• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I was out west Sydney today, was about 40c. Tomorrow out west is looking like 42c. :hot: Lucky where I live in the east. When I got home it was about 5c cooler. I got a feeling this is going to be an awesome summer. Better make sure we all drink enough fluids. :beer:

The plants in the tent are suffering Gas, i cant open up both ends anymore so its like an oven inside, i fired up the pump from the river & drowned everything inside, poor plants.

Mezo.

I think Tuesday is supposed to be hotter again ... 37 in brizzy so inland will be looking at 40 C and then storms for the avo.

I have my liquid lime sulfur ready to go to nuke whatever mites think they have found a decent home on my plants but I have to wait for these temps to drop before I can do anything and meanwhile my friggin plants look uglier by the day!! I think they also have powdery mildew which adds to ugly plants .... arggggg!!!

Plus side of things = a good portion of plants are flowering and podding and especially my Bahamian goat pepper is cranking pods. Bad again is it looks like I might lose 2-4 of my plants to pests or powdery mildew

Got my pint of ice cold Guinness ... doing my best to increase my fluids as we speak

It's bizzare isn't it.
You guys are getting heat waves which we normally have over here in WA and we have just had 3 days of rain with 20 Deg.C heat!
Now my plants are waterlogged!!
Ahh the fun of growing!

Micca

My plants are loving the extra heat it seems I've finally got some good growth on some of the plants that have been sluggish :D

Must be the carbon tax. :D

My plants are doing great in this weather. This humiditity is killing me, don't think I'm going to sleep tonight.

Reactions: nee
Definately does sound like perth weather.
Get a few days in a row over 40 and hot nights everybody starts going a bit troppo :crazy:

Micca

Definately does sound like perth weather.
Get a few days in a row over 40 and hot nights everybody starts going a bit troppo :crazy:

Micca

Yeah you notice it at work when you have had a few nights with high temps and humidity and nobody can be bothered with anyone else Shiite at all. Frayed tempers all round :D

Yep thats the one.
Hopefully it will cool off a bit for you guys, we don't like it and the Chilli just plain hate it.
Tend to get lots of pod droppage when it stays that bloody hot too.

Micca

I was out west Sydney today, was about 40c. Tomorrow out west is looking like 42c.

Yeah, it got to 39 here today (not far from Richmond), and tomorrow sounds like it going to be a shocker with the heat and following storm.

I pulled my last 5 plants (Padron, Jalapeno, Aji Lemon, Fatali and Bhut) inside.

From the way things are shaping up for this summer, I might just take them out in the mornings for a few hours.

Yeah, it got to 39 here today (not far from Richmond), and tomorrow sounds like it going to be a shocker with the heat and following storm.

I pulled my last 5 plants (Padron, Jalapeno, Aji Lemon, Fatali and Bhut) inside.

From the way things are shaping up for this summer, I might just take them out in the mornings for a few hours.

This morning we had some cloud cover, I managed to get some gardening in before it cleared. I got myself stuck in the sun moving my plants about while mowing and pulling out weeds around my pots. Thinking about getting concrete blocks from bunnings and laying them down to sit my pots on. Currently I have them sitting on tiles, and I'm not real happy with it. Surprising the sun didn't knock about my plants as much as I thought it would. But then the sun didnt hit them until after 10am.

Yep thats the one.
Hopefully it will cool off a bit for you guys, we don't like it and the Chilli just plain hate it.
Tend to get lots of pod droppage when it stays that bloody hot too.

Micca

Yeah, and don't forget sun scald! Threw away a good whack of pods today that starting roasting on my plants. :mad:

I want winter back. Brissy winter is great for growing. Sure plants grow a little bit slower but you can whack 'em out in full sun and not worry about them yellowing to the craphouse and loosing all their leaves.... and best of all, no stinkin' rotten fruit fly!

That sucks Gas. I hate loosing pods unless there's a crapload of them.
Shade cloth, shade cloth and more shade cloth, finding shady areas ahhh!!!!!!!!

Best of luck mate.

Micca

Yeah, and don't forget sun scald! Threw away a good whack of pods today that starting roasting on my plants. :mad:

I want winter back. Brissy winter is great for growing. Sure plants grow a little bit slower but you can whack 'em out in full sun and not worry about them yellowing to the craphouse and loosing all their leaves.... and best of all, no stinkin' rotten fruit fly!
Mmm bop :)

Getting excited jungle rain black stinger survived the storm and starting to flower
DF07458B-A8A6-4116-B986-D5311E72EFEA-503-00000194531BE29B.jpg

And just rub me jalapeño with its pollen , oh yeah let's get funky!!! Lol I'm pissed

Ok turns out I'm allergic to Chilli pollen to lol hay fever to the max ... Where's me beer

Shabooey bop bop

DFE564FF-67D3-4874-9853-12A96FDBAB46-503-000001976030E552.jpg

Gas them now lol they still look gay lol not there is anything wrong with that

Heres a quote from Family guy :rofl:
Peter: If you could be stranded on a desert island with any woman in the world, who would it be?
Glen Quagmire: Taylor Hanson.
Joe Swanson: Taylor Hanson is a guy.
Glen Quagmire: [Laughs] You guys are yankin' me. "Hey, let's put one over on Quagmire."
Peter: No, he's actually a guy, Quagmire.
Glen Quagmire: What? That's insane. That's impossible.
[Pause]
Glen Quagmire: Oh god. Oh my god. I've got all these magazines. Oh god.

Tried to get the video from utube but couldn't find it.

Back