• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2010 Grow Thread Begins

Appreciate all the nice words everyone.

Vincent our last freeze date is May 15th so six weeks yet to go. Our temps have been in the upper 70F/20C lately so I'm hoping I can get them out a bit earlier. I plan on starting the hardening off process around the first weekend in May.

I can't believe I let a whole week go by without posting some pics! Shame on you guys for letting me get away with that. Yeah, uh anyway here's a shot of one of my Bhut Jolokia's. Being the first true "Super Hot" I think it's going to always be one of my favorites to grow.

IMG_4406bj.jpg

This one has already started to bud.

IMG_4408bjpods.jpg

The promise of heat, flavor and pain.

Next up is a Trinidad Scorpion CARDI with a couple of buds.

IMG_4401tsCARDI.jpg

This is a pic of some of the buds on a Naga Morich. I quit counting at nine.

IMG_4413nagapods.jpg

This is one of my favorite plants, the 7 Pod Primo strain.

I potted this up to the gallon container the week of 17 March. It was slightly bigger than the one next to it in the red cup. Insane growth.

IMG_4427primo.jpg

A shot of the stem. Love the purpleness.:)

IMG_4424primostem.jpg

I plan on pinching these current buds.

Hope you enjoyed.:)

Great pics patrick! Your plants look super healthy, can't wait to see them when they are full of pods! Best of luck to you in your growing season.

Nicely done as always Patrick. Looking forward to outside shots from you, and maybe a couple tasting videos, he he he.

Tasting videos, that's a good one millman.

I finally figured out what annuums I'm going to grow this year. Got some advice on what would make a good chili powder and went with that. So I started four of each, Pulla (Puya), Chile de Arbol, Chimayo, Costeno amarillo and Guajillo. Started a few more Scotch Bonnets too, chocolate, red and some Jamaican Yellows. Might be cutting things close with those but I should at least get some seed for next season.

Time for a quick update.

Things continue to progress. I'm starting to feel a bit nervous, I want to get them outside ASAP. The tops of some of them are showing stunted leaf growth. I'm thinking the plants need some sun and space as not all of them are doing it and they're on the same feeding schedule. Not really worrying, just a bit nervous. Come on May 15th!

Here's a quick shot of things.

IMG_4435re.jpg

Geez, those things look horrible. So scrawny and NOT green. Maybe you should give them some food and some light or something. I know, I can take a bunch off your hands and give them some real love and maybe they will grow properly after that:)

Thanks guys.

I can't believe the difference from last year. Pretty sure the Pro Mix BX is responsible for it too. Amazing the change when your roots can breathe and are free to move around a bit.

Hey Mr. P ..... can't believe I haven't been over here yet ..... sorry. Your plants look super for sure . I'm looking forward to following along.

I've heard good things about Pro Mix but nobody in my area has any or cares to order any . I've been using a Ferti-lome mix for several years and am pretty happy. It's worked ok for various types of plants so far. Still want to try Pro Mix sometime.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

This is a nice army of plants you have. Being sure, standing outside looking at the sun will give them some more extra boost.

Back