• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Exotic Meats?

There's a store near where i live, Jungle Jims. They have all kinds of exotic meats you can buy. A buddy of mine come over for a weekend and we went to Jungle to get some Little Kings, JJs also carries a huge variety of beers from all over the world. Any way we went through the store and ended up buying several different meats. Got home and had duck breast in the oven. Huge scallops in garlic butter on the stove. Alligator, buffalo, ostrich, and elk out on the grill. We even tried some canned smoked rattlesnake. The rattlesnake had too much smoke IMO so couldn't tell what it tasted like. Everything else was real tasty. The wives wouldn't try any of it but my buddy, my son and I sure ate it up. Washed it all down with a couple cases of Little Kings Cream Ale.

I would have most definitely helped you eat that food if I was in the area!!!!:) Less than a month until deer season. I can't wait....YUM!!

Back