• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

Wow!  It is amazing the things that you run across here.  I have seen the "MoA" moniker a few times on the boards since I have been back and finally stumbled across this thread.  Such a cool pepper, and a definite gem to grow.  Gotta get my hands on some seeds before next season, it has got to be amazing! 

Keep it up all, I cant wait to see those badass peppers start to pod up and ripen!

MGOLD86 said:
Wow!  It is amazing the things that you run across here.  I have seen the "MoA" moniker a few times on the boards since I have been back and finally stumbled across this thread.  Such a cool pepper, and a definite gem to grow.  Gotta get my hands on some seeds before next season, it has got to be amazing! 

Keep it up all, I cant wait to see those badass peppers start to pod up and ripen!
glad you came across this thread Matt... Steve954 was the one gracious enough to bless a few of us with the seeds... his
plants have a few pods with TRUE Jamaican scotch bonnet shape... when mine pod ill definately let you taste!
windchicken said:
Thanks Greg...They're all mixed up...The photo labeled "Plant 4" is actually Plant 3...I'm just going to put some markers in the ground to avoid all that...
simply amazing!! love the rows..

Well I'm sure those growing the MOA's now will share the pepper love, right?  I hope to be able 
to get some seeds for next year from someone. :P

windchicken said:
I finally planted out my MOAs last Friday, May 31....Please ignore the grass and weeds for now...The bed is newly constructed from the native sand, clay, and ironstone gravel; and amended with shredded branch hardwood, a.k.a. "RCW", and Osmocote 14-14-14 time-release pellets. The mulch layer is 2-3 inches of RCW.

MOA Plant No. 6:

moa1.jpg
Man that's a beautiful plant. Very well done. Excited to see the pods that thing will be throwing out.

Back