• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Super Bowl Throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
moyboy said:
You guys in the USA better bring it cause if you get beaten by an aussie in an american super bowl throwdown, you will look mighty silly!!!! :lol:

On a serious note, seeing we can't post completed dish pics till 2 hours before the game.......What time is the game and in what time zone....I presume the game is on sunday?

Just wanting to work out when I can post my pics here in OZ????

I have a snack/meal planned but I wouldn't say it's out of this world but it's hopefully a little unique!!! :)

Aussie's? Never heard of 'em! :rofl:

I will be struggling on this. My plan involved more than one recipe...

Now I'll have to choose one....HMMMMMMMMMMM None of which are all that unique.....more of a twist on something common. I may have just fallen way back in the hunt.

But I'm still in...;)

Hmm. Maybe Down Under should be renamed, the Down Low.

I'm seeing a whole lot of jaw-jacking and not a lot of action!

Here's my teaser photo. I'll also be using a BURM, but that's not what's in the mystery bag.

soccermashjan2010103.jpg

By the way, who's playing:?: :P

salsalady said:
I'm seeing a whole lot of jaw-jacking and not a lot of action!

Here's my teaser photo. I'll also be using a BURM, but that's not what's in the mystery bag.

soccermashjan2010103.jpg

By the way, who's playing:?: :P

ME!...but I don't get home from drill till late Sunday. No piccys till then. ;)

I'm guessing there's fish in the ? package....

Seriously doubt that one. Never seen anyone pound/tenderize a fish. Look at the top of the picture. Oh and I think she meant who is playing in the SB... Double Fail Paul!!!

She could be using it to pulverize the crackers into a cracker meal.

No fails when guessing on the teaser pics. It's all good!

Yes, I meant who's playing in the Superbowl. I'll have to choose a team to root for, so.....what are their colors?

There's one other item hidden in the back........any guesses?

And I kept the front of the Saltines box clear so Huntsman can read the blue banner. hehehe

I won't post a teaser until tomorrow...gotta go to the store and get some required ingredients....got most of them but these will be the final touches...I bet a dollar to a donut, no one will ever guess what I am doing....this is gonna be so cool...

I haven't got a clue Salsa what you are gonna cook...

JayT said:
Seriously doubt that one. Never seen anyone pound/tenderize a fish. Look at the top of the picture. Oh and I think she meant who is playing in the SB... Double Fail Paul!!!

I have pounded fish before.

texas blues said:
I have pounded fish before.

I wonder if TB put it in the blender before "pounding" it

ps- it's not fish

No really. I've made salmon picatta like that. Took some salmon chunks that were partially frozen and pounded lightly so as not to break them up too much and got them pretty much flat. I also dredged them in flour and pounded them between two sheets of plastic wrap. Think thin sliced veal but instead fish.

texas blues said:
No really. I've made salmon picatta like that. Took some salmon chunks that were partially frozen and pounded lightly so as not to break them up too much and got them pretty much flat. I also dredged them in flour and pounded them between two sheets of plastic wrap. Think thin sliced veal but instead fish.

Now, THAT sounds good!!

I figured TB's fish was something like that. I just have drinking on the brain so I was referring to "pounding it" like you pound a beer. Wasn't sure if it was going to be understood.

And Paulky, no... I won't be revealing any more before the results....except if anyone get's that hidden item in the back!!! But I'm surprised no one has asked about the BURM. Not telling that one either.....

FUN FUN FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back