• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November is The Best Meal I Ever Ate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMI

:D

Well, I am back to the drawing board. My choice #2 was a Chilean Sea Bass dish. My fish monger called me back and I can only get frozen, and the one I can get is 30lbs at $18.99lb. No thanks. I may still make it and just substitute Black Bass.

Is it just me or does a 30lb Sea Bass seem a little :crazy:

Nah..... you're missing the boat. Or, well, party. Just check out the halloween pics of Bear (... that guy!), I'm sure he'd feed that crowd easy with a 30-lb fish he caught bare-pawed that morning. :cool:

I'd love to feed a crowd with that fish too, but I just can't afford $560 FOR A FISH! Yeah, I saw the pics of Bear. He's a tramp.

Well, I am back to the drawing board. My choice #2 was a Chilean Sea Bass dish. My fish monger called me back and I can only get frozen, and the one I can get is 30lbs at $18.99lb. No thanks. I may still make it and just substitute Black Bass.

I hear you Jay, I wanted Ahi Tuna for dish. Sadly my fish monger told me its $20/lb. Needless to say, I told him where to stick it. :D.
Now I'm considering another dish.
Aaron

Gulf coast shrimps are $5.99 lb. at Kroger.
Bringing back memories.... My dad used to go down to the docks and get Gulf coast shrimps right off the boats when they came in - a 50-quart Coleman cooler full of them. Cleaning them sure was a PITA, but that was some FINE eating - fresh vs. Kroger's frozen = MEGAWIN.

There's a memory!
When Cj and me were first married and VERY poor, we lived off of Puget Sound.
I'd get my crab traps, cat food, and zodiak, go under the ferry dock at Clinton, and catch 30 lbs. of Dungeness Crab at a whack.
We couldn't afford to buy ground beef, but we would shell all of the crab meat, (sit across from each other at the table for hours), and make then freeze crab cakes by the dozens....
Funny story involving a big-ass Sea Lion...
Ohhhh the memories...... thanks geeme!

This thing starts Friday, be ready!

I've REALLY been wanting to get in on another TD, but life always gets in the way. :banghead: This weekend is deer opener...
This is going to be an awesome TD too! Can't wait to see all the greatness!

A $560 bass? :eek: I think I'm fishing the wrong waters!

Oh crap... you and CJ are gonna "REF"????
b760d40c.jpg

In case we missed the back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back we get to see it one more time! YIPPIE! (While I dry heave) haha
Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back