• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Variety you are most excited about for 2016

The only thing pepper wise is two maybe three very rare wilds C. lanceolatum and C. tovarii I really want to get some C. flexuosum last time I checked the two vendors that had them were out so maybe a no grow this year.
I'm growing the Reaper from two sources and the Brown Moruga and maybe a Primo.
I will be growing several wilds other than the above, some C. praetermissum  and C. eximiums and a C. galapagoense all nice wilds , nearly traded them out as I over did it and now just have a small amount of seeds of those left now.

I'm just looking forward to growing peppers period.  Last year I made my own mix and it was a disaster.  All of them failed to thrive.  The few that I put in
a purchased mix did well.  Not doing that again.

Buzzman19 said:

The Red Congo is one awesome pepper, best habanero type sauce pepper there is!

I love it too but i was buisy and didnt made a sauce with it  :tear:

I only made powder out of it. Next time i will look for some hot-sauce recipes.

Yea I didn't last very long sticking with what works. Just ordered a new white hot pepper (Murupi Amarela) and one that's been hard for me to find (Pimenta de Neyde) on Tradewinds seeds. I'm just a sucker for whats new or rare.

Being new to growing superhots (pretty much new to growing anything outside of cayennes/thai), all that I am growing will be fun.

Carolina Reaper and Trinidan Scorpion Yellow Cardi stand out.

robbyjoe01 said:
Yea I didn't last very long sticking with what works. Just ordered a new white hot pepper (Murupi Amarela)

Check out Nigel's review of the Murupi Amarela here.  I obtained seeds after I saw that and have been growing them the past two years.  They are a main ingredient of my Old Bones (white pod) hot sauce.  

They are great!  Versatile enough to dice into stir frys or to top nachos with a nice clean long lasting front of the mouth burn.  One of my favorites for sure.  :)

Back