• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! frydad4's Wild Waffle Throwdown

Vote for the best waffle creation.

• geeme - Is Dan The Man?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JoeyK - Aus-Espanya Waffle

• wheebz - wheebz giant waffle finger disaster

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waffles and "hot" chocolate

Ingredients:
Pistachios
Plain waffles
French vanilla ice cream
Italian orange condiment
Orange
Chili
Mint leaves
Dark Ghana chocolate
Dark block chocolate

Cooking method:
Finely chop chili's and zest orange. put to side. melt both blocks of chocolate with some of the chopped up chili. Toast waffles and cover with the "hot chocolate". leave in a cool place to set. toast pistachios and chop up. when chocolate is set, put pistachios, ice cream, mint, chili, orange zest and the orange condiment on where you want it.

Final Pic
DSCF0097.jpg

well its now sunday morning, and we only have, what, 4 entries?

im doing mine tomorrow, and even though im going to probably make 2 different dishes, i will only enter one

ill give you a hint

they both use waffles :shady:

geeme, 10:24 local time=time to rally!

I spent a good portion of the day trimming and transferring chile plants to try to over-winter, now back to TD stuff! It's late, I need to rally.....time for a home-recipe Bloody Mary and time to heat up the CI!!

ill give you a hint

they both use waffles :shady:

Geee, YA THINK?!?!???

Just Kidding, WHEEBZ! :) I know it'll be killer, whatever you post. SL

IS DAN THE MAN?

Let's start by candying some peppers, using RichardK's recipe of peppers, sugar, and lime juice....
td01.jpg

The plain-old Cornmeal Cocoa Waffles:
td03.jpg

Cornmeal Cocoa Waffles:
3/4 Cup flour plus 3/4 Cup cornmeal
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
ground coriander
cayenne powder
cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
2 oz. butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 oz. buttermilk at room temp
4 oz. chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Whisk dry ingreds in a medium bowl. In separate bowl combine all except buttermilk, then add buttermilk. Add wet ingredients to dry, then stir to combine. Stir in choco chips, then let rest 5 mins.

Let's make some fresh raspberry sauce:
td04.jpg

Raspberry Sauce:
2 pints fresh raspberries
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Cook in a saucepan about 10 minutes, then strain to remove seeds.

And some vanilla-bean custard sauce....
td05.jpg

Vanilla Bean Custard Sauce:
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
pinch of kosher salt
3/4 Cup milk
1 egg yolk
Vanilla bean
Whisk sugar, cornstarch and salt together in saucepan. Add milk and vanilla bean and cook on low until almost boiling, then remove from heat. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk. Whisk some milk mix into the egg, then whisk egg into remaining milk mix. Cook over low until sauce begins to thicken, but do not boil.

Just a touch of peppers: jalapeno and crushed candied Trin Perfs:
td06.jpg

Now start the assemblage - cocoa waffle, first with raspberry sauce.... dollop of chocolate ice cream....
td07.jpg
td08.jpg

Sprinkle on some diced jalapeno and vanilla bean custard sauce....
td09.jpg

Repeat with another waffle, another scoop of choco ice cream, jalapenos, and custard sauce. Then add another waffle, more raspberry sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkle of candied peppers:
td10.jpg

Finished heart-attack-on-a-plate:
td11.jpg

Starting to melt pretty badly at this point, but it made one fine-tasting mess on a plate!

Salsalady's 3:00AM Redeye Special!

After a night of fun, this will kick in to kick out the RedEye and make everything Goood!

Basic waffle mix with fatalii powder and fresh 7 pod

Redeye Gravy- bacon, black pepper, flour, fatalii powder and fresh 7 pod

Sunny Side Up Eggs- to get the rest of the day off to a happy start! with Ghost Fire hot sauce and fresh 7 Pod

Generous rasher of Bacon-

Homemade Bloody Mary- tomato juice, vodka.......is there something else in that drink??? OH YES! 2 dashes Worchestershire sauce, 2 dashes fatalii powder, 1 glug Ghost Fire sauce and a smidge of puree.

Ingredients-
16b57c59.jpg

Happy Bacon-
4f9fbb80.jpg

more bacon-
dce0244c.jpg

gravy with fatalii, and 7 Pod added later -
87b0d98c.jpg

batter with 7 Pod-
a43bc7df.jpg

the main attraction-
93621227.jpg

The 3:00AM Special!

Redeye Gravy with hot peppers over chile pepper waffle with a rasher of bacon, 2 Sunny Side Up Dunkers and a House-Special Bloody Mary.

af7fdd9f.jpg

bc48b762.jpg

6fcc0df4.jpg

Good thing it's daylight savings weekend here in the States. Gives y'all another hour to enjoy the goodness!

Say G'Night, Gracie~~~

Very nice entries thus far!!

I'll take HSL's for the entree, and chomp down geeme's for dessert! :woohoo:

Seriously....ALL the entries rock!!!

Tried to leave a comment on your page but I must be on your ignore list. And I am a sweetie pi!

No - it's there. Or at least, I can see it.... And yes, you are - thanks for keeping an eye out!

Edit: hahaha - it's also in the pic of the waffle iron - that little tiny thing next to the twist-tie in the upper-right corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back