• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November is The Best Meal I Ever Ate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I get a Gold Star for the most multi-quotes in a reply? :lol: I saw the title a couple days ago and INSTANTLY knew what I would make. Now I just have to get caught up on a few comments,

Best meal I ever ate.........was at MY house. :cool: And nobody can compete......
don't count your chickens YET, amigo ;)

Does that count as a meal?
Were you satisfied when finished???

Once I saw a show in Okinawa where a woman sliced a banana with ninja-like skill....without using her hands..........or a knife.True story.

:eek: Toenails????? :eek:

Hope you wont mind if I join you for this TD?
Ela, YES!!!! JUMP IN HERE! I'm looking forward to what you will make.

I'm still trying to remember what I had for my last birthday dinner.....
Rum soup with a beer chaser? :lol:
look across the table.......

(did I just say that?)

thats from Carmines Steak House in Chicagothats also a 55 dollar steakand hands down the best I have ever had in my life
save your money for a plane ticket to Washington state, we'll cook you a steak from our locally grown beef half, we'll see how that $55 steak holds up......

This TD is going to be awesome!
hope to see you in the fray!

Yes Patron! I think Me and CJ might be going head to head! (she's got a crown you know) ahem.

OOOOooo!!! Deuling Twispies!!!! (that just sounds ...not right.....) :lol:

Ela, YES!!!! JUMP IN HERE! I'm looking forward to what you will make.

Something from scratch?????????
bb4.gif

OOOOooo!!! Deuling Twispies!!!! (that just sounds ...not right.....) :lol:

Maybe I should get my other half to join us so him and I could have nice cooking duel?
297.gif

I know he can boil pretty good water
25r30wi.gif
Just kidding

You guys are all pros in TD so I better sharpen up my cooking skills
laie_14.gif
bb4.gif

Hmmm, SL your last post here shows on my puter 2:08 am. Subtract 2 hours for pacific time and that puts you at 12:08 am. I reckon wine was involved correct?

I have so many things that were the best thang I ever ate. Best steak. Best seafood. etc. Some things that my grandmother made that just can't be duplicated period. Hardest thing about this t-down is choosing what to do. Ain't no losers on this one ya'll.

Hmmm, SL I reckon wine was involved correct?

New signature for SalsaLady!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah TB, How to decide? Grandma's, Holidays, Special occasions, Backyard BBQ's with friends, Hole in the wall restaurants, etc etc etc. oh man.......

Ela, you could probably win with your bread...

Hmmm, SL your last post here shows on my puter 2:08 am. Subtract 2 hours for pacific time and that puts you at 12:08 am. I reckon wine was involved correct?

yep, wine was involved, we were staying up to watch the Rugby World Cup, Wales-v-France, game started 12:30AM local time :crazy: and the game was INSANE!

I hope to see several new faces posting in this TD.. .As TB said, ain't no losers this go around.

I just had another idea, but I'm not sure it will fly. I think this is meant to be a best meal you have ever had somewhere right? I mean not one you made yourself. I did make a fantastic meal for my lady's birthday the first year we were dating that I have not made in years. I wouldn't mind trying to recreate that one either. Like TB said, the toughest thing is going to be deciding what to make.

I don't think meals you made yourself should count because we already know you can make it. More about trying to replicate that perfect meal you had. That is a nice story though, and that's what it is about too, so hopefully you have more.

Now this meal you made, did you get that idea from somewhere? Maybe that was the best meal you ever ate, because it inspired you to make it for this special day.

Does not compute. People already know how to make lots of stuff. Best meal I ever ate I made. Now, I can make up someplace that made it or find someplace that does something similar but it's not really the same. The best meal you ever ate should be the best meal you ever ate regardless of where.

I guess if you're gonna roll that way, you may want to change it to "the best meal you ever ate out".

I need clarity on this though because if we are rolling with the "ate out" thing, I have to totally change my plans. Although I have no shortage of delicious dishes I've eaten out, they are just not the best.

So are we going with the best meal you ever had that someone else made?

Also, do we need a picture of the meal from the restaurant, grandma, etc to compare it too?

Prepared by someone else.

Simple concept. You've seen various TV shows that do it. Let's not over complicate it, these always start with a good idea and then get complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back