• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Super Bowl Throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayT said:
AJ you still drinking that Planter's punch?

same drink but a different batchy...got some more pineapple when I went to the store...I gotta tell you...I pureed the whole 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple and also 8 ounces of maricschino cherries...juice and all for both, added the OJ, soda, rums and a little lime and man..this stuff is addicting....

AJ you deleted yours lol post again sir.

Pippy that is definitely a Super Bowl worthy snack! Simple hand food with complex flavors... WIN!

Well, here is my last teaser as it is time for finished plates. Hope I can at least a few votes. :lol:
DSCF3802.jpg

Fiery Philly Cheese Steak Eggrolls
DSCF3808.jpg

DSCF3806.jpg

Ingredients​
Sweet Onions
Green Bell Pepper
Red Sweet Pepper
Roast Beef
1 1/2 cops of shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 cups of Shredded Pepper-Jack Cheese
Sea Salt
Pepper-pepper
Jolokia Powder
Tabasco Powder
Fatalli Powder
Dipping Sauce​
Extra Hot Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce with sesame seeds added

Title of entry is "There ain't no shrimp on THIS field"

green jalapeno cornbread for the playing surface, cream cheese for the striping, celery for the goal posts...Saints on the left in the gold jerseys with black helmets, Colts on the right in the blue jerseys and white helmets (black helmets = black olives, white helmets = white cocktail onions), standard dips, cocktail sauceup top and tartar below, both garnished with cilantro....the SB44 in the middle picture is slices of jalapeno...the drink on the right is my planters punch and Lindas drink on the left is diet coke and Captain Morgans Spiced Rum...th shrimp were boiled in Zatarans Crab Boil with about an ounce of cayenne powder added to the mix and a little Bhut Puree...the cocktail sauce has a little Scorpion puree...

020710d003.jpg

020710d002.jpg

020710d003-1.jpg

bon apetite!!!!

have already had one plate full...these shrimp weigh close to two ouces each....I had 5....BURRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! 'scuse me...

OMG AJ TALK ABOUT ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRESENTATION WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we're off with a bang!!! Nicely done PF those look great. AJ you are definitely going to win the creativity votes! Those shrimp look heavenly.

PF looks yummy! Post the ingredients in that post so we know what's in there!

'Lawd have mercy...

AJ...that is the coolest hot, blue, and righteous presentation! Awesomenessessess!!!

PF...you sir have outdone yourself. Philly cheese spring rolls!

Both of youse' jump back and kiss yo' 'sefs! And AJ...kiss your wife too!!

thanks you guys...I told you, you had no clue...roflmao...

PF, yours look stupendous...too bad the Eagles aren't playing....

Moyboy...I would like to have about a half dozen of them please sir...

Just updated mine to include ingredients used ;)

Thanks guys, this was my first try making them and they were fun and delicious! Found out they go well with Bloody Marys :lol:

Pepperfreak said:
Just updated mine to include ingredients used ;)

Thanks guys, this was my first try making them and they were fun and delicious! Found out they go well with Bloody Marys :lol:

What a goof! Bloody mary's go well with EVERYTHING!

OMG - you people are PROFESSIONALS! Isn't there an amateur, old-fart division to this throw-down. No way am I posting my entry, now I know the height of the bar! Can't wait to see the others.
Bill

PF - those look great, and that dipping sauce has my mouth watering! If I left now, I could probably be out in about 6 hours. Well, next best thing I guess is to get out the Jack Daniels :)

AJ - I am allergic to shell fish, but your dish looks good enough to die for. (And the food ain't bad either :)

nzeyva.jpg

Well here is my entry. ANNIHILGATOR EMPANADAS W/ BHUT-BLACKBERRY SAUCE.
I baked 1/2 lb of gator seasoned with salt, white pepper and cumin.
and sauteed:
1/4 cup scallion
1 cup shitake
1 cup carrot
1/4 cup redpepper
they are sauteed in a fresh habanero compound butter, about 1.5 tbs butter and 1 red habanero pureed.

When these items were done I put them in a food processor, vegetable and gator, to make a chop mix.
Then wrapped them in the batter which is a basic flake crust, flour, salt, shortening, cold water.
Then DEEP FRY!!!!!
The Sauce is:
3 cup black berries
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tbs rice vinegar
1 tsp Bhut Powder
after reducing and a litte smashing, i topped it off with fresh ground cinnamon.

I hope you enjoy them as much as ours stomachs have been!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back