• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2015 glog

so yeah, hey everybody... I just couldn't wait anymore
put some seeds in the dirt and we're good to go

me and my brother in law built this new "grow-box"
newgrowbox.jpg

I'm gonna put a fan or two in those holes .... to keep the humidity down when the box is going to be closed

this is how it looks now.... in my bedroom ... the wife said something about someone who's a little crazy but I don't know who she's talking about :rolleyes:
newgrowboxcups.jpg

so, this is what I'm growing this year:

Baccatum
  - Lemon drop (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Brazilian Starfish (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 12th)
  - Aji Brazilian Red Pumpkin (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)

Chinense
  - Bhut Jolokia
  - Aji Umba
  - Fatalii yellow
  - Caribbean Red (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Bonda ma Jacques (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Chupetinho (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Habanero White (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - MoA (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 12h)
  - Moruga Red TS (seeds from ajijoe, sent to me by rghm1u20, added on february 12th)
  - Orange Lantern (seeds from Nulle, added on february 12th)
  - Devil's tounge (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 12th)
  - Dorset Naga (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 12th)
  - Habanero Chocolate (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - Reaper (seeds from Zoli, added on february 13th)
  - Habanero Maya Red (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - Habanero Brown (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 13th)
  - 7pot Jonah (seeds from Nulle, added on february 13th)
  - 7pot BS Red (seeds from rghm1u20, added on february 13th)

Annum
  - Goatsweed
  - Cayenne
  - Thai (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Jalapeno
  - Serrano (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Fresno
  - Bolivian Rainbow
  - As chili
  - Bulgarian Carrot
  - Hungarian Hot Wax (added on february 4th)
  - Sigaretta Biondo  - sweet Cayenne style pepper (added on february 4th)
  - KINIZSI paprika from Hungary (seeds from Zoli, added on february 12th)
  - Cherry Bomb (seeds from Nulle, added on february 12th)
  - Apache (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)
  - Golden Cayenne (seeds from LuckyLuke, added on february 13th)

Frutescens
  - Wild Lombok (seeds from rghm1u20)
  - Bangalore Torpedo (seeds from Rory, added on february 12th)

and also some sweet peppers, Kapija paprika and some classic bell peppers
Later on in the season, in march, I'm also going to start some tomatoes, lettuce and pumpkins .. but that's the whole other story :)

Now it's time to do some waiting .. let's hope they'll all gonna pop soon :party:

Essegi said:
Hope illness is well over! That sauce stuff looks really cool!
Lots of plants, looks great!

Yup, healthy again... I feel almost as strong as before... maybe a couple more days and I can start running and cycling again :) I was too busy these days to even think about it, but it's already late for planting out so there was no other way.
Sauce is going to be good, I'm finishing the last jar of previous Bhut sauce, and it's kicking ass -- I just hope that store bought tomato sauce won't ruin the taste much, naaah, it should be great ;)

Thank you. Plants are piling up somehow, but that's about it.... a few more on the garden and that should suffice for this season. Let me put it this way - if things are going to go well, I don't know who is going to can, pickle, dry, freeze and cook 'em. But if it's going to rain much, like last year, then there will not be any work to do :confused:

It's been two weeks and today I actually found some time to take a few pics of the current situation around the house.
Plants are getting bigger... some of them are having more problems with  the aphids than the others, but they'll probably all survive. It's a good year for aphids it seems, they're everywhere. Damn little buggers.

Balcony's twenty - they got used to the heat and strong sun and are growing well
balcony11062015.jpg

The most progress was made by Aji Amarillo - since this was the last plant sowed and was the littlest not so long ago. It has some big leaves and branches in the making.
ajiamarillo11062015.jpg

Aji Brazilian Starfish
brstarfish11062015.jpg

Goat's weed
goatsweed11062015.jpg

Goat's weed a little closer
gwcloseup11062015.jpg

Orange lantern - this one was stunted for awhile, but  recently started to grow again
orangelantern11062015.jpg

even Reaper is doing well
reaper11062015.jpg

Off the balcony to the onground pots...
Lemon drop
lemondrop11062015.jpg

Golden Cayenne is going to give me a nice one to try soon
goldencayenne11062015.jpg

Thai - getting full of pods but as you can see.. was also full of aphids not so long ago :evil:
thai11062015.jpg

Got pepperoncinos planted on the outside windowsill, two in a pot ... going to be used for decoration and when they're ripe for a nice salsa maybe...
pepperoncino11062015.jpg

Need to post this one... I'm not a big roses fan (except for original GN'R of course) - these are my mothers and they're quite nice looking - growing from the ground well over the first floor balcony.
Oh, can you see in the background... cherries are starting to ripen :)
rosescherries11062015.jpg

That's it for today... maybe in a few days I can take a pic or two from that 'ol garden of mine... thanks for watching.

Been rainy for a few days now and my pepper plants are soaking in the long awaited humidity. If the rain continues tomorrow, I'll put the pots under the balcony because I wouldn't want to over water much... The balcony plants have grown significantly over the last week, but will post some pics of them in my next update... probably before I leave on the 25th and take my family to the sea for a week.

In the meantime ... tomatoes in the greenhouse are doing well and are flowering and also growing some pods.
greenhouse19062015.jpg

beefsteak19062015.jpg

tomatoes19062015.jpg

Also, the most prolific basil plants I have are positioned in between those tomatoes in the greenhouse.
basilone19062015.jpg

basiltwo19062015.jpg

basilthree19062015.jpg

Still raining, but tomorrow it's going to stop and longer period of sunny weather is supposed to hit in. I won't post any of the garden pics, because peppers there are a catastrophy :rolleyes: --- will try to make some photos when we come back from vacation by the end of next weekend. Maybe this rain will make them grow a little more, who knows.

In the meantime, back at home, the plants in the pots are doing well.
The balcony...

7pot Brain Strain Red
7potbsred23062015.jpg

Aji Amarillo
ajiamarillo23062015.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
bhutjolokia23062015.jpg

Bonda ma Jacques
bmj23062015.jpg

Devil's Tounge - plenty of flowers in the making
devilstounge23062015.jpg

Habanero Chocolate - this one was topped, of course half of the work was done by aphids.
If this one is going to grow any similar than the Fatalii last year (also topped), then I have nothing to worry about.
habchocolate23062015.jpg

Brazilian Red Pumpkin
brredpumpkin23062015.jpg

Brazilian Starfish
brstarfish23062015.jpg

Goats weed
goatsweed23062015.jpg

moving to the on ground pots/plants
onground23062015.jpg

Lemon Drop
lemondrop23062015.jpg

Serrano
serrano23062015.jpg

Serrano is getting big and setting flowers
serranoflower23062015.jpg

I'm gonna finish this one with a Lemontree's flower, it's a beauty... and the smell... spectacular
lemonflower23062015.jpg

Came back from the sea yesterday... slight improvement on the garden peppers (got just a few ripe pods - see below), great progress on potted peppers - devils tounge is pushing out a lot of pods, so are some of the others. Tomatoes are doing great, picked a few quite big zucchini's. Will post some pics by the end of the weekend if I find the time. The older son is celebrating these days, 5 years.
:cheers:

First "harvest" this season - three Thai's and one Golden Cayenne
firstpick04072015.jpg

Wife and I each tried one Thai about 15 minutes ago. It has a lovely taste and quite a decent burn. Good first impression. Gonna try the Golden Cayenne later on.

That Golden Cayenne from the upper post was one nasty Cayenne... The burn comes in about 20 secs and lasts almost 10 minutes. I won't comment on the taste, because this one was not as ripe as I would liked it to be, let's just say I will def. eat another one as soon as it ripens.

Let me start with my embarrassing pepper patch in the old garden... it's like I planted them and then just let them dry out ... I'll just let them be and if they'll grow, they'll grow. Maybe I should stuck with pots exclusively in the future.
pepperpatch06072015.jpg

The rest of the garden looks a lot better
garden06072015.jpg

Zucchini's are growing fine
zucchinis06072015.jpg

So are tomatoes and cucumbers by the house wall
cucstomatoes06072015.jpg

Beefsteak's
beefsteak06072015.jpg

Suntream's
sunstream06072015.jpg

and others...
tomatoes06072015.jpg

Even the potted Habanero Chocolate is showing some progress lately
chocohab06072015.jpg

I'm having some vole problems, they seem to eat the roots... it chose a few of my peppers and two cucumber plants until now... Dammit! I planted traps but nothing yet... maybe they're smart. It's a beautiful animal, but it can make you hate it's guts for sure.
:flamethrower:

A batch of pics from the balcony... it's a nice progress in the last 14 days

Aji Amarillo - still a bit thirsty in this picture, but it got really big - waiting for flowers
ajiamarillo09072015.jpg

Brazilian Starfish - also waiting for flowers (that's a Baccatum thing right? late flowering stage and longer seasons)
brstarfish09072015.jpg

Goats Weed - plenty of pods in the making and a lot of flowers
goatsweed09072015.jpg

Moruga Red TS
morugared09072015.jpg

Reaper
reaper09072015.jpg

Bhut Jolokia - it started slowly but now it's picking it's pace
bhut09072015.jpg

Bonda ma Jacques
bondamajacques09072015.jpg

Caribbean Red Hab. - it's so much smaller than the others
crhabanero09072015.jpg

Devil's Tounge - now this is how I like 'em
devilstounge09072015.jpg

Dorset Naga
dorsetnaga09072015.jpg

Habanero White - small but bushy
habwhite09072015.jpg

Orange Lantern
orangelantern09072015.jpg

... the Serrano from the on-ground pot has a lot of flowers... I wish that was the case with the Serranos from the garden, but sadly they're way behind
serrano09072015.jpg

The heat is over (over 35°C a few times) and we're having a rainy week at the moment. Peppers really took off, even in the garden. But the garden update will come later. I'm just showing a few pod pictures for now.

Goats weed (white) - bigger pods, not entirely black
whitegw27072015.jpg

Goats weed (purple) - classic shaped upright growing pods, but more purple foliage
purplegw27072015.jpg

This is supposed to be a Reaper
reaper27072015.jpg

Orange lantern
orangelantern27072015.jpg

Lemon drop
lemondrop27072015.jpg

Devil's tounge - by far has the most pods in the making
devilstounge27072015.jpg

Chupetinho
chupetinho27072015.jpg

Cherry bomb
cherrybomb27072015.jpg

Bonda ma Jacques
bmj27072015.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
bhutjolokia27072015.jpg

As chili
aschile27072015.jpg

Aji Umba - this one's early pods are looking like it got crossed with a Bhut but we'll see how it turns out
ajiumba27072015.jpg

I took a photo of the balcony from the upper floor.... it's a weird angle, but it shows how much they've grown. So far so good.
thebalcony27072015.jpg

tsurrie said:

This is supposed to be a Reaper
Cheap observation: guess it isn't...:p
Really beautiful photos!
I wonder if Goat's Weed pods from different flower color plants will have difference in heat/taste.

Essegi said:
Cheap observation: guess it isn't... :P
Really beautiful photos!
I wonder if Goat's Weed pods from different flower color plants will have difference in heat/taste.

It doesn't look like it does it ? :) Well, whatever it is, a cross or another plant, it will be interesting to try it.
Goat's weed plants are very interesting ... the bright one is having much larger pods than they should be, but more "real" foliage. The purple one is having more "real" pods, but ... I think I should not call them Goat's weed anymore -> they're not even having as fuzzy stems and leaves as their predecessors.

Thanks for looking.

The garden update. Everything looks a lot better than three weeks ago. I just hope there will be some ripe pods by the end of the season, because most plants just started producing pods - some are still just flowering. They were stunted for so long.. well, what the hell. It's still nice to see 'em grow.

The pepper area
pepperarea30072015.jpg

from the other side
pepperareab30072015.jpg

been eating tomatoes for a while now... they're delicious.. will post pics of a huge beefsteak from home when I pick it
tomatoes30072015.jpg

Habanero Chocolate is kickin' azz in the big pot
chocohab30072015.jpg

Habanero Chocolate pods
chocohabpods30072015.jpg

Cucumbers (growing strong) and tomatoes by the wall
cucstomatoes30072015.jpg

Brazilian Starfish
brstarfish30072015.jpg

Serrano
serrano30072015.jpg

this is supposed to be Caribbean Red Habanero
crhabanero30072015.jpg

cucumbers are just hangin' around
cucumbers30072015.jpg

Kapija
kapija30072015.jpg

picked a zucc n' cucs today, but no peppers
nonpeppers30072015.jpg

:)

Picked this beefsteak from the greenhouse today.. actually thought it's going to be over 1 kilo... but it looked bigger on the plant I guess
This is the "Pink variety" that kouts5 sent me seeds for from Greece... On the sunlight it actually shows some pink/purple coloration that is not really visible on this photo
beefsteak01082015.jpg

also decided to pick a few Jalapenos and two Fresnos from the garden
It was pizza day so they came handy... they were delicious
jalapeno01082015.jpg

The small Jalapeno with stretch marks was tested first, and it was flavorful with a nice mellow heat.
jalapenocut01082015.jpg

Back