• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Oktoberfest Throwdown

You'll be fine....as long as they contain BEER as an ingredient.

Can I just hollow out a bunch of jalapenos, and take shots of beer out of them for hours on end?

OK...if the borracho's are a go, then so am I.

After I win this first one, can I have a special "came from outta nowhere/rookie sensation" crown?

You have much to learn young padwuan. For having posted before the actual throwdown, you have not come from nowhere. Come the morning after you will find yourself as so many others have, cowering in the corner, wimpering in fear, and covered in the remains of your entree.............
7.gif

LOL...if I can get an official "ok" ruling on the borracho beans, I'll jump in @$$ first.

If you'll go back to the first couple pages of this thread, you'll see THP posted 1 app, 1 main, German or German-style beer in both, and same beer in glass. It's wide open after that - you define what's an app, what's a main.

Can ya handle that?!?

You have much to learn young padwuan. For having posted before the actual throwdown, you have not come from nowhere. Come the morning after you will find yourself as so many others have, cowering in the corner, wimpering in fear, and covered in the remains of your entree.............
7.gif

LOL...the "outta nowhere" was in reference to my relatively few posts...I mean, c'mon...you ever read anything I've posted outside of this thread? ;) And, to be more precise...the morning after will find me hosing down the oval office...although there may be some wimpering going on then... :fireball:

So let me get this straight - 2 meals one entree one main , and beer in glass - all to contain German beer ?
(been awhile since I was in throw down :) )

So let me get this straight - 2 meals one entree one main , and beer in glass - all to contain German beer ?
(been awhile since I was in throw down :) )

NO! (on the two meals, that is...) One appetizer, one main, and one beer in glass - all to contain a German or German-style beer.

(I think I'd have to sit this one out if it was two meals!) :lol:
Welcome back to the TD - curious to see if you've got anything to bring! :hell:

not 2 MEALS-

a two-part entry- one part appetizer, one part entree.............both appetizer and entree have to have beer as a component.... and one of those beers has to be served in a glass in the final entry pics.

After that................it's all up to you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that's right, but if I am wrong, I know a kind soul will inform of the error~

I'm kind of under the impression that both have to use the same beer. I think THP will have to clarify....

OK- clarification for the beers-

does the app and entree have to use the same beer?

and following through on that would mean the beer in a glass would have to be the same beer used in the app and entree?

Hmmmm- We waz thinking Oktoberfest in all it's glory and that would be all the beers ( and German-style beers! ) and foods available at the Oktoberfest!

One app (any starter) and one meal as a combined entry, both using beer as an ingredient. Same beer must be served with the meal in a glass, with the bottle/(can? lol) in the pic. Cool?

This was the post before he clarified for TB. At a min, nothing stopping anyone from including more than one glass of beer in the pic! :lol:

One app, one main course, both with German beer or German style beer as an ingredient. Pic of beer in a glass with the food in the presentation pic, and the bottle/can also so we can see the beer used.

Okay?
:)

Anything goes food-wise. This is an homage to Oktoberfest using German beer as a cooking ingredient, but you can do anything!
And this was post-clarification....

But I'm also a bit unclear on "one meal" and "one main course" - could mean to include sides, could mean just an entree?

PROST! PROST! PROST!!!!

Forgive me if I assume too much, but it looks like (to me) that as long as the "spirit" of the competition is followed...the guidlines are flexible...within that general framework.

I will say that I am looking forward to this. I've looked at competitions past. I am more of a utilitarian style chef than a "made for TV" chef...so my dish may be more edible than photogenic.

I gotta stop drinking the beer and start putting in dishes, Grand Final this weekend and next weekend too so it's been hard to not just guzzle them down.

I gotta stop drinking the beer and start putting in dishes, Grand Final this weekend and next weekend too so it's been hard to not just guzzle them down.

What's Grand Final?

Whatever it is, it sounds like it's a good thing April will be cooking this coming weekend! :lol:

Back