• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2010 Grow Thread Begins

millman, I've got peppers at so many different sizes and heights it's easier to do them one at a time instead. Besides I didn't think of doing it that way and I'm tired of mucking with it. Where were you a couple of days ago bro?:oops:

Ballz I'm afraid I'm going to have to pot them up again but I didn't want to. Seeing that we have two more months before I can put them outside. That and the rate at which the roots are growing.

I peeked in the overflow cup on this 7 pod primo strain and found this,

IMG_4258re.jpg

Some mad growth. I started saving my one gallon milk jugs, looks like I may need a few.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Nice grow right smack dab in the middle of your living room! Plants all look very healthy, you're on your way to a fantastic year with starts like those patrick. Good strong roots are the key to healthy productive peppers.

patrick said:
Ballz I'm afraid I'm going to have to pot them up again but I didn't want to. Seeing that we have two more months before I can put them outside. That and the rate at which the roots are growing.

I hear ya. I didn't want to pot up again either, but after seeing that massive root growth you've got going on, I think it's inevitable what we need to. 2 more months (2.5 for me) is a long time when you think about how it's only been 2 or so months since conception and look how far they've came already. I'd hate to see any growth stunted by waiting it out.

The plus side is that you'll probably have plants close to 2 feet tall to start the outdoors season off! You'll be laughing. The reward outweighs the costs so go for it.

Ballzworth said:
I hear ya. I didn't want to pot up again either, but after seeing that massive root growth you've got going on, I think it's inevitable what we need to. 2 more months (2.5 for me) is a long time when you think about how it's only been 2 or so months since conception and look how far they've came already. I'd hate to see any growth stunted by waiting it out.

The plus side is that you'll probably have plants close to 2 feet tall to start the outdoors season off! You'll be laughing. The reward outweighs the costs so go for it.

I really hope so Ballz. I don't mind working my tail off when the reward is good. You guys got me all excited and stuff.:lol: Come on spring!!

Time for an update.

Things are continuing to go well. I decided that saving one gallon milk jugs wasn't going to work, can't drink it fast enough, so I ordered 100 one gallon plastic pots from this place: http://plasticflowerpots.net/1gallonnewplasticflowerpotslotof100.aspx for a mere $23. The work will start as soon as they show up which is supposed to be tomorrow.

On to the pics!

I wanted to record some growth so what better way than with a tape measure and the plant? Someone else gets the credit for the idea, sorry for not remembering.

First up is a Bhut jolokia.

IMG_4297bj.jpg

They were staying quite short and bushy so I raised the light to stretch 'em out a bit.

Here's a Naga Morich.

IMG_4305nagam.jpg

This one has roots coming out of the drainage holes so it will be one of the first to pot up.

Yellow 7 Pod from seeds I picked up from Hippy. I hope they're as big as his.

IMG_42997yellow.jpg

Here's a shot of the three that I potted up last week.

IMG_4308bj7yellowtscardi.jpg

Top left going clockwise: Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pod Primo and Trinidad Scorpion CARDI.

That's it for now, see you all back here in a week or two.

Looking good there Patrick, your plants will be huge when you plant them out. My Yellow 7s from Hippy are over 4' tall so I'm sure you'll be pretty happy with them.

Update time! I love doing this.

First up a few 7's. There are Jonah, Brain Strains, Barrackapore, Brown, Yellow and Primo strains. Might even be missing one. These are just the ones I've potted up so far.

IMG_4347cre.jpg

Some of the Trinidad Scorpions, yellow CARDI and regular red.

IMG_4358re.jpg

Here's a few Bhut Jolokia's,

IMG_4354re.jpg

This is the best Douglah plant I have going. Seed courtesy of Josh.

IMG_4359re.jpg

more to come....

Naga Morich. I've a few of these this year.

IMG_4355re.jpg

Now I've been goofing around trying to see if I can get a couple of squat, bushy plants going this year. I've kept the lights close to the top as I can for as long as I can. Seems to be working just fine.

Naga Morich:

IMG_4344re.jpg

and a Bhut Jolokia.

IMG_4342re.jpg

More later.

you have some very nice plants there Patrick.I have a question, are you feeding them epsonsalt yet?Mine are simular in size and I haven't started any fert. yet.

more great picks Patrick. You gotta love seeing that next stage when the the top of the plant starts branching off into two, and that new growth at the bottom of the stems. Did you end up getting any of that Chilli Focus?

Thanks for the kind words gang!

WGB I've been feeding these guys ever since the emerged from the dirt. Real weak until I potted them up to the red cups then I started feeding them at half the rate at which you feed every time you water. I'm using Schultz Plant Food. Mix it with water. It's a 10-15-10 fertilizer. I have given them a shot of Epsom salts too. Now that I'm potting up to the one gallon pots I'll go to the full dose of the feeding every time you water but with a slight change. I'll use 75% of the recommend amount with the Schultz and add some Age Old Grow fertilizer to that. It's 12-6-6, all natural and has trace minerals and beneficial bacteria and micro organisms. I fell for the speech the guy at the hydro shop gave me. They were out of the Chili Focus and the guy said this stuff was pretty close. There's your answer too Ballz.

I plan on hitting them with Epsom salts once a month or so.

Back