• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any Veterans here?

I was thinking of a new social group...Heat Seekers (Chili lovin Vets)

I proudly served in the US Army from July 86-April 91. Spent 13 months is Iraq 90-91.

Anyone other Vets?

My father is a vet, he served the navy in the late 60's I beliver, USS Orion. Was a crain opperator (lifted nukes for a living).

The way I feel it, I'm a veteran of life. My body keeps telling me I've gone through a war :lol:

Military history here, maybe not relevant to me joining a group?? But my uncle was SAS, served in a special 6 man group that would get go ahead of the troops and get into the bunkers and sort out machine gunners in a stealth like fashion. His stories are absolutely mind blowing.

Respect to all that have served

Scorp

US Navy Corpsman 1969-1973

Well. USMC 97-01 but I was on the Wing side (Air Traffic Controller) so depending on who you talk to, I had a cush deployment.

USAF 89-93. Painted heavy equiptment/radar units/mobilizers/AGE equiptment camoflage.....then painted it all beige for desert storm.

Aj how do we set up a social group so we can discuss politics, or should I say since we all live in different parts of the country, discuss things that are going on in our neighborhoods that aren't passing the the sniff test. The news sure isn't providing much with the exception of talk radio. I think it would be a good idea, and that way If someone is in strong disagreement with the group they need not join. We'll have our own skull n bones society.

DickT said:
Aj how do we set up a social group so we can discuss politics, or should I say since we all live in different parts of the country, discuss things that are going on in our neighborhoods that aren't passing the the sniff test. The news sure isn't providing much with the exception of talk radio. I think it would be a good idea, and that way If someone is in strong disagreement with the group they need not join. We'll have our own skull n bones society.

under community in the middle of the menu bar, click community, then click social groups, then click create social group...then you can set it up like you want...just remember, the THP rules still apply here and I seem to feel there will be a lot of political discussions....which are NOT allowed...

AlabamaJack said:
under community in the middle of the menu bar, click community, then click social groups, then click create social group...then you can set it up like you want...just remember, the THP rules still apply here and I seem to feel there will be a lot of political discussions....which are NOT allowed...

copy that, we'll just speak Chinese

Scorpion said:
Military history here, maybe not relevant to me joining a group?? But my uncle was SAS, served in a special 6 man group that would get go ahead of the troops and get into the bunkers and sort out machine gunners in a stealth like fashion. His stories are absolutely mind blowing.

Respect to all that have served

Scorp

Rat Patrol

AlabamaJack said:

I dont see "Create Social groups"

Thank you all for your service!

Mate....Go to the community link, and in the drop down box you will see 'social groups'. Click on that and the general social group page will appear.

Down the bottom left corner you will see 3 links in white.

- Create a new Group
- Advanced Search
- Subscribed Disussions

Remember that it will be watched and as AJ said...NO political talk is allowed and if there is to much,the group will be shut down......But we don't want to do that....:)

enjoy your new group guys and I hope it goes well...

page1thm.jpg

Back