• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it official, pizza next weekends throwdown?

That works out perfect because my son said he wanted pizza for his birthday so was making it anyhow. Making him a gluten and dairy free pie. May as well throw down some others on the grill as well. I've sifted through several pages and didn't find an answer, is there categories?

are there going to be allowed multiple entries?

IMO I think you should be allowed to enter more than one pizza (maybe 2?) but have them judged as a whole (so technically still one entry). I know other families have to be as picky as mine when it comes to pie and what they want on it. 

Two pies as one entry is too hard to judge. If you really love one but hate the other it gets passed over. I mean people already pass over single entries for one ingredient so it would not be wise. 

I go to the THP home page, and see that THE THP has posted something in the Next Throwdown thread, and my little heart goes pitter-patter, pitter-patter, all excited to see what THE THP has posted.
Then :mope: and  :tear: , 'cause it's not really anything at all......

geeme said:
I go to the THP home page, and see that THE THP has posted something in the Next Throwdown thread, and my little heart goes pitter-patter, pitter-patter, all excited to see what THE THP has posted.
Then :mope: and  :tear: , 'cause it's not really anything at all......

I'll save you some scrolling. It's pizza.

When you say bacon jam I'm thinking blue cheese and figs with some arugula... looking forward to see what you do...

So this is a go!! Alright Tctenten and I need details !! Where's the boss? Hello is this thing on. Ill just wait right here
Curly.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Yes it is pizza this Friday get your homemade doughs and sauces ready... :D You don't have to make cheese but that is way cool.

That is next on the list. Contemplated it for this TD, but never got around to it.

We've done MANY pizza TDs, and none had categories except last year because it was end of year. And I don't think those cats would fill up. How many deep dish? Dessert? Lovers? Classic? Unique? It was a fun but I don't think can be repeated.

We did one called Pie once where you could enter any type of pie... Aussie meat pie, pizza, pumpkin pie lol... that was fun.

Someone mentioned breakfast pizza here and I was wondering, how many would tackle that? You could cook it as breakfast for dinner, but that could get real interesting imo. Don't want to give anything away but I'm thinking it could go way past eggs on pizza... thinking outside the box with crusts, toppings, drizzles... etc. Hint hint. But anyway.

If that seems like a cool challenge, we could do Pizza (anything goes) and Breakfast Pizza. If you really had interest in dessert (chime in please) what could be interesting is, a 3 meal challenge. Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert pizzas. Enter 1, 2, or 3.

Lemme know.

Breakfast, Dinner and Dessert sounds like a neat idea as long as they're categories and we can choose to do only one or all. (Being the new guy and my first TD, 3 would be a little overwhelming :) )

Adding breakfast and dessert will hopefully net some really cool and outside the box entries.

Yes it would be 3 cats and you could make just one, or up to one of each. :)

I just don't think we need to do it like last year with the cats we had, and would like to make each category more of a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back