• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! JERK THROWDOWN INDEPENDENCE WEEKEND

Who's the best JERK? Does not need to be 100% authenic, originality and awesomeness+

• Pepperfreak's Jamaican Jerk Grilled Kabobs

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • THP's Bloody Jerk

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • JayT's Jerk Surf and Turf

• Quad's Jerk-Seasoned Fish Cakes w/ ApricotMangoHab Chutney

• Bam's First Jerk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Passow Thinks Bugs Bunny is a Jerk

• TB's Notorious Jerk Chicken

• Omri's Stew for Drunks

• SumOfMyBits Jerked Chicken Nuts

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • frydad4's Jerked and Pulled Pork with Coco Bread and Jicama Slaw

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • AJ's Jamaican Jerk Pork Loin South Mississippi Style

• SumOfMyBits Spatch-Cocked The Right Way

• Pepperfreak's Jerk Chicken

• Fivestar's Jerk Spread

• THP's Jerk In A Skirt w/Jerk Yuca Fries

• TB's Jerked Alaskan King Salmon and Prawns with Jerk Black Beans and Goat Cheese.

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, wish I lived somewhere where I could get me some banana leaves! My presentation is going to take a back seat to the previous entries. However, if we could have a taste off, I'll take mine till the F*$@in wheels fall off! Here it is, and it burned my face off. Jerk Ribs with 4 cheese and country sausage poppers, with a side of Bleu cheese and Bacon potato salad. I'm too drunk to expound on this any further. Think I'll drink another shot of Jager if these pic upload just to celebrate! Enjoy all, and have a great 4th!

And BTW, cheers to all the entries before mine. I've still got my money on JayT, that shit looks RAW SON!

4 cheese poppers to get the night started. Blurry cause I'm where I need to bee on the PBR!

DSCN0776.jpg

The Ribs after 6 hours on the smoker...

DSCN0782.jpg

And the spread! Happy 4th THP! To the best damn group of folks on the internet!

DSCN0780.jpg

Cracking hosky #1 now and starting to roast the corn and garlic.
Stone IPA, Duckfarts and tequila on the agenda to kill the ebola virus tryin' to stop my mojo from workin'. mrs. blues is feelin' under the weather as well.

I'm bringin'it!

Cheers, TB.

Just as a sidenote..I learned something.

Ya know those tins of "pumpkin pie" spice in the stores?

S6303537.jpg

They have nearly exactly the same ingredients as a "jerk" seasoning minus teh onion, garlic, chiles and sugar.

S6303536.jpg

So, I just made a "QuadJerked-MochaLatte"... :D

Just used the spice layered between the coffee grounds in the basket, then adding some of my chipotle cocoa and cane sugar to the drawn espresso...for da chocolatly chiles dey be goood 'Mon.

Threw into some waiting iced milk with a few drops of vanilla and was damn excellent!

S6303549.jpg

Fun!

FiveStar said:
Bwahahahah! TB, I expect to see perfectly layered duckfart pics tonight Boy-eee!

Did that last night....dunno if I have enough Bailey's left. Damn! Wait! I have cream and vodka and tequila. Maybe a russian or mexican duckfart!!

Cheers, TB.

Shit! Somehow, I missed the duckfart pic!

TB, many props my Ninja, that Duckfart is perfectly layered and is a tall shot ofWIN!

May I washeth the feet of my alcoholic savior? I anoiteth thine head with tequila!

Jerk In A Skirt

Jerk In A Skirt is a Jamaican steak frite.

A skirt steak marinated in authentic jerk wet rub, dark rum, and Bloody Jerk mix (see my previous entry for recipe).

Served with grilled jerk yuca fries.

In a Caribbean sauce made entirely on the grill (guava nectar, bananas, kiwi fruit (because I had them), peppers, and dark rum).

attachment.php

Attachments

• jerk_in_a_skirt.jpg
    jerk_in_a_skirt.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 253
Your kung fu is pretty damn good THP! Love the brown splooge snake in the middle. MONEY! The Florida cats are gonna' be tough to beat though...where's Passow on this?

Five...wait for the Mexican Duckfart!

Cheers, TB.

Not sure if I will get in on this one but FiveStar has my vote so far.. :onfire:

whole Allspice, fresh peppers , fresh bunch of thyme and an overnight marinade gave him the edge for me so far.. then the rib pics were Killer. :cool:

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch here in Las Vegas. Last eve's festivities were not without there pitfalls and punji stick traps. I had only enough Baileys for one Duckfart. I grilled some habs and then went to grill some jerk spiced prawns. Out of gas. Thusly I summoned the dead spirit of Muddy Waters for his consul here in the Blues Kitchen and turned chaos into good juju and released in full force my complete bag of mojo...So now chid'rens I give you...

TB's Jerked Alaskan King Salmon and Prawns with Jerk Black Beans and Goat Cheese.

We begin with a variation of the Duckfart. This one is with Tequila in lieu of the traditional Crown Royal. I give you...THE MEXICAN DUCKFART.

0224-1.jpg

I had marinaded in the same jerk spice and sauce as the earlier entry a fine piece of tail I picked up from the local hippy seafood fishmonger. This is Kingalingus Chinookis! Also known as Alaskan King Salmon. The tail piece is revered by many to be the best cut from the fish other than the cheek. I marinaded for 36 hours and then into the smoker for 5 hours..

Behold it's culinary power..

0225-1.jpg

I then paired the salmon with jerk marinaded prawns. Intended for the grill, alas I ran out of gas. BUT...I cranked up the cast iron to save the WIN!

0226-1.jpg

Final money shots to come....

Cheers, TB.

I opted for one additional side dish to compliment the mayhem. I blended black beans, garlic, shallot, jerk marinade, minced grilled habanero, shredded tillamook cheddar and goat cheese.
Awesome!!

And now the money!!

A veritable culinary tractor beam to pull you in...dispense with knife and fork...go for the FEEDBAG!!

0228-1.jpg

One final up close and personal with a Stone IPA.

Succulent beyond mortal comprehension ya'll!

0227.jpg

Thus completes my final entry into Jerk World.

Get your jerk on and get down brown ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

Wow TB, that looks AMAZING! One question: Are the onion brushes to brush off excess AWESOME so you don't choke as it bounces down your throat?

FiveStar said:
Wow TB, that looks AMAZING! One question: Are the onion brushes to brush off excess AWESOME so you don't choke as it bounces down your throat?

No. The "green onion brushes" are shapeshifted Praying Mantis Kung Fu Masters containing the power of the Kingalingus Chinookis in a veritable Kung Fu Iron Fist Forcefield. Were it not so, that much awesomenessess could destroy the world!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
No. The "green onion brushes" are shapeshifted Praying Mantis Kung Fu Masters containing the power of the Kingalingus Chinookis in a veritable Kung Fu Iron Fist Forcefield. Were it not so, that much awesomenessess could destroy the world!

Cheers, TB.

Oh boy - is my face red! I read that as cunnilingus...

Great pictures of jour cooking everyone!

Poll is up! No more official entries!

Fantastic throwdown everyone! Many great jerk ideas came out of this... especially jerked drinks. Never thought I'd see that at the table. Keep jerking everyone!

Discuss here or in the social group?

I'd eat every last one of these dishes and love it. Like the throwdown concept and hope to participate sometime. I got to go w/ JayT's. A whole fish on the grill is always a win in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back