• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 Grow Log

Txclosetgrower said:
Video explaining a bit about my system:

great now I'm going to have to post a video to explain why I'm not an idiot for paying for something manufactured.:party::violin:

Looks good, that pump is running strong. How are you going to run your irrigation cycles? I hear 30 minutes on 1 hour off (daytime) is good in a drip system and off at night, but I can't really find any info specific to peppers.

FiveSix said:
great now I'm going to have to post a video to explain why I'm not an idiot for paying for something manufactured.:party::violin:

Looks good, that pump is running strong. How are you going to run your irrigation cycles? I hear 30 minutes on 1 hour off (daytime) is good in a drip system and off at night, but I can't really find any info specific to peppers.

I'm thinking 15 minutes about 4 times a day. Also, dutch buckets hold about an inch of water in the bottom as a reservoir so that provides a bit of buffer. At least once the roots can reach the bottom.

Txclosetgrower said:
I'm thinking 15 minutes about 4 times a day. Also, dutch buckets hold about an inch of water in the bottom as a reservoir so that provides a bit of buffer. At least once the roots can reach the bottom.

True, I guess my waterfarm and your dutch pots will act the same way more or less when they reach the resovoir. However My system drips a lot slower though. When the roots his the water it's AIRSTONE TIME wooo.

I heard in your youtube vid you said you just planted seeds? That's gonna be hard to wait for those. Stay strong!!!:lol:

Yeah i started some in baggies

Cumari - C. chinense
Lemon Drop - C. baccatum
AJ Fatalii - C. chinense

and i'm also going to plant Beaver Dam seeds whenever they get here. They grow fast so I'm not worried about them getting a late start. It's a C. annumm.

Once the roots show they're going in my brand new, shorter, jiffy greenhouse in 2" rockwool cubes. My old greenhouse had a lid that was entirely too tall for use with fluorescents. Plus i'm worried it was contaminated from the previous batch. Threw it and a lot of other stuff away.

good to hear. You might have to wait a bit but it's worth it and since they're going indoors under lights. You also don't have to worry about being late for the spring it will be worth it in the long run!

Checked the baggies today and i had 2 lemon drop sprouts & 1 fatalii sprout. 1 of the lemon drop sprouts is almost all the way done sprouting so I'm glad I checked it. It is at the "n" shape stage. Anyway all 3 went into the rockwool cubes and underneath lights. So it looks like 2 lemon drops, 1 fatalii and 1 cumari(assuming i get a sprout). Going to have lots of yellow peppers.

Dude I was expecting pics of the new sprouts?... man don't you realize we hold you to a higher standard?... your awesome with the videos and everything... :)

Well the fatalii & 1 of the lemon drops are above ground. I had to help the fatalii remove its seed casing, and the other lemon drop looks like it might run out of steam before it pops out.

And still no germination for the cumaris. Looks like i'll be sticking a few more seeds in bags when I get home.

Hotpeppa said:
Hey dude,

how's the new system going ?

anymore pics ?

Nothing worth seeing yet. Still just tiny little suckers with cotyledons popping out of rockwool cubes. Although the fatalii has a couple 1mm-wide true leaves forming.

And that cumari takes its sweet f'ing time sprouting :(

3405116903_456a6e7cd6_b.jpg

Not too crazy about how the seedlings are doing in these rockwool cubes. And not havin much luck with the original varieties besides the fatalii. Fatalii is going in the system as soon as I finish the tent so definitely by weekend. Started some scorpions and they're looking good so far sprouted fast.

I'm probably gonna have a few empty pots for awhile cause I really want to grow a cumari and a few generous people offered to share new seeds :)

Txclosetgrower said:
Yeah i started some in baggies

Cumari - C. chinense
Lemon Drop - C. baccatum
AJ Fatalii - C. chinense

and i'm also going to plant Beaver Dam seeds whenever they get here. They grow fast so I'm not worried about them getting a late start. It's a C. annumm.

Once the roots show they're going in my brand new, shorter, jiffy greenhouse in 2" rockwool cubes. My old greenhouse had a lid that was entirely too tall for use with fluorescents. Plus i'm worried it was contaminated from the previous batch. Threw it and a lot of other stuff away.

Still plenty of time for those annums brother..Nice to see your 2009 season coming along sweetly my friend :)

excellent work TCG...hope your season gets in full swing soon...

Txclosetgrower said:
Nothing worth seeing yet. Still just tiny little suckers with cotyledons popping out of rockwool cubes. Although the fatalii has a couple 1mm-wide true leaves forming.

And that cumari takes its sweet f'ing time sprouting :(

O those damn Cumaris are a tease brother :)

Well it's almost finished I'm doing a test run to see how temps regulate with the fan. Thinking about mounting the fan at the top on the outside. I also can't decide of I should leave the top open or cover it with plastic. I think open would help keep temps down but might invite bugs in. Not sure what to do. Only about six inches of clearance from the ceiling.

Anyway her she is. I'll have it up and running by this evening.

3411869539_c2694930f5_b.jpg

Back