• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Who else get's into making pizzas!!

PhatManDerek said:
More like a throw-down :) and it would be very kick ass if we all got together and made pies in a contest form :)
You watch much too much Food Network!

I have come to love some CALZONE.........

The home made dough and toppings are far better spent inside a steamy case of doughy......that makes no farging sense.

The toppings are far better spent inside a home-made caseing of dough.....

Use tons of butter and a calzone is the only way to go.

thehotpepper.com said:
You watch much too much Food Network!
I plee the 5th sense it may incriminate me :)

cheezydemon said:
I have come to love some CALZONE.........

The home made dough and toppings are far better spent inside a steamy case of doughy......that makes no farging sense.

The toppings are far better spent inside a home-made caseing of dough.....

Use tons of butter and a calzone is the only way to go.
I personally don't like calzones I've never had a good calzone yet.

Calzones are delicious. Heck, they're just folder over pizza, but if you're in the mood, they're great. A Defcon pepperoni calzone is amazing (yes, have had).

We always have fresh pizza here....My wife works for a local pizza shop that does the National Pizza Competitions. They have a few winners. Everytime her boss gets a wild idea and decides to try something new......he sends some home wife my wife for me to taste!! The last one was Smoked Sausage Kabob Pizza....had a decent flavor but not an award winner. He went to a competition with it and they said the same thing....but he comes up with some great things .....nothing hot though??? I keep sending hot sauces with my wife and they keep saying too hot.... I dunno...

Pizza is definitely my favorite pie and great to make from scratch! I gotta start making my own crust again, I haven't done my own since I had a bread-maker which made it quite easy. I'm also always working on perfecting a pizza sauce and hope to can a tonne of it this fall, as well as attempting to make a decent pizza pepperoni. I also want to start growing gourmet mushrooms again, but probably not until fall/winter when I have more time. I just love mushrooms on pizza. Oh ya, and some freshly smoked bacon would go nice too.

Dyce51 said:
smokehouse pizza?? Can't wait to see this! Is it summer yet? lol
Close but it's not here yet!

Dyce51 said:
We always have fresh pizza here....My wife works for a local pizza shop that does the National Pizza Competitions. They have a few winners. Everytime her boss gets a wild idea and decides to try something new......he sends some home wife my wife for me to taste!! The last one was Smoked Sausage Kabob Pizza....had a decent flavor but not an award winner. He went to a competition with it and they said the same thing....but he comes up with some great things .....nothing hot though??? I keep sending hot sauces with my wife and they keep saying too hot.... I dunno...
Hey get me in the pizza competition I would at least come in third :)

POTAWIE said:
Pizza is definitely my favorite pie and great to make from scratch! I gotta start making my own crust again, I haven't done my own since I had a bread-maker which made it quite easy. I'm also always working on perfecting a pizza sauce and hope to can a tonne of it this fall, as well as attempting to make a decent pizza pepperoni. I also want to start growing gourmet mushrooms again, but probably not until fall/winter when I have more time. I just love mushrooms on pizza. Oh ya, and some freshly smoked bacon would go nice too.
Smokehouse bacon does sound very good!

phat - I'm sorry for being a ass yesterday. people can still make good pizzas using store bought dough, its a convenience thing.

chilehunter said:
phat - I'm sorry for being a ass yesterday. people can still make good pizzas using store bought dough, its a convenience thing.
Its ok mate, Like I said in pm it's cool and I'm used too it!

I love making pizza's at my house. But I usually buy the dough premade. Of course once it's done I always throw some type of hot sauce on it.

Back