• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

SAVE QUESO!

Queso means cheese! If you're taking about queso dip say queso dip, just saying queso is giving the word a new meaning. Like salsa! Salsa means sauce but we changed it into an actual type of sauce to eat with chips. SAVE QUESO!

Now, I don't want to go starting any wildfires here, but I have questions....

One of them being...(deep breath)...How does Nacho Cheese fit into the Queso Conundrum?
(I've already googled it - just curious what my experts have to say 'bout it!)

Now, I don't want to go starting any wildfires here, but I have questions....

One of them being...(deep breath)...How does Nacho Cheese fit into the Queso Conundrum?
(I've already googled it - just curious what my experts have to say 'bout it!)

There is no nacho cheese. It doesn't exist. Big arena's stole the name from real nacho's which btw is also another tex-mex invention. "Nacho cheese" is really another form of queso but is actually fake queso.

I suppose one could make the agrument that nacho cheese could be a packaged blend of shredded cheeses (2-4 different cheeses) designed to be used on nachos. That melted orange stuff that comes out of the pump dispenser is not cheese.

What I want to know is what's up with the packages of shredded yellow, or yellow and white mixed cheese in the grocery stores mysteriously sold as "Mexican" cheese. Who told them that Mexicans eat cheese like that and what about it is supposed to make it "Mexican?" I've eaten in a lot of Mexican homes and restaurants and been to a lot of Mexican grocery stores and I've never seen cheese like that in any of them.

What I want to know is what's up with the packages of shredded yellow, or yellow and white mixed cheese in the grocery stores mysteriously sold as "Mexican" cheese. Who told them that Mexicans eat cheese like that and what about it is supposed to make it "Mexican?" I've eaten in a lot of Mexican homes and restaurants and been to a lot of Mexican grocery stores and I've never seen cheese like that in any of them.

Because gringo's and gabacho's are gullible. Big cheese companies laugh all the way to the bank.

I think they grow it on shrubs these days. They just shake the branches into the bag, slap a label on it, and ship it off to the stores. I found a bird's nest in mine once......hummingbird, I think......

Back