• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

In the same boat as you Harry but its just my stomach. Been in pain all night. Dont think its a DVT episode? Taking it easy and hoping the pain goes away, was wanting to get a bike ride in today. Wife is going to do some grocery shopping then washing our van. Not sure what the day will bring. Yall behave and good morning.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 55F, on its way to 74F. Calling for sun this afternoon - should be a nice day.

Sorry to hear you guys are sick. Harry, don't forget Covid is still around. You might want to test, just in case. Sic, feel better soon.

Today is election day. Don't forget to vote, if you haven't already. Several errands to run today, but at least we'll be outside enjoying the beautiful weather! Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and get your shots.

Good morning. Harry, Sic - hope you guys feel much better soon! Yes, it’s time for the yearly flu shot. Thanks for the reminder, Downriver.
Dr. this AM, then a few errands on this last summery day before cold and snow. It was very nice while it lasted. Hopefully hubby will till some time today, but I won’t count on it. The clay soil has been amended yearly, but last year’s extra water and this years hail, etc. have made the clay take hold again. We’ll try again.
Have a wonderful day. Take time for yourself. Hug a friend. 🤒🤒 Get well soon.

Here at last, was running late this a.m. Work today.
Rain again today, although not as torrential as yesterday. We're all getting a tad fed up with it now.

Hope you feel better soon Harry and Sic.

Have a good Tuesday, keep warm, dry and smile :D

Good morning. It's cloudy and 55F, on its way to 74F. Calling for sun this afternoon - should be a nice day.

Sorry to hear you guys are sick. Harry, don't forget Covid is still around. You might want to test, just in case. Sic, feel better soon.

Today is election day. Don't forget to vote, if you haven't already. Several errands to run today, but at least we'll be outside enjoying the beautiful weather! Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and get your shots.
I tested COVID positive .... This is my 1st time. 😷🤒

Morning chickens, Hump Day is here.
For once there is no rain forecast so I'm going out in the garden and planting spring bulbs as well as making dal for lunch. Nothing like a bowl of hot, peppery sunshine to bring on a smile.

@Harry_Dangler sorry to hear you've succumbed, take it easy and get better soon.

Have a good Wednesday, keep healthy, dry, warm and smile :D

@Harry_Dangler Take care, from a fellow Paolian (is that what we call ourselves?)

Yesterday, put in a 14-hour shift as a poll worker for local elections. Low turnout but everything went smoothly.
The weather here is crazy. Around 80F yesterday. I have had my five remaining chile plants(all in fabric pots) back outside for the last several days.
Will be planting some bulbs for spring later today.

Good morning with healing vibes for Harry.
A cold front came through last night so today’s high temp will be close to 40F. The garden at home got tilled and I planted leftover garlic cloves. As I’m about done planting, a newer CG guy asks for garlic and help to plant them today. So . . . I will be helping to plant the leftover leftovers this AM.
Glad to hear Sic is feeling better. Stay warm and rest, Harry.
Enjoy the day as best you can. Look forward to tomorrow’s offerings.

Good morning. It's 67F on its way to nowhere. Day 2: My symptoms are a little worse than yesterday. Mostly convalescing today. Probably not doing much other than some reading. Tough to sleep. No grilling or beverages :eek:! Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 46F, on its way to its inverse - 64F. Should be a nice day. Another errand day, starting with a Dr's appointment. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Sic. Harry, sorry to hear you tested positive. That's definitely no bueno. Don't forget about the Paxlovid option. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Headed out for a hour walk with the wife then headed to Hyde Park. Going to see her son and his wife and kid and have lunch. He sucks! Picking up a guitar on our way home that I dropped off like 2 months ago which they just finally got to yesterday. The boy turns 25 today and I really wish I could be having lunch with him but he is in TN. Playing guitar this afternoon and chilling. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 45F on its way to 58F. Cloudy. My covid fever broke last night and I'm feeling much better today .... I'm not going to overdo it though ..... but at least I can come out of isolation with a mask on. Going to try to catchup on some office work this morning. Might watch a movie or this afternoon's CL matches after that. We'll see how it goes. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Seasonal rain/snow and cold yesterday, so CG guy’s garlic planting is on hold for a week. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Harry. Take it slow.
Happy bday to your son, Sic.
Time to start thinking about holiday gifts. Etc.
Have a wonderful Thursday. Stay healthy, drink more water, get your flu shots.

Good morning. It's sunny and 51F, on its way to a beautiful 76F. Today is the last hurrah for 70 degrees or better. Don't see another one in the forecast, and probably won't see it again until next Spring. Oh well, Winter needs to show up sometime, at least around these parts. Have a few errands to run this morning, then I plan to spend the rest of the day outside doing "stuff". Good to hear you're feeling better Harry. Sounds like the stomach is a little better Sic. That's good news as well. Happy Birthday Tinkerbelle! Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Afternoon all - tad late today. Another day of sun and heavy showers, but can't/won't complain about that.
Been out in the garden most of the day closing down the veg patch, picked the last of the peppers - the plants are still flowering :D
I'm getting impatient for 2024 spring already.
Thank you for the birthday wishes River, much appreciated.
Happy birthday to your son Sic, 9th November is the best day to be born :lol:
Not much else planned for today, steak and fizzy pop on the menu for tonight.
Have a good Thursday, keep warm, dry and smile and wish someone Happy birthday :rofl:

Back