• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First timer grow log

Howdy,

My name is Steve i live in Iowa, i have decided to try my hand at growing my favorite pepper this year and after reading many forums i decided to register here and post a pic to get some of you expert's input on my baby habs. This pic was taken today they were sowed 11 days ago, i have never attempted to grow peppers from seed so i am a complete newb and not sure what to look for as far as how things are goin so far. Thanks for any responses and take it easy.

hab.jpg

whatt thee hell? how are they growwingg so fastt ? xD

IKR WTH :lol: I'm trying not to post pics to often but they wont slow down :P they get fish emu/epsom/calclh at least once a week and every other week i give them a bottom water of MG tomato food 18/18/21 nerfed down to 6/6/7 and i talk to them everyday and make sure they are ok and tell them they are perty and such :lol:

IKR WTH :lol: I'm trying not to post pics to often but they wont slow down :P they get fish emu/epsom/calclh at least once a week and every other week i give them a bottom water of MG tomato food 18/18/21 nerfed down to 6/6/7 and i talk to them everyday and make sure they are ok and tell them they are perty and such :lol:

god daangg lol. & i only understood like half of that D:
& thatts cool lol that you talk to them xD

so nicwe when they start properly budding, i have about 7 flowers open now, so they all will follow suit, can't wait to see them grow, keep up the good work!

Lookin' good! Feeding all the time?
Thanks PB, all the time? Well i do use a 2-4-0 fish emu and epsom and calcium chloride mix for a foliar spray and i hit them at night at least a few times a week i have also gave them a MG tomato food 18-18-21 mixed at 6-6-7 twice since i potted up to 5 gallon pots i think it was around 10 days between the feeds
so nicwe when they start properly budding, i have about 7 flowers open now, so they all will follow suit, can't wait to see them grow, keep up the good work!
Thanks angie, today 1 started to open today i cant wait either :P

niiicee !
Thanks!

Morning

There was a post a few days ago about plants droopin after a hot day well yesterday was a hotty and my guys were all hangin there heads so this morning i went out and sure enough standing all perky stretchin out getten ready for another hot 1
IMG_0787.jpg

The 1 armed bandit quikly becoming my favorite
IMG_0778.jpg

He seemed to be smiling this morning
IMG_0785.jpg

Flowers!
IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Plants are looking awesome mate. Keep it up.
Thanks mate :cheers:

Nice! You are going to be so happy with those big red bad boys...7 plants, awww that's a LOT of Caribbean Reds!
Thanks, i hope so however its been in the upper 90's for like a week and my first round of flowers all dropped cant wait till the weathers levels out so i can start seeing some pods :cheers:

someee sexy plants duude !
Thanks dude!:cheers:

Your thread title says "First Timer" but it sure doesn't look that way based on your pictures. Great job.

Your thread title says "First Timer" but it sure doesn't look that way based on your pictures. Great job.

Thanks Josh, yea i have never even tried to grow any type of plant or veggie not even a store bought 1 let alone from seed. the day i bought the jiffy greenhouse back in early march i started spending a few hours a day researching and still do as well as this forum has really helped me out along the way(thanks!)

it may very well just be beginners luck tho :P
:cheers:

Howdy all,
got the boys out today for a quik inspection looks like the 1 in the SIP is taking on way to much water as the whole plant has a yellow tint to it i have been keeping the tank full looks like i need to let it go dry for a while other than that the other plants are doin ok got sum small pods goin on as well still seeing alot of flower drop but i dont mind that right now...

Yellowing SIP Bucket
IMG_0894.jpg

The other boys
IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

Some Pods
IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg