• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Who else get's into making pizzas!!

Sickmont said:
My best friend Nick(who is 135% real Italian)

curious as to how someone becomes 135% italian ?

I've only made homemade pizza once it was really good (sofar, plan on doing it again sometime)
the downside of it, it wasnt cheap to make compared to buying pizzas in the grocery store. I like supreme/garbage pizzas the one I made was stacked! (somewhere in the last spicy meal you made thread)

I havent made a pizza in a loooooooooooooooooong time! Perhaps that needs to change! Lets see pics of everyone's "creations" ;)

Sickmont said:
I believe for New York style thin crust that yes, it does.

hmm, I was hoping maybe for some kind of recipe for a better dough or if there was something to do with the dough.
well, I suppose I'll have to try making one during summer :P

A stone will help even a crappy oven.

Put the stone 1 inch from the broiler for 15 minutes or so, put the crust on the stone in the oven as hot as it will go, (preferably broil, but several inches from the element or gas)let the crust cook for a minute or 2 so that the top gets a little done.

THEN top it. putting toppings on a raw crust can result in soggy with lots of toppings or a crappy oven.

munchzilla said:
hmm, I was hoping maybe for some kind of recipe for a better dough or if there was something to do with the dough.
well, I suppose I'll have to try making one during summer :P

Here's one for ya...

The secret is in the stretching. It's just like the guys ya see hand-throwing it, just lots easier.

The Art of Making the Perfect Pizza Dough
http://www.recipezaar.com/The-Art-of-Making-the-Perfect-Pizza-Dough-236785

Works for oven or grilled pizza. :)

munchzilla said:
ohh. I'm pretty sure I'll find something like that. they're not too expensive right?

thanks a lot!

They are pretty cheap (a good one in OZ is about $25 AUD)....and given the extra quality you get by using one, they are a must.....

i just thought i wouldnt let this thread die. i mean its about PIZZA:mouthonfire:!!!

store bought crust
prebake at 550
add oil to edges add garlic salt
add paste,oregano,garlic,oil
add load of saracha,mozzerella and parmasan,onions, and some roasted peppers,onions,and sausage cooked in a bit of oil and saracha. finish baking at 550 until crispy (ohh...it was crizpee for sure!)
then consume
Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg
:)

ok while I was looking for some other old pics I came across my pizza pics & remember this thread.
so heres my only homemade pizza I've made so far, though I'll make somethign like this again!

DSCF1162.jpg

DSCF1169.jpg

CH I don't know what you've been smokin' but you need to give some to everyone here on THP! That pizza really is smokin' hot, blue and righteous! WOW! Great job. You even left all the fire i.e. placenta and seeds in the chilis after slicing. Nice!
What a coinky dinky too.....I made my Notorious Pizza Dough last night for pizza tonight in the Blues Kitchen.

Cheers, TB.

TB - I made that pizza several months ago, I found them while searching for other pics & remembered this thread.
I love garbage pizzas!
also this pizza was stacked w/ingredients! I have a pic of the meat layer but didnt post in this thread.
I also rubbed the bread w/olive oil & theres some herbs on it.
it was good!
except for those limes I threw on there, by choice, so I picked those off - I really like lime so I decided to try it & IMO they have no place on a pizza :lol:

as for the chile centers, I always use them! unless 2 reason.
- I'm saving them for seeds
- the insides are just huge, like in bells or jalapenos

Back