fact, about 3 weeks ago I used it at a restaurant (forgot my sauce) for the first time in years and really didn't like it. But last night, I tried some Tobasco powder on pizza and loved it. For me, I think that I find the Tobasco sauce is too vinegary.

I use it. But only in emergencies - like when Im out of Kaitaia Fire - which has a similar mild heat - but a much better flavour (not as sharp and vinegar tainted).

Wife loves tabasco and we always have a bottle in but shes fell love with dunns river scotch bonnet sauce from jamaica as its just the right heat and flavor for her :lol:

The only time I use Tabasco sauce now is when I'm thirsty. A couple of bottles and I can last until I find some water to drink....hehe

Wierd, for me one of the best uses is on pizza. People keep saying vinegar ruins pizza.

My favorite toppings are chock full.

Green olives, banana peppers, etc.

Good on pizza IMHO.

cheezydemon said:
Wierd, for me one of the best uses is on pizza. People keep saying vinegar ruins pizza.

My favorite toppings are chock full.

Green olives, banana peppers, etc.

Good on pizza IMHO.

I totally agree Cheezy. I sometimes get a craving and use it on pizza too. Usually frozen pizza, because if I make my own I always use fresh peppers on it.

wow tabasco is getting the shaft in this thread; i have to admit, i like tabasco; it has a unique flavor, its a simple recipe, and it hasnt changed (as long as ive known it); its a good addition to anything that requires vinegar, as well as a little heat (a very little)

I´ve got all the tabascos, but like Omri said: its like vinagre!

I use them all in different purposes; mostly for decoration at my shelf! :) the habanero is embarrassing!, its even weaker than the original, just a bit more peppery!

BUT, the original one with fried egg is an absolute favourite! :)

I love to eat it at pizza with:

meat
ham
egg
& loads of tabasco, ecpecially @ the egg :) dont know if this is a local thing around here but i´ve eaten food from all ove the world and theres nothing that suits the origional tabasco like this dish.

The chipotle i use for marinades, grilled sandwishes etc.

The green one i use to make chicks feel important and like they can handle my passion; and then i have sex with them.

The garlic tabasco is the worst of them all! It just plain sux! I only use it as an replacement for garlic. I´ll never buy it again!

uUu said:
The green one i use to make chicks feel important and like they can handle my passion; and then i have sex with them.

Word they must be getting some good tabasco over in sweeden lol.

uUu said:
The garlic tabasco is the worst of them all! It just plain sux! I only use it as an replacement for garlic. I´ll never buy it again!

I had it only once - it's not on sale here - and I must say I liked it. Sadly, I managed to drop the bottle when it was still half full and of course it broke and I had Tabasco all over my kitchen floor. I didn't manage to remove the stains 100%, nasty stuff!!!

uUu said:
the habanero is embarrassing!, its even weaker than the original, just a bit more peppery!!

really!, am I the only one here that thinks the tabasco habanero sauce is good ? not saying its really hot but its just a decent sauce coming from tabasco (& their chipotle)
I'd say the habanero is way hotter than their basic sauce!!

uUu said:

I agree I could not stand that sauce, in fact I dumped half of it out just to get rid of it & not see that bottle in the fridge anymore :mouthonfire: I suppose thats a sin in the chilehead world ? :lol:

their sweet & spicy sauce is just like a sweet & sour sauce, they added too much corn syrup & its really thick & unpourable, no spice to it either!

A while ago I was at a friends birthday-dinner party and they served all kinds of appetizers, one of them was marinated portugese anchovies, which was served with tabasco. It was pretty damn good. I stole the recipe and recreated it later and tried with different hotsauces, but nothing came close to how good it was with the tabasco. There was just something in that mildly pepper flavored vinegar that brought out the best in that dish...

chilehunter said:
really!, am I the only one here that thinks the tabasco habanero sauce is good ? not saying its really hot but its just a decent sauce coming from tabasco (& their chipotle)
I'd say the habanero is way hotter than their basic sauce!!

I like it - I will use it to kick up my chile when I make that or put it on eggs in the morning. I do think it has more kick than the regular one. IMO.

I have just had the McIlhenny Habanero Sauce on eggs, fried fish, and oven fries.

Finally a commercial sauce from the local supermarket with some heat to it!

Brokensea said:
I have just had the McIlhenny Habanero Sauce on eggs, fried fish, and oven fries.

Finally a commercial sauce from the local supermarket with some heat to it!
The only time I've ever had eggs, fish and taters for breakfast was when I was on a camping/fishing trip.

I love it!

I went on one fishing trip to a place called "Sebastian's Inlet" in mid-east Florida, and at the crack of dawn, I caught 7 beautiful fish, all different ocean going fish, before breakfast while standing on the bank of my campground. What a breakfast we had!

Back