• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2015 glog

so yeah, hey everybody... I just couldn't wait anymore
put some seeds in the dirt and we're good to go

me and my brother in law built this new "grow-box"
newgrowbox.jpg

I'm gonna put a fan or two in those holes .... to keep the humidity down when the box is going to be closed

this is how it looks now.... in my bedroom ... the wife said something about someone who's a little crazy but I don't know who she's talking about :rolleyes:
newgrowboxcups.jpg

so, this is what I'm growing this year:

Baccatum
  - Lemon drop (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Brazilian Starfish (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 12th)
  - Aji Brazilian Red Pumpkin (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)

Chinense
  - Bhut Jolokia
  - Aji Umba
  - Fatalii yellow
  - Caribbean Red (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Bonda ma Jacques (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Chupetinho (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Habanero White (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - MoA (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 12h)
  - Moruga Red TS (seeds from ajijoe, sent to me by rghm1u20, added on february 12th)
  - Orange Lantern (seeds from Nulle, added on february 12th)
  - Devil's tounge (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 12th)
  - Dorset Naga (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 12th)
  - Habanero Chocolate (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - Reaper (seeds from Zoli, added on february 13th)
  - Habanero Maya Red (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - Habanero Brown (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 13th)
  - 7pot Jonah (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - 7pot BS Red (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 13th)

Annum
  - Goatsweed
  - Cayenne
  - Thai (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Jalapeno
  - Serrano (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Fresno
  - Bolivian Rainbow
  - As chili
  - Bulgarian Carrot
  - Hungarian Hot Wax (added on february 4th)
  - Sigaretta Biondo  - sweet Cayenne style pepper (added on february 4th)
  - KINIZSI paprika from Hungary (seeds from Zoli, added on february 12th)
  - Cherry Bomb (seeds from Nulle, added on february 12th)
  - Apache (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)
  - Golden Cayenne (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 13th)

Frutescens
  - Wild Lombok (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Bangalore Torpedo (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)

and also some sweet peppers, Kapija paprika and some classic bell peppers
Later on in the season, in march, I'm also going to start some tomatoes, lettuce and pumpkins .. but that's the whole other story :)

Now it's time to do some waiting .. let's hope they'll all gonna pop soon :party:

Transplanted plants are starting to show some improvements, maybe even the new lights have a small part in this. I've been very busy with transplanting seedlings that have grown enough and trying too keep it limited, because more are coming later.

Had a few new hooks today, so it looks like I'm pretty much successful at the germinating process :) I still think I should soak them first, next year for sure!

The newly popped ones today: Apache, Bulgarian Carrot, Bangalore Torpedo and Habanero Maya Red.

Things are moving along... seedlings are showing some progress... this is one of the Caribbean Red's
caribbeanredhab.jpg

Also have new hooks today: Habanero Brown, Moruga Red TS (on lower pic) and Golden Cayenne :dance:
morugaredtshook.jpg

I have just 6 or 7 left to pop, outta 40  -  I have to say I'm happy with the progress

This is my growing corner in our bedroom, on to the right is a window which gives rather decent natural light from morning (these days around 7AM) to the early evenings (around 5PM), then LED's kick in and help them grow until 11PM --- I hope this is a good combo for the plants
growcornernight.jpg

Essegi said:
Looks great! I relly like those photos!

thanks man... and I really like the photos on your glog :) and the Last great Pizza Thread.... that always makes me hungry

In the meantime, in the last few days MoA, Habanero Chocolate, Reaper, 7pot Jonah and 7pot BS Red sprouted.
The only one that I'm still waiting on is a sweet KINIZSI paprika from Hungary. This one seems to be really stubborn. I'm gonna let it try for another week and if nothing comes up since then, I'll just have to let it go... All the rest of the seeds sprouted and I have a lot... and I mean a lot of seedlings to take care of :confused:

I repotted around 220 plants that are now in individual cups ... and still have to repot another 10 varieties, 11 if KINIZSI awakes... so this means at least 30 more plants... easily 50 more... I hate to waste perfectly good seedlings, I'll just have to make a few more buddies chiliheads :)

So it's gonna be nearly 300 plants, not to mention I'm still planning to get a few tomatoes sown this coming weekend... this is going to be an interesting season ;)
My plan for this year is to try and see what peppers suits me the most and grow just a few next season - we'll see about that, huh !??!

The last replants are in the box... others are slowly growing - I think the growth is even slower when you constantly check on them :mope:
growbox08032015.jpg

Kapijas are getting bigger (sorry for grainy photo, took those in lousy conditions)
kapijas08032015.jpg

here's a pic of my two extra shelves ..
leggyserranosshelves.jpg

I'm thinking of transplanting those leggy Serranos into bigger pots, because they got so stretched - even after I added lights and a vent  ... any suggestions ?
thanks for looking

Your grow set-up is awesome.  
Can you tell any difference in the lights, yet?

Plantguy76 said:
Looking good nice list & plants

thanks man

PaulG said:
Your grow set-up is awesome.  
Can you tell any difference in the lights, yet?

thanks, it could use some modification tho...
but it looks like it's working... all of the plants in the growbox, which were on pretty much constant temperature, light and regular fan exposure... are looking much better than the others, I think ... :)

I had some seedlings that got leggy from not getting them under lights soon enough after they popped. Once they got big enough for solo cups I just planted them up to their lowest leaves, like with tomatoes, and now they're doing great. Nice looking set up you've got. LED light setups always look so trippy, it's like a rave for your seedlings

Scorched said:
I had some seedlings that got leggy from not getting them under lights soon enough after they popped. Once they got big enough for solo cups I just planted them up to their lowest leaves, like with tomatoes, and now they're doing great. Nice looking set up you've got. LED light setups always look so trippy, it's like a rave for your seedlings

yeah, thanks, and they dance too... when the fan is on :)

I guess it's time for an update today. Gonna post just a few pics, there are just to many plants to choose from :confused:
Peppers are slowly growing, some faster - some slower. Just transplanted the last batch of tomatoes, mostly beefsteak - which I was using the last season the most for sauces and salads. They're delicious. I also wonder how the newly added Pink tomatoes from Greece will taste - I got the seeds from kouts5.

So, the Goat's weed looks like this
goatsweed22032015.jpg

this is sweet Kapija (Kurtovska kapija - mostly used for Ajvar, but delicious in any way used), they are really growing well
kapija22032015.jpg

Serranos are getting big, they were also transplanted into bigger pots not so long ago, because they got so damn leggy!
serrano22032015.jpg

Chupetinho...
chupetinho22032015.jpg

Caribbean Red Habanero (also got some bigger ones, but they're mostly this size)
caribbean22032015.jpg

Bonda ma Jaques
bondamajaques22032015.jpg

sweet basil - it smells so damn good it's a wonder I didn't already eat all of it :drooling:
basil22032015.jpg

tomatoes that got transplanted today
tomatoes22032015.jpg

Your starts look great, Uros. Has any fuzz started showing on the goat's Weed, yet?

300 plants!  Missed that before - awesome grow, my friend!

Thanks Paul. No fuzz yet. I love the way Goat's Weed looks and grows - I just hope it didnt cross much ...I have them open polenated for three seasons. Will def. buy some new Goat seeds over the winter.

Yup ... approx. 300 plants ... maybe a few more but who's counting. Will give a lot of them away when the dirt days come... gonna spread the love.

Uros have you still got any of those leggy serrano's left ... just a thought saw on the UK forum "Chillis Galore" a member from Finland (Bluesman) create a spiral affect by wrapping three young chillis around each other ... his example has grown out to be a great bonchi

Trident chilli said:
Uros have you still got any of those leggy serrano's left ... just a thought saw on the UK forum "Chillis Galore" a member from Finland (Bluesman) create a spiral affect by wrapping three young chillis around each other ... his example has grown out to be a great bonchi

That's an interesting idea and very worth thinking about .. I already completely dried two overwintered plants :rolleyes: trying to make a bonchi, but will consider that in the next few days. I transplanted the leggy ones already, but if I let the cotys fall off (or pick them myself), they'll have rather long stems and will be able to tangle up nicely.

A little update on the growth, it's slowly progressing and some are looking nice

Aji Umba
ajiumba02042015.jpg

Goat's weed
goatsweed02042015.jpg

Kapija
kapija02042015.jpg

Chupetinho
chupetinho02042015.jpg

Caribbean Red Habanero
caribbeanred02042015.jpg

Bonda ma Jacqes
bondamajaques02042015.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
bhutjolokia02042015.jpg

Brazilian Red Pumpkin
brazilredpumpki02042015.jpg

Cherry bomb
cherrybomb02042015.jpg

Lemon Drop
lemondrop02042015.jpg

The last transplanted seedlings are all in the box
thelasttransplants020420.jpg

They all seem to grow, some faster and some a lot slower. Wild Lombok is refusing to grow, it looks thirsty but it's really not.. leaves are yellowing.. is there harder to grow  Frutescens or am I missing something? Thinking of adding just a little fertilizer into next watering which is said to be pure organic and based on algae extract....
Still thinking of Serranos... should I do it ? If it's a big producer, it would also be ideal for giving it to friends, because the pods aren't so hot.

This are Aji Amarillo sprouts which I planted about two weeks ago... the seeds are from PaulG, who also sent me some Orange Habanero seeds, but they will be planted in the season of 2016 ... as will these because he sent plenty of seeds for the next two seasons :) thanks Paul!

these are almost ready to be transplanted
ajiamarillosprouts040420.jpg

Can't wait to see how they'll grow :drooling:
This concludes the quantity of plants for this year!

Trident chilli said:
Fantastic photography .. very healthy plants going to be a good season for you

thanks... I hope I'll manage to keep it healthy
the aphids will be an issue for sure after planting out... but will keep an eye on them

Back