• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vegas's Glog... Aerogarden is a success! Winter preparations are almost set!

Ok here we go, this will be my first year growing chilies. I've already started, but I needed a place to document so here's my list:

-7 pot white (Old Barn Nursery)
-7 pot yellow (SanPatricio)
-7 pot red (SanPatricio)
-7pot Jonah (SanPatricio)
-El oro de Ecuador ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Thai white (CG, Squash1544)
-Caribbean red habanero ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Choco habanero ( Old Barn Nursery)
-habanero red/yellow (Burpee® seed pack)
-Brown bhut (SanPatricio)
-Peach bhut/scorpion mixed seeds (SanPatricio)
-Thai hot (cousin's nursery)
-White habanero (eBay, award winning seed)
-Trinidad perfume ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Tepin (store pods)
-Pequin (store pods)

Wanted :

-Choco bonnet
-Choco hand grenade (ajijoe)
-Peach habanero
-Lemon habanero
-Jamaican Scotch bonnet

That's about it. If anyone has seeds that I want PM me or post. I have seeds that I can trade. I'll probably do PayPal, only if I can't really get them or they're hard to obtain. Thanks for looking.

,Vegas

Ooops, sorry about the mispelling! I'm hoping at least one of mine makes it to adulthood this time around, but if not, I'd love to have some fresh pods!

My first attempt to making tea, actually it's an experiment. I have a "Jobe's organics with Biozome" and it has beneficial bacteria, some other thing and mycorrhizae as well as some organic matter such as chicken crap, feathers and other stuff (all organic) . So I'm gona experiment with it a lil bit, and I have some perfect candidates for the test.

2 hours.

IMG_20130318_133029.jpg

6 Hours.

IMG_20130318_180358.jpg

I this little guy almost getting squashed by people walking around my apartment area so I actually saved that bugger's life. It seems to like the 7 Pot White ;). I put a sugary wet cotton ball and it also seems to like it. I really hope it stays and if it leaves oh well. That's mother nature.

IMG_20130318_174632.jpg

,Vegas

Ok time for an update. I really thought about using Pro~mix® too much. That took it's toll LOL! I should of used it since day one. Anyway these things are starting to grow like weeds since I put them in Pro~Mix® and been giving them tea instead of water.

Pics ( parenthesis is the seed source) .

Burgundy Bonnet ( Megaspokaneman)

IMG_20130325_083703.jpg

Bhut Yellow ( Sali)

IMG_20130325_083803.jpg

Naga Morich ( justaguy)

IMG_20130325_083857.jpg

7 Pot Yellow Large (Melissa)

IMG_20130325_084110.jpg

Tasmanian Habanero (Nvitellaro, CG)

IMG_20130325_084311.jpg

Choco Habanero ( Old Barn Nursery)(100% germ BTW :D)

IMG_20130325_084554.jpg

Pepper Joe's Scotch Bonnet. ( Sudostahp)

IMG_20130325_084806.jpg

T. Scorpion CARDI. ( Megaspokaneman)

IMG_20130325_084955.jpg

Bahamian Goat. ( Megaspokaneman)

IMG_20130325_085347.jpg

Thanks for looking, :fireball:

,Vegas

Ok I know I been slacking off and not posting what I'm actually growing. So here's my official list.

-7 Pot White
-7 Pot Yellow
-7 Pot yellow (Large)
-7 Pot Jonah
-7 Pot CARDI
-Billy boy Jonah
-Billy boy Douglah
-Brain strain yellow
-Butch T
-TS CARDI
-TS Choco
-TS Moruga Blend
-TS original strain
-Bhut Choco
-Bhut Carbon
-Bhut Yellow
-Bhut Peach
-Naga Morich
-Choco "big bang" Naga
-Naga Viper
-Burgundy bonnet
-Choco bonnet
-Yellow bonnet (Pepper Joe's)
-El oro de Ecuador
-Red Brazilian starfish (bonchi)
-Chapeau de Frade (bonchi)
-Bahamian goat
-Habanero Tasmanian
-Habanero chocolate
-Habanero white (Peruvian)
-Habanero peach
-Habanero chocolate huge twisted
-Caribbean Red
-Choco Habajolokia
-Tepin
-Fatalii
-Fatalii white
-Mucho Nacho Jalapeño

I might be missing one or 2 :D.

Random pics.

El oro de Ecuador flower.

20130404_164638.jpg

Mucho nacho jalapeño flower.

20130404_164854.jpg

Tepin

20130403_210549.jpg

Group shot.

20130404_181810.jpg

My bonchi.

20130404_205207.jpg

More to come :fireball:

, Vegas

So I've been hiding a bit there lol! I had some yellowing going on and I put my bet on overwatering, so I didn't water for almost 2 weeks and now it seems to be correcting itself.

The reason for overwatering was that since I started using red cups I started watering differently because the soil wouldn't absorb the water as it did before so I actually had been dipping the whole on water and giving too much water.

Good news is that my last batch (Hopefully :D) is doing awesome, on to the pics.

First pod:

IMG_20130429_024211-1.jpg

Babies:

IMG_20130429_024612.jpg

IMG_20130429_024804.jpg

IMG_20130429_024947.jpg

IMG_20130429_025151.jpg

IMG_20130429_025349.jpg

IMG_20130429_025613.jpg

IMG_20130429_025725.jpg

Someone shoot me a bump, I have more baby pics :).

, Vegas

Not much better today. Taking it easy though.
I got a few that are a bit root bound and soil compacted that are holding too much water. They are yellowing up too. Trying to keep an eye on them and let them dry out.
Like that big bang with the one big leaf. Neat stage of growth.

Not much better today. Taking it easy though.
I got a few that are a bit root bound and soil compacted that are holding too much water. They are yellowing up too. Trying to keep an eye on them and let them dry out.
Like that big bang with the one big leaf. Neat stage of growth.

Thanks, hopefully all that back pain goes away. Since I'm growing in containers one of those will get an 18 gallon pot or both on 15's. I have a friend from work who offered me space for helping him get his garden done.

I got 2 X 18 gallon pots and about 7 X 15 gallon, and I look at those and now I realize how small the 5 gallon are. there's nothing I can do tho I don't have space except at my friends house.

If you notice both of the big bangs where in a single cell and now separated and growing strong with no sign of stress.

Later and take care.

, Vegas

No big deal with the yellowing, squeeze the cup, remove the plant and add some soil/soiless medium to the bottom of the solo. Replace the plant and all should be well. You do have extra space up to the rim of the cup. The new growth looks normal. More drainage holes may be needed since the cups are designed more vertical than squat...............I think beer drinking had something to do with that !

No big deal with the yellowing, squeeze the cup, remove the plant and add some soil/soiless medium to the bottom of the solo. Replace the plant and all should be well. You do have extra space up to the rim of the cup. The new growth looks normal. More drainage holes may be needed since the cups are designed more vertical than squat...............I think beer drinking had something to do with that !

Cool thanks, I'm gonna try it with some. Right now I'm sorting and thinking which ones I want the most and which ones I want to give away or plant them in 15 gallon pots at my friends house. It's kinda hard because I want all, but I just can't....

Oh well it's my first and I just hope to taste most and next year just grow what I like. Every pepper I'm growing is new to me and I really hope I can get at just a few to taste and see which ones produce better.

, Vegas

Ok I read, looks great!

Now I need an update :dance:

Thanks for the bump man! I've been busy with work and family or maybe I'm just being lazy lol!

So I followed what PIC 1 said. I took them out of the cup just to see that most were root bounded and the roots didn't look too good because of overwatering I guess. Here's a couple shots of the roots.

20130505_204628.jpg

20130505_203023.jpg

Here's my theory, it might have been a simple mistake or something, but here's what I think.

When I separated and potted up some seedlings I buried them deeper up to the cotyledons so they were growing great and all til the 3rd week, then they became stunted and started to yellow out. Basically they ran out of root space specially in soil with mycos. Here's a crappy drawing of what I mean lol.

20130512_001444.jpg

And here's a mild update on the youngest and last ones I sowed. As for these I kinda made a soil mix with equal parts of coco, promix, old miracle grow soil, and the "wasted" stuff from my AACT. So far this is the best I've done and I'm still learning towards mixing soil. A few days ago I also bought some worm castings and some 1 gal. Grow bags to pot up a few.

Pics:

20130510_190541.jpg

20130510_190723.jpg

20130510_190924.jpg

20130510_190951.jpg

Tepin wanting to start flowering.

20130510_191041.jpg

I need a bump, update isn't over lol.

, Vegas

Bump. Nice updates

Keep up the good work. Maybe when Shane and I visit Vegas we can have a kick back

Thanks King, that would be cool. Around what time of year you plan on coming? I wouldn't really recommend in the summer, because it's just too hard to enjoy anything in the blazing heat. It sometimes gets to 110º+... When you go out on a windy day it feels like when you open an oven to check on the turkey lol.

Just Lmk when you're planning on coming so we can meet somewhere and chill. I need to take a look at your glog, I been really behind on everyones... Work schedule is too funky and having to spend some time with my 7 month old.

, Vegas

Back