• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 Grow Log

Nice man, let me know how that coir works for you, im straight leca and they love it when they establish, but they seem to take a while to get comfortable in it.

The leca wasn't really wetting well and on the bag it even said to mix it with something that has better capillary action for a drip system. The coir gets wet throughout the whole pot now even though the drippers are right in the middle.

And I'm glad I found a way to use coco in this cause I love the shit :)

Good idea on the mix. I'll have to give that a try, the capillary action makes sense.

And that sign is classic, pretty funny. A good bilingual disclaimer.

I just set up 6 pots x 250mm wide layered with 50mm of leca then 175mm of a cocopeat/leca mix, 60/30 and the top layer 20mm leca in a recycling drip system. just testing it out for now, drip on for 10 mins every 3 hrs, feeding about 1 litre each pot, its just been going for 2 days now, the medium seems to be just damp, not too wet I think, its all under a 400w hps, the temp seems steady at 27c. How much and how often are you feeding yours Tcg?

JungleRain said:
I just set up 6 pots x 250mm wide layered with 50mm of leca then 175mm of a cocopeat/leca mix, 60/30 and the top layer 20mm leca in a recycling drip system. just testing it out for now, drip on for 10 mins every 3 hrs, feeding about 1 litre each pot, its just been going for 2 days now, the medium seems to be just damp, not too wet I think, its all under a 400w hps, the temp seems steady at 27c. How much and how often are you feeding yours Tcg?

The pump runs for 15 min once every 6hrs so far so good

Scorpion is coming right along:

3438336316_a5e67ce4bd.jpg

2 new lemon drop sprouts:
3437529129_21a1b2c25b.jpg

Pepper-Guru said:
Whats the point of mixing the stones with coir?

I was going to use straight LECA but it wasn't wetting all the way through. Like it would wet near the drippers but stay dry in the corner.

I noticed on the bag of LECA that it said for top-feed drip systems to mix it with something that has better capillary action (which i was already thinking about doing) so I did it and it works lol. Now the whole pot gets wet, even though the drippers are right in the center :)

You can see how i tried it first:
3414908398_886ef28b4f_b.jpg

Still growing. I guess kinda hard to see progress in these shitty pics, but i can tell each day when i get home :)

3443220532_2ccace0bcb.jpg

so far so good TX...

how maintenance free is your system ?

can you leave for a couple of weeks and not worry about it ?

Haven't had to top off yet and ph is holding within a good range so no need to adjust that either. Since I have a huge res and small plants still not much has changed since I filled it up.

But yeah,so far my only interaction is to watch the plants grow

Back